What's new

US Army and USAF intercept cruise missile for first time with JLENS-guided

The only "level playing field" is the objective scientific 'universe', where things are peer-reviewed, replicated, and when the findings have been found to be the same again and again, are held to be 'facts'.

The mean Indian American IQ in the USA is 110-112. THIS explains why they are high-performers; they are the top 0.5% of Indians living on this Earth, and they have been snatched by Americans (and other countries like GB).

It's explained rationally and objectively. You can't refute it because there is nothing to object to. The mean Indian American IQ is a full 30 points higher than that of the average Indian. That's *two* standard deviations above the Indian mean. Comparing the top 0.5% of Indians against the average Chinese or White or WHOMEVER, is not only intentionally misleading and dishonest, but is also an indication of your inherent desperation to prove the world what you already know not to be true: that Indians are superior.

Instead of comparing the highest 0.5% of Indians against the distinctly average Chinese, why don't we compare the average Chinese with the average Indian? Does that seem to be objectively fair, or is that too offending to your pamperedness?

Around 95% of Indians and Chinese live in India and China, respectively. What more could you ask for? The average Indian IQ is 82, while the average Indian IQ is 106.

1: There is no reliable data on the positive correlation between individual freedoms and IQ. Post some.

2: High-IQ nations/races have had a history of living under brutal regimes. Try Nazi Germany or the Soviet Union.

3: China is, as are most East Asian nations, largely conformist in nature. Regardless of the underlying innate intelligence of the population, advocating for a revolution as you "smart" Indians would do, would probably cause more destruction than it would an improvement in the economic and social outlook of the country. Our political system is a remnant of a time of social and political upheaval. We are not going to do the "smart" Indian thing by destroying our country in a revolution simply because we wan't things to advance more quickly. So actually, now that I think of it, the lack of Chinese calls for a revolution or violence (as is currently happening in India) is probably an indication of our ability to control our impulses and refrain from violence on a mass scale.

I hope I helped you with your overly simplistic assessment and your contemptible, poorly expressed rebuttal.

Shanghai Bob- where do you come with that crap of Indian IQ = 30 points more in the US. Is that what your brainwashed Borg told you in China, to justify why you have poor performing Chinese in other countries? and better yet IQ as basis of any intelligence in adult brains has been debunked and has no bearing on the ability of a person to succeed. well- given the people are not at a mental retardation level.

A new study from researchers at the University of Western Ontario has come to a surprising conclusion that the very idea of the IQ (intelligence quotient) score is based upon a false premise. Dr. Adrian Owen, the Canada Excellence Research Chair in Cognitive Neuroscience and Imaging at the University’s Brain and Mind Institute, acted as senior investigator on the study, and he says their finding proves “there is no such thing as a single measure of IQ or a measure of general intelligence.” He continued, “When we looked at the data, the bottom line is [that] the whole concept of IQ – or of you having a higher IQ than me – is a myth.”

Owen and his team looked at the results of 12 separate cognitive tests across 100,000 subjects, programs which were advertised through both New Scientist magazine and the Discovery Channel website. The team originally anticipated a response from “a few thousand” participants, but the rush of those wanting to take part ended up making the research the largest online study on intelligence to date. Some subjects also volunteered to functional MRI scans to monitor brain activity during their tests, and it was this portion of the study that definitively proved to Owen that IQ is a myth. “If there is something in the brain that is IQ, we should be able to find it by scanning,” he told the Toronto Star newspaper. “But it turns out there is no one area in the brain that accounts for people’s so-called IQ.”

Read more: Despite what you've learned, scientists say the IQ doesn't exist | Digital Trends

there have numerous studies done that show that concept of higher IQ is not a basis to show intelligence.

