What's new

US asks Pakistan to do more in war against terrorism

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
US asks Pakistan to do more in war against terrorism

The US today asked Pakistan to do more in the war against terrorism and take tough actions to ensure that the terrorist safe havens inside its territory are destroyed.

Things are moving in the right direction in Pakistan, the Defense Secretary, Robert Gates, said adding that it will take longer than the US would like.

The US praised the steps taken by the Pakistani Army in this regard.

The views were echoed by the Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, who addressed a joint press conference with Clinton at the White House, soon after the US President, Barack Obama, announced the results of the annual ****** review.

"Everybody knows that failure to deal with the safe havens does present a real challenge. But I would argue that we are in the process of dealing with those safe havens, the Pakistanis on their side of the border, and Afghanistan, Pakistan and us working together," Gates said in response to a question adding that Pakistani safe havens is one of the major challenges in the war against terrorism.

"Pakistan has committed over 140,000 troops to operations in extremist safe havens along the border, in coordination with Afghan and coalition forces on the Afghan side. But we believe the Pakistanis can and must do more to shut down the flow of insurgents across the border," Gates said.

It is important to remember that these kinds of military operations in the tribal areas would have been considered unthinkable just two years ago.

And the Pakistani military has simultaneously been contending with the historic flooding that has devastated much of the country, he said.

In Pakistan, it will be important to keep making progress and eliminating sanctuaries for extremists, and the US must continue to close the gap between Kabul and Islamabad, Clinton added.

Clinton said In Pakistan, the US have moved beyond a purely transactional relationship dominated by military cooperation.

US asks Pakistan to do more in war against terrorism - The Times of India

yes they need to do more against haqani group,and also others like let,huji etc.they not only blow locals but also in other countries

yes they need to do more against haqani group,and also others like let,huji etc.they not only blow locals but also in other countries

Haqani Group is not on the payroll of RAW so Indians keep barking against them.

I never saw any Indian talking against Terik Taliban Pakistan or TTP as they are being sponsored, trained, armed and funded by Indians for creating anarchy in Pakistan.

I am unhappy with ISI as they are not helping Maoists Fighters of India.

I never saw any Indian talking against Terik Taliban Pakistan or TTP as they are being sponsored, trained, armed and funded by Indians for creating anarchy in Pakistan.

i think army and air strikes have weakened the ttp to very much extent.so thats why i named the haqani etc.
do kill every body who are blowing people:sick:

I swear to God I thought this was a two year old topic... How many times are they going to keep asking us this... its become a laughing matter now...

I think they want us Pakistanis to commit mass suicide... Sorry we cant do that...

Yes... someone in American administration has read Ibn Khuldoon and knows that the real threat lies in the tribes!!!!!!

Pakistanis be aware... Use the tribes for your benefit... dont destroy them like the US wants...

unhappy with isi what they did in mumbai what else do you want change your mind set what will you get for killing innocent people or this does not affect you anymore

unhappy with isi what they did in mumbai what else do you want change your mind set what will you get for killing innocent people or this does not affect you anymore

Read WIKILEAKS...................

Mumbai thing is done by Hindu Extremists.

Ajmal Kasaab is from Bajrang Dal.

ISI or Pakistanis have nothing to do with Mumbai incident.

Read WIKILEAKS...................

Mumbai thing is done by Hindu Extremists.

Ajmal Kasaab is from Bajrang Dal.

ISI or Pakistanis have nothing to do with Mumbai incident.

facepalm-epic.jpg

And source of that wikileaks of your is same person who leaked the great story of balochistan and you all were running for cover.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom