What's new

US Army and USAF intercept cruise missile for first time with JLENS-guided

It is called 'Chinese physics'. It is inscrutable. No one can understand it. The laws of this 'physics' are fluid, they can change from one second to the next without warning. It exists only on the Internet. :lol:

I agree with you, I remember when first prototype of Pak-FA launched, These "Chinese Physicists" made fun of it LREX. They said the "Chiniese physics" suggest Canard like structure (LREX) increase RCS..

When they launch there J20, We saw big Canard, then "Chinese Physics" changes and claim that "Canard doesn't add to RCS"..

@Topic: @BDforever has ate much bandwidth by putting lame comments.. lets have some good discussion..

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the usual suspects living vicariously through American might because their original country of birth can't do jack militarily against China.
No different than Pakistanis living vicariously through China because their country cannot do jack against the US to the point of unable to keep control of territorial airspace.

No different than Pakistanis living vicariously through China because their country cannot do jack against the US to the point of unable to keep control of territorial airspace.
@Developereo does not fathom that. when your history is filled with moving from under one country to another. It becomes a part of normalcy for them. The crutch becomes a third arm.

the real hilarious part is that they clamor for american military assets and brag about how advanced it is when they want to buy it. there no. ' we should get from china' when they can afford the higher tech from us

I don't know of any sane Pakistanis who harbor the delusion that China (or anyone else) can challenge US military might. Even if they could, no country is going to risk US military ire for the sake of someone else.

The US is the reigning hyperpower and any realist will quickly realize that, at the end of the day, might is right.

When I see the sorry DAILY failures of the Chinese members here in logical thought processes, am still waiting for that mythical 'buttkicking'.

Your intellectual deficit is clear and out in the open. I can't speak for the other members on this forum, nor do I take responsibility or credit for what they have said. How about directing your worthless responses to the right person next time? If you are going to respond to me, do not tell me about what others have said.

You have a problem with my broken English? I work with Chinese engineers on a daily basis and you have no idea how often we have to correct their broken English in their reports, technical and else.

Yea, they are *Chinese*. You are supposed to be an *American*. See the difference?

The reason those predetermined responses exists because of the predetermined arguments racists spewed in trying to support their beliefs that there are inherent IQ differences independent of environmental factors.

I just spewed a plethora of evidence on the topic, and your response is "racist, blah blah, enviroment, not worth my time."

It is EXACTLY what I said you would say in my response to you above, and I knew this simply because of the way you speak. In your attempts to sound deep and knowledgeable, you use such simple concepts to explain what are very technical and abstruse subjects. Maybe it passes the level of general knowledge on this forum, but I see your chicanery for what it truly is.

When I see a Chinese, on a publicly accessible Internet forum, claimed to be a physics professor, and yet made a technically horrific declaration without supporting it, then ran away from said declaration, I see no need to consider relevant any Chinese claim to be racially superior to anyone else. The only daily buttkicking I see is you guys doing it to yourselves and the sorry part is you guys do not even realize you are doing it.

You see what I mean? You are referring to events that I'm not aware of, stories that don't concern me (nor do I care for them to). You know you can't attack any of my points, for the simple fact that you don't have anything that could possibly measure up to my specific knowledge on the subject. So instead you resort to ad hominems and anecdotal evidence.

Also, your sample size is one, you scientifically illiterate 'scientist'. And you think you're intelligent...

Shanghai Bob- where do you come with that crap of Indian IQ = 30 points more in the US. Is that what your brainwashed Borg told you in China, to justify why you have poor performing Chinese in other countries? and better yet IQ as basis of any intelligence in adult brains has been debunked and has no bearing on the ability of a person to succeed. well- given the people are not at a mental retardation level.

there have numerous studies done that show that concept of higher IQ is not a basis to show intelligence.

IQ ‘a myth,’ study says - Research led by Western University finds at three factors contribute to intelligence. IQ ‘a myth,’ study says | Toronto Star

I'm really not surprised at your desperation to hide the lower average intelligence of your fellow brethren.

Go and read the studies that you just posted. Did you? Or did you just perform the Indian Google snatch?