IQ ‘a myth,’ study says - Research led by Western University finds at three factors contribute to intelligence. http://www.thestar.com/life/2012/12/19/iq_a_myth_study_says.html

The study, published in the journal Neuron on Wednesday, involved 100,000 participants around the world taking 12 cognitive tests, with a smaller sample of the group undergoing simultaneous brain-scan testing.
“When we looked at the data, the bottom line is the whole concept of IQ — or of you having a higher IQ than me — is a myth,” said Dr. Adrian Owen, the study’s senior investigator and the Canada Excellence Research Chair in Cognitive Neuroscience and Imaging at the university’s Brain and Mind Institute. “There is no such thing as a single measure of IQ or a measure of general intelligence.”

JLENS consists of an integrated surveillance and fire-control radar on two tethered, 74-meter aerostats, which fly at altitudes of 10,000 feet above sea level and remain aloft and operational for 30 days.

I will dedicate a stealth drone UAV with electronic jamming devices for those two 74 meter aerostats at a higher or lower altitude 24/24, so here goes your experiment to the trash bin in reality.

And this uncertainty is what I have been trying to educate the Chinese members.

If I wanted to, I can draw up on a piece of toilet paper a missile that can knock down the Moon and declare it 'operational'. Then every scientists and engineers in the world would tell me that my claim is not worth the paper it was written on.

Until the DF-21D successfully completed open water testings...

That goes for US claims too, not just Chinese.

Please...Do try to read the responses...

The Chinese criticized my English -- first.

I have never commented anyone on their English given the fact that this is a publicly accessible forum. Try not to keep your sucking up to the Chinese so obvious.

In that case, carry on.

By the way, saying I'm sucking up to the Chinese isn't going convince me that you're a good guy. All it's doing is convincing me that you're an asshole.

Around 95% of Indians and Chinese live in India and China, respectively. What more could you ask for? The average Indian IQ is 82, while the average Indian IQ is 106.

Indian?

1: There is no reliable data on the positive correlation between individual freedoms and IQ. Post some.

2: High-IQ nations/races have had a history of living under brutal regimes. Try Nazi Germany or the Soviet Union.

3: China is, as are most East Asian nations, largely conformist in nature. Regardless of the underlying innate intelligence of the population, advocating for a revolution as you "smart" Indians would do, would probably cause more destruction than it would an improvement in the economic and social outlook of the country. Our political system is a remnant of a time of social and political upheaval. We are not going to do the "smart" Indian thing by destroying our country in a revolution simply because we wan't things to advance more quickly. So actually, now that I think of it, the lack of Chinese calls for a revolution or violence (as is currently happening in India) is probably an indication of our ability to control our impulses and refrain from violence on a mass scale.

1 and 2: It has more to do with the general culture, the family culture, the will of the individual and the level of comfort mostly (a minimum must be present), and individual freedom of thought helps, although the latter statement is very relative, since even under the severest political systems no one can take that freedom from the people; revolutions came despite and because of severe regimes impositions and tries of population mind control.

3: It is more about the level of comfort again... a minimum must be achieved.

Would the AMRAAM be the right missile for a BM target though? Again, i am basing it on missile range and flight based on known parameters of the 120D. Unless they plan to add boosters as on the RIM-161 it would have difficulty getting to the RV would it not?
You mean could the AMRAAM be adapted for such a mission. Absolutely.

The RIM-7 is already vertical launch capable, so why not adapt the same for AMRAAM. What make the AMRAAM quite suitable is its already sophisticated avionics, from sensors to flight controls. A vertical launched and flight AMRAAM would be able to use triangulation from several ground radars to calculate a head on collision intercept to a descending ballistic warhead. In case of multiple targets, data links would guide it to the target that is perceived to be the highest threat based upon descending trajectory.

We do not even need to use the AMRAAM if we could cram its sophistication into a Sidewinder. Remove the explosive charge. As long as we could make the collision, the force itself would be enough to either destroy the ballistic warhead or send it out of control.