As an earlier poster once said,

"What we call "IQ testing" is the reflection of the astonishing finding that all cognitive abilities which are valuable in the context of a modern, industrialized society are positively correlated. Seemingly unrelated skills such a backward-digit span, pitch recognition, and the ability to understand a passage of written prose all tend to rise or fall together -- and these correlations are not trivial, but the highest ever documented in the social sciences. Statistically speaking, Sandra who scores high on physics is also likely to write better essays than Mindy who scores low. Occasional exceptions to this rule do not disprove this overall trend. A narrow, one-dimensional measure of a "linear" sort of intelligence, IQ surely is not."

And indeed, you have not named one famous scientist who disagrees with me. You posted news articles, without the studies to back them up, and *without* the names of said scientists (who are probably just Bachelor freshmen angry at the "racists").

Thanks for the fix.

I'm really not surprised at your desperation to hide the lower average intelligence of your fellow brethren.

Go and read the studies that you just posted. Did you? Or did you just perform the Indian Google snatch?

As an earlier poster once said,

"What we call "IQ testing" is the reflection of the astonishing finding that all cognitive abilities which are valuable in the context of a modern, industrialized society are positively correlated. Seemingly unrelated skills such a backward-digit span, pitch recognition, and the ability to understand a passage of written prose all tend to rise or fall together -- and these correlations are not trivial, but the highest ever documented in the social sciences. Statistically speaking, Sandra who scores high on physics is also likely to write better essays than Mindy who scores low. Occasional exceptions to this rule do not disprove this overall trend. A narrow, one-dimensional measure of a "linear" sort of intelligence, IQ surely is not."

And indeed, you have not named one famous scientist who disagrees with me. You posted news articles, without the studies to back them up, and *without* the names of said scientists (who are probably just Bachelor freshmen angry at the "racists").

Thanks for the fix.

Dear Locust - There are several studies done in the modern era showing that IQ benchmark is a myth and done by reputable universities and published in reputable papers. just because you, typical of the Chinese love to create your theories on the sciences - it does not make it true. everywhere you go, you see Chinese perform sub par , they are just a copy/ paste mindset. You are a culture that is so submissive and it had even allowed 30 million of its own citizenry to be starved to death, rather than seek international help. That is the brain functionality of your people and your history.

Show me in the modern era any scientist still calling IQ tests as any bench to measure intelligence. You are holding to a fallacy that your Chinese minds can never cash.

BELOW I HAVE SHOWN ' the largest ever study of intelligence, researchers have found that far from indicating how clever you are, IQ testing is actually rather ‘meaningless’.'

Now you going to defy the study done because why? because the Chinese borg told you that you were a high IQ race? :lol:

IQ tests are 'meaningless and too simplistic' claim researchers
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...mplistic-claim-researchers.html#ixzz2bwux8WuV

The idea that intelligence can be measured by a single number — your IQ — is wrong, according to a recent study led by researchers at the University of Western Ontario.
The study, published in the journal Neuron on Wednesday, involved 100,000 participants around the world taking 12 cognitive tests, with a smaller sample of the group undergoing simultaneous brain-scan testing.
“When we looked at the data, the bottom line is the whole concept of IQ — or of you having a higher IQ than me — is a myth,” said Dr. Adrian Owen, the study’s senior investigator and the Canada Excellence Research Chair in Cognitive Neuroscience and Imaging at the university’s Brain and Mind Institute. “There is no such thing as a single measure of IQ or a measure of general intelligence.”

Rather, the study determined three factors — reasoning, short-term memory and verbal ability — that combined to create human intelligence or “cognitive profile.”
IQ testing is used by many educators to measure intelligence, including in public schools in Ontario.

The researchers advertised their tests through New Scientist magazine and on discovery.com. Word quickly spread around the world, far surpassing the expectations of researchers, who expected only a few thousand participants. It became the largest online study on intelligence, allowing them to gather data across demographic, age and gender lines.

The scientists also used brain-scanning (fMRIs) on some of the subjects. “If there is something in the brain that is IQ, we should be able to find it by scanning. But it turns out there is no one area in the brain that accounts for people’s so-called IQ. In fact, there are three completely different networks that respond — verbal abilities, reasoning abilities and short-term memory abilities — that are in quite different parts of the brain,” Owen said.

Among the study’s other findings:
• While aging has a detrimental effect on reasoning and short-term memory, it leaves verbal abilities “completely unimpaired.”
• Smoking has a negative impact on verbal abilities and short-term memory but does not affect reasoning skills.
• People who play video games performed “significantly better” in terms of both reasoning and short-term memory.
• Products that are advertised to improve brain function aren’t effective. “People who ‘brain-train’ are no better at any of these three aspects of intelligence than people who don’t,” Owen said.

IQ ‘a myth,’ study says | Toronto Star

ismissed as a "myth" by scientists who found that our intelligence can only be predicted by combining results from at least three tests of our mental agility.

Different circuits within the brain are used for different thought processes, the researchers showed, meaning separate tests of short-term memory, reasoning and verbal skills are needed to measure someone's overall intelligence.

Their landmark study was based on the results of an online intelligence test which was launched by the Daily Telegraph and New Scientist two years ago, and attracted more than 110,000 responses.

Dr Roger Highfield, the Telegraph columnist and one of the authors of the paper, said: "When you come to the most complex known object, the human brain, the idea that there is only one measure of intelligence had to be wrong.

"We can all think of people that have poor reasoning and brilliant memories, or fantastic language skills but aren't so hot at reasoning, and so on. Now once and for all we can say there is not a single measure such as IQ which captures all the intelligence that you see in people."

The online test, which took about 30 minutes to complete, featured 12 cognitive tests of volunteers' memory, reasoning, attention and planning as well as recording details about their lifestyle and background.

Taking into account the full range of cognitive abilities tested, they found that people's varying success rates could only be explained by combining at least three types of intelligence, and not by any single measure such as IQ.

"When you look at cognitive ability you can't boil it down to fewer than three components – short-term memory, reasoning and a verbal component," Dr Highfield explained. "There isn't one component that explains all the variations we saw in all the tests."

Following up their findings, the scientists scanned the brains of 16 volunteers while they completed the same tests and found that the three key types of intelligence relied on different circuits within the brain.

Writing in the Neuron journal, the researchers also observed that regularly playing "brain training" games appeared to have no effect on people's overall performance.

But people who regularly played computer games scored significantly higher in reasoning and short-term memory tests, while smokers and anxiety sufferers had weaker short-term memory scores.

An updated version of the test has been released as part of the ongoing research project.

Show me in the modern era any scientist still calling IQ tests as any bench to measure intelligence. You are holding to a fallacy that your Chinese minds can never cash.

Unfortunately, almost everyone. And you still have yet to refute any of my points. Why? Because you don't even have the minimal knowledge needed to do so. You are left with posting studies from developmental psychologists [:omghaha:], which are wrong on just about everything.

You think that posting the minority viewpoint, some couple dozen studies out of literally hundreds of thousands that state the opposite, is a strong rebuttal? You are desperate.

Who believes in the validity of IQ?

Literally, almost 100% of psychometricians.

Some famous scientists include:

James Flynn; known for the Flynn effect

Jim-Flynn.jpg

James Watson; co-discoverer of DNA

765px-James_D_Watson.jpg

William Shockley; co-inventor of the transistor

William_Shockley.jpg

Dear Locust - There are several studies done in the modern era showing that IQ benchmark is a myth and done by reputable universities and published in reputable papers. just because you, typical of the Chinese love to create your theories on the sciences - it does not make it true. everywhere you go, you see Chinese perform sub par , they are just a copy/ paste mindset. You are a culture that is so submissive and it had even allowed 30 million of its own citizenry to be starved to death, rather than seek international help. That is the brain functionality of your people and your history.

Shall I continue slum-dog? Or will finish playing in your feces and finally post some of the scientists that don't believe in the validity of IQ, like I did for my argument?

Waiting for your excuse now...

Unfortunately, almost everyone. And you still have yet to refute any of my points. Why? Because you don't even have the minimal knowledge needed to do so. You are left with posting studies from developmental psychologists [:omghaha:], which are wrong on just about everything.

You think that posting the minority viewpoint, some couple dozen studies out of literally hundreds of thousands that state the opposite, is a strong rebuttal? You are desperate.

Who believes in the validity of IQ?

Literally, almost 100% of psychometricians.

Some famous scientists include:

James Flynn; known for the Flynn effect

James Watson; co-discoverer of DNA

William Shockley; co-inventor of the transistor

Shall I continue slum-dog? Or will finish playing in your feces and finally post some of the scientists that don't believe in the validity of IQ, like I did for my argument?

Waiting for your excuse now...

showing me images of scientist without showing me where they have quantified that IQ testing IS the standard to measure intelligence- shows why you guys are laughed at.