I will dedicate a stealth drone UAV with electronic jamming devices for those two 74 meter aerostats at a higher or lower altitude 24/24, so here goes your experiment to the trash bin in reality.
Yeah...A drone that is transmitting in all freqs and with enough amplitude to jam everything. Really 'stealthy' there, buddy...See if Iran can work one up such for you...:lol:

. A vertical launched and flight AMRAAM would be able to use triangulation from several ground radars to calculate a head on collision intercept to a descending ballistic warhead. In case of multiple targets, data links would guide it to the target that is perceived to be the highest threat based upon descending trajectory.

We do not even need to use the AMRAAM if we could cram its sophistication into a Sidewinder. Remove the explosive charge. As long as we could make the collision, the force itself would be enough to either destroy the ballistic warhead or send it out of control.

But would that not be even more computationally intensive and perhaps less effective than taking it out while it is in the upper atmosphere?

You mean could the AMRAAM be adapted for such a mission. Absolutely.

The RIM-7 is already vertical launch capable, so why not adapt the same for AMRAAM. What make the AMRAAM quite suitable is its already sophisticated avionics, from sensors to flight controls. A vertical launched and flight AMRAAM would be able to use triangulation from several ground radars to calculate a head on collision intercept to a descending ballistic warhead. In case of multiple targets, data links would guide it to the target that is perceived to be the highest threat based upon descending trajectory.

Yeah...A drone that is transmitting in all freqs and with enough amplitude to jam everything. Really 'stealthy' there, buddy...See if Iran can work one up such for you...:lol:

Time and again, you are showing your amateurism in all matters, since the most sophisticated air defence system of yours has failed its latest test, they should take you as their leading scientist.

Iran has already done that, mind you. And jamming only the frequency of their targets.

But would that not be even more computationally intensive and perhaps less effective than taking it out while it is in the upper atmosphere?
Require more computing power? Yes. Less effective? Not really since this will be sort of the final defensive method in a defensive tactic that consists of many layers. When you are defending against a DESCENDING ballistic warhead, you are engaging it in its final stage of flight. Is it BETTER to take the missile bus out before it releases its warhead or warheads? Yes. But is that destruction assured in every defense to allow us to remove point defense capability? No.

Remember the proper definition of 'point defense'...

Point-defence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
...is the defence of a single object or a limited area, e.g. a ship, building or an airfield, now usually against air attacks and guided missiles.[1] Point-defence weapons have a smaller range in contrast to area-defence systems and are placed near or on the object to be protected.
The RIM-7 Sea Sparrow is one such. So is the R2-D2 rotary gun.

The greater the desire for 100% certainty, the greater the need for sensors and computational prowess to exploit those sensors. JLENS is for wide area over the horizon monitoring and tracking of perceived threats. There are no technical barriers to adapt this for ballistic defense of that same wide area in terms of monitoring and providing multiple point defense solutions for multiple defenders.

So for ships against the DF-21D or any other anti-ship ballistic missile, the DF-21D is passe.

Time and again, you are showing your amateurism in all matters, since the most sophisticated air defence system of yours has failed its latest test, they should take you as their leading scientist.
:lol:

Only YOU would believe that.

Clue for you, clueless one: EVERY test is a rigged test. From car crash safety testing to ballistic missiles. From designing new tires to designing new sewing machines. Proper R/D procedures demands incremental releases of variables, from weather to human errors or rather simulated human errors, into the testing regime. The more fine grain the testing regime, the more robust the final product will be in terms of resisting and dealing with those variables.

People used to mock US whenever they see in the news how one of our weapons testing failed. Now after my explanations, no one really does it anymore. Except for the clueless like you.

If I was a mercenary and Iran hired me, may be Iran would not the laughing stock of the world as we see today. :lol:

Iran has already done that, mind you.
Yeah...Iran have yet to show the military world any sort of technological or philosophical breakthroughs. Sorry, but modifying an F-5 does not cut it.

So for ships against the DF-21D or any other anti-ship ballistic missile, the DF-21D is passe.

But then again, as you stated. There is really very little known about the DF-21D other than that it is a BM and that it is aimed at US carriers. Nothing on its exact range, guidance, targeting etc etc.
it could very well be the equivalent of the Mig-25 Foxbat hype that ended up with the F-15..
Or it could possibly be a perceived "bomber gap" while the Chinese are looking elsewhere.