I showed you the biggest study done by scientist and you go " nope old Chinese saying - Chinese make up own sciences = Chinese right" " :rofl:

neuroscientists are development psychologists? but a person who invented transistors is more weighted to known about the brain :lol:

hey can you translate this song dedicated to you and your ilk by HK'ers

showing me images of scientist without showing me where they have quantified that IQ testing IS the standard to measure intelligence- shows why you guys are laughed at.

I showed you the biggest study done by scientist and you go " nope old Chinese saying - Chinese make up own sciences = Chinese right" " :rofl:

LOL.

And thanks for proving how illiterate you are on said topic. James Flynn is known for the Flynn effect, a noticeable rise in IQ scores occurring over the last century.

As for James Watson: Fury at DNA pioneer's theory: Africans are less intelligent than Westerners - Science - News - The Independent

More from James Watson on race,*evolution,*and intelligence. - Slate Magazine

http://psychology.uwo.ca/faculty/rushtonpdfs/2008%20Med%20Hypotheses.pdf

Reflecting On James D. Watson: Why The Truth, Even About About IQ Differences, Will Indeed Set Us Free | VDARE.com

And everyone knows about William Shockley:

you are quoting debunked scientist. this would be like someone at one point thought the world was flat . You are a member of the flat earth society. Vast, scientific studies have debunked the IQ theory. I have shown you studies , actual one and not theories based on opinions, which show IQ standard to be a myth. The links you have provided have been re soundly debunked.

This is the guy you racist love to quote.
The respected journal Science wrote in 1990: "To many in the scientific community, Watson has long been something of a wild man, and his colleagues tend to hold their collective breath whenever he veers from the script."

In 1997, he told a British newspaper that a woman should have the right to abort her unborn child if tests could determine it would be homosexual. He later insisted he was talking about a "hypothetical" choice which could never be applied. He has also suggested a link between skin colour and sex drive, positing the theory that black people have higher libidos, and argued in favour of genetic screening and engineering on the basis that "stupidity" could one day be cured. He has claimed that beauty could be genetically manufactured, saying: "People say it would be terrible if we made all girls pretty. I think it would great."

finally we get a picture of you. you are no different that the stromfront guys. just small petty racist and bigot. :lol:

you are quoting debunked scientist. this would be like someone at one point thought the world was flat . You are a member of the flat earth society. Vast, scientific studies have debunked the IQ theory. I have shown you studies , actual one and not theories based on opinions show IQ to be a myth. The links you have provided have be re soundly debunked.

This is the guy you racist love to quote.

finally we get a picture of you. you are no different that the stromfront guys. just small petty racist and bigot. :lol:

I love it when you guys prove me right. Racist this or that, you love Stormfront (which is a *White* Supremacist site, by the way), and other bu-tt hurt emotional tirades.

The fact of the matter is, the geniuses are on my side, and less than 1% of the scientific community is on yours.

For the last time, reference a handful of notable scientists which reject the bases of IQ.

If you refuse to do so, I will accordingly consider you to be a charlatan and a liar. IQ is considered to be valid by everyone worth mentioning, and the fact that you can't post references from meaningful scientists, and I CAN, is proof of that.

Post script: Calling people like the discoverer of DNA, the co-inventor of the transistor, and the man behind the Flynn effect "debunked", would make you lower than debunked. Flat Earth really doesn't get into the meat of a good description for your ineptitude.

I love it when you guys prove me right. Racist this or that, you love Stormfront (which is a *White* Supremacist site, by the way), and other bu-tt hurt emotional tirades.

The fact of the matter is, the geniuses are on my side, and less than 1% of the scientific community is on yours.

For the last time, reference a handful of notable scientists which reject the bases of IQ.

If you refuse to do so, I will accordingly consider you to be a charlatan and a liar. IQ is considered to be valid by everyone worth mentioning, and the fact that you can't post references from meaningful scientists, and I CAN, is proof of that.

Post script: Calling people like the discoverer of DNA, the co-inventor of the transistor, and the man behind the Flynn effect "debunked", would make you lower than debunked. Flat Earth really doesn't get into the meat of a good description for your ineptitude.

you quote the heros of stromfront and then say I like them :lol:

I have quoted you the biggest scientific study specifically on the field, debunking it and you want play Chinese checkers with it. You have nobody but a debunked old scientist, all of them having neither the background in this field or some that went upon a hypothesis, flynn " a political scientist" who went on the assumption that IQ was a valid standard and then came up with how it plays out on the races. - then one of them who is called a madmen by own peers...

Back
Top Bottom