Not sure if this gentleman is only connecting dots..but
according to a recent approval for up to $65 million over three years from the Naval Research Laboratory to defense contractor ITT Exelis. The funds, according to a Navy document, are for a suite of 24 electronic warfare systems to be mounted on U.S. warships sailing near Chinese waters.

The reason? It’s “necessary to thwart an immediate threat for naval fleet operations,” the Navy stated. The sailing branch wants the new defenses in place by March 2014.

The urgent notice, first spotted by Military & Aerospace Electronics, is an unusually stark warning for the planet’s mightiest fleet. Navy officials told the magazine the undisclosed danger is a “newly discovered threat,” which caused U.S. Pacific Fleet commander Adm. Cecil Haney to fast-track the project.

The Navy isn’t saying what the threat is, which country developed it or when it was discovered by the Americans. Requests to the Navy for comment were not returned.

But it’s possible to make informed guesses. As the trade magazine notes, “shipboard electronic warfare systems typically are designed to detect and jam enemy radar threats — particularly the electronics in radar-guided anti-ship missiles.”

From
https://medium.com/war-is-boring/9b7312dc7bf5

But then again, as you stated. There is really very little known about the DF-21D other than that it is a BM and that it is aimed at US carriers. Nothing on its exact range, guidance, targeting etc etc.
it could very well be the equivalent of the Mig-25 Foxbat hype that ended up with the F-15..
Or it could possibly be a perceived "bomber gap" while the Chinese are looking elsewhere.
Open water testing will reveal much, if not outright all, of those unknowns. We can safely assume that the Chinese have conducted static testing of the DF-21D. Strict R/D procedures pretty much demands it. But since it is highly unlikely that the Chinese will expend a nuclear warhead to destroy a US aircraft carrier, thereby risking nuclear retaliation and dragging Asia, if not the entire world, into a nuclear war, open water testing against a moving and maneuvering ship with a conventional warhead is the final proof of concept. That does not mean China cannot declare the DF-21D to be provisionally operational and put a good scare into the neighbors.

Not sure if this gentleman is only connecting dots..but

From
https://medium.com/war-is-boring/9b7312dc7bf5
I have read this tripe before. Mere hyperbole intends to attract Internet attraction than for genuine objective analyses.

:lol:

Only YOU would believe that.

Clue for you, clueless one: EVERY test is a rigged test. From car crash safety testing to ballistic missiles. From designing new tires to designing new sewing machines. Proper R/D procedures demands incremental releases of variables, from weather to human errors or rather simulated human errors, into the testing regime. The more fine grain the testing regime, the more robust the final product will be in terms of resisting and dealing with those variables.

People used to mock US whenever they see in the news how one of our weapons testing failed. Now after my explanations, no one really does it anymore. Except for the clueless like you.

If I was a mercenary and Iran hired me, may be Iran would not the laughing stock of the world as we see today. :lol:

Yeah...Iran have yet to show the military world any sort of technological or philosophical breakthroughs. Sorry, but modifying an F-5 does not cut it.

Here is something for you clueless one:

US missile defense system, waste of $250 billion investment

A recent failure in the US missile defense system where the interceptor missed the target means 30 years of research and around $250 billion in investment on the project have failed to yield any results.

In a Wednesday letter published by the New York Times, Yousaf M. Butt, a senior fellow at the Federation of American Scientists, writes the system’s problems should be removed before spending any more money on it.

“In fact, the architecture of the planned “midcourse” missile defense is so inherently flawed that the laws of physics would have to be violated in order to correct its problems,” Butt said.

On July 5, an advanced missile-defense interceptor, fired from Vandenberg air base in California, failed to hit a long-range ballistic missile launched from an American Army test site at Kwajalein atoll in the Marshall Islands.

The tests are rigged as they are conducted in what the program’s director, Vice Admiral James Syring of the Navy, calls a “controlled, scripted environment.”

“The principal flaw is that any adversary capable of making long-range missiles can also make simple decoy warheads that could easily defeat the planned system,” the letter added.

The writer concludes that investing on such a flawed system only hurts American national security.

It has cost the US $34 billion to have 30 of the ground-based interceptors in Alaska and California.

Despite the repeated failures, the administration announced in March that it would increase the number of interceptors to 44 by 2017.

The additional missiles will be deployed in silos at Fort Greely, Alaska, where there are already 26 interceptors.

US missile defense waste of $250 billion

So, you should be ashamed of giving a big mouth.

You want more from Iran, another new class submarine is coming this month, and they have already shown enough for everyone wit eyes to see, ears to hear and brains to think, so go ask your military why they can not attack Iran.

Here is something for you clueless one:

US missile defense system, waste of $250 billion investment

A recent failure in the US missile defense system where the interceptor missed the target means 30 years of research and around $250 billion in investment on the project have failed to yield any results.

In a Wednesday letter published by the New York Times, Yousaf M. Butt, a senior fellow at the Federation of American Scientists, writes the system’s problems should be removed before spending any more money on it.
Yousaf Butt...??? The guy's distortions of facts have been exposed by other scientists not slaved to political biases. His dishonesty demands an impossible standard: That the BMD system, while under development, works perfectly on the first test.

Butt essentially said that mid course interception is possible if we bends the laws of physics.

Sea-based Ballistic Missile Defense Test Successful
The target was launched at 2:30 p.m. Hawaiian Standard Time (7:30 p.m. EST). Lake Erie, equipped with Aegis BMD computer programs and equipment, developed a fire control solution without any external sensor inputs. Within two minutes after target launch, the Aegis Weapon System fired the SM-3 guided missile. Approximately two minutes later, the missile's kinetic warhead acquired, tracked and diverted into the target, demonstrating the Aegis BMD system's capability to engage the ballistic missile target in the ascent phase. This was the third consecutive target intercept.
Looks like the US did just that. We are now masters of the universe. :lol:

You want more from Iran, another new class submarine is coming this month, and they have already shown enough for everyone wit eyes to see, ears to hear and brains to think, so go ask your military why they can not attack Iran.
Yeah...I did. And they laughed at you, Baghdad Bob.

The Star Wars (SDI) program?
The Chinese copied US in just about everything else. Why not scare tactics as well?

Yousaf Butt...??? The guy's distortions of facts have been exposed by other scientists not slaved to political biases. His dishonesty demands an impossible standard: That the BMD system, while under development, works perfectly on the first test.

Butt essentially said that mid course interception is possible if we bends the laws of physics.

Sea-based Ballistic Missile Defense Test Successful

Looks like the US did just that. We are now masters of the universe. :lol:

Yeah...I did. And they laughed at you, Baghdad Bob.

The Chinese copied US in just about everything else. Why not scare tactics as well?

You left with your tail between your legs Baghdad scum of the earth, you were losing more soldiers than you ever dreamed of just by snipers day and night that you begged you government to pull you back home before you die too. You have experienced the same fate in Afghanistan, you use drones now against at most kalashnikovs, because you solders are mostly confined to their barracks, and you think you are brave?

Not long time ago, about a year or so, Iranians invited the US to attack them if it has the balls, or leave the Persian gulf, and the US 5th fleet was minimised to the minimum and can not move freely without the Iranian permission in the Gulf.
Another interesting thing for you to learn Cow boy gambler, no middle east nation wants to let you use its territories to wage war and terrorism, it just against their own interests, so your USrael interests have been exposed to the whole world when your own president confessed to have lied on the reasons to attack Iraq and Afghanistan.

Iran today, is a hundred or more times more powerful than Iraq and Afghanistan combined, your generals and admirals know it, and even your scum of the earth congress and politicians are split about it. It is just too much for them; attacking Iran, is synonymous of attacking the whole world economy, and attacking a very resolute and powerful country that has very powerful friends.

Back
Top Bottom