What's new

US Army and USAF intercept cruise missile for first time with JLENS-guided

Bias against the US and the American crew, including from yours, are fine.

Spare me your delusions.

My comment about you and JayAtl are accurate. Both of you are obsessed with your hyphenated-American baggage and your postings reflect that bias. Consistently.

Notice that, unlike your bile, my comment is not a blanket indictment of other, or even majority, Indian or Vietnamese posters on this forum.

I have dealt respectfully with other Americans here like Chogy, DBC, TruthSeeker and others, who are every bit as patriotic as you, but know how to debate intelligently with decorum. Despite your tantrums, people who know my posts have seen that I acknowledge and compliment America on its achievements, like any other country.

The rest of your post only showcases your character and does not merit a response.

The Western scientific community is STILL waiting for your paper explaining how the 10-lambda rule violate Born Approximation. Where is it? You once claimed to be a physics professor with an office where you could berate students who do not live up to your expectations. Are you teaching 'Chinese physics'? :lol:

You high school drop-out "Western scientific community"?? Funny! LOL!

I know you have trouble comprehending the basic physics terminologies. It might be too evil, but I have just been entertaining the idea how long and intensely you show your laughing stock to the public of the whole world through your imbecile "questions", or rather, lunatic rants! :lol:

So keep up your raving...

Those are crimes and against the law . You have state sanctioned BY LAW - genocides.

wrong. sex selective abortion is not against the law in India. :lol: otherwise over 60 million crimes have been committed in India

dude @gpit thinks using the cash register to ring up the lunch specials = physics. he told you he was once a Physics professor? he once said here he worked in a bank. :lol:

“Your habit is what you do repeatedly.”

Yours is just to push your ****** 7-11 cash registry behind your greasy desks every day, and thus only be capable of habitually imaging the same for others.

Poor and sorrow fellow, stop telling us your 7-11 physics that drives US missiles.

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
“Your habit is what you do repeatedly.”

Yours is just to push your ****** 7-11 cash registry behind your greasy desks every day, and thus only be capable of habitually imaging the same for others.

Poor and sorrow fellow, stop telling us your 7-11 physics that drives US missiles.

:lol:

what can I say that your pal china rising has not said about you Chinese in america? i.e. being the dumbest/ lowest of IQ Chinese exports.

You high school drop-out "Western scientific community"?? Funny! LOL!

I know you have trouble comprehending the basic physics terminologies. It might be too evil, but I have just been entertaining the idea how long and intensely you show your laughing stock to the public of the whole world through your imbecile "questions", or rather, lunatic rants! :lol:

So keep up your raving...
You claimed that the 10-lambda rule 'violated' Born Approximation. I asked you how. It does not matter if I am a 'high school drop-out' or not. I showed you a paper written by three Chinese engineers who disagreed with you. For the benefits of the readers, you who claimed to be a physics professor could do the readers a great favor and explain this scientific breakthrough that contradicts working professionals. Or are we looking at 'Chinese physics' here? :lol:

Spare me your delusions.

My comment about you and JayAtl are accurate. Both of you are obsessed with your hyphenated-American baggage and your postings reflect that bias. Consistently.

Notice that, unlike your bile, my comment is not a blanket indictment of other, or even majority, Indian or Vietnamese posters on this forum.

I have dealt respectfully with other Americans here like Chogy, DBC, TruthSeeker and others, who are every bit as patriotic as you, but know how to debate intelligently with decorum. Despite your tantrums, people who know my posts have seen that I acknowledge and compliment America on its achievements, like any other country.

The rest of your post only showcases your character and does not merit a response.
Your Chinese masters, the ones allegedly with really high IQs, needs your help over here...

http://www.defence.pk/forums/chinese-defence/271265-china-conducts-another-mobile-icbm-test.html

Now be a good little puppy and run to help...Good boy...Good boy...:lol:

The Chinese do have higher average IQ's, yet Westerners have invented virtually everything of significance in the last 400 years.

I know facts are racist, but I have a hard time telling lies.

You claimed that the 10-lambda rule 'violated' Born Approximation. I asked you how. It does not matter if I am a 'high school drop-out' or not. I showed you a paper written by three Chinese engineers who disagreed with you. For the benefits of the readers, you who claimed to be a physics professor could do the readers a great favor and explain this scientific breakthrough that contradicts working professionals. Or are we looking at 'Chinese physics' here? :lol:

Stop lying in public though you’ve been habituated to that. :tdown:

I asked you why 10 lambda not 7 to test you basic concept of physics, and obviously you are hopelessly lacking it, much less to understand Born Approximation that I have worked for years. So please leave a laughing stock after another for the whole world to view.

Keep having fun... :lol:

I asked you why 10 lambda not 7 to test you basic concept of physics, and obviously you are hopelessly lacking it, much less to understand Born Approximation that I have worked for years. So please leave a laughing stock after another for the whole world to view.

No...The 10-lambda rule simply states that IF the diameter (sphere or cylinder) is 10 times greater than wavelength, the creeping wave behavior will NOT occur. Any less and that behavior will occur, or if the ratio is near 10, we may have erratic oscillation from the diameter due to the incomplete travel of the creeping wave around the structure.

So if you knew what the 10-lambda rule was all about, you would not have posed that patently stupid question. If the ratio is 7, the creeping wave behavior would be incomplete and would not contribute to the diameter's RCS. If the ratio is 5 or 2, it would mean the same thing.

Born Approximation is used in radar imaging, such as to portray a complex body with multi-point scatterers, either singly or in clusters, to produce this visual representation...

airliner_rcs_02.jpg

...Is common.

Then when it comes to diameters, such as that on a gun, we have these fine examples of the 10-lambda rule in effect...

Synthetic Aperture Radar Applications -- Sandia National Laboratories
http://www.sandia.gov/radar/images/lynx_m47.jpg
http://www.sandia.gov/radar/images/tanks_optical.jpg

We can even make out the distinct gun barrels, and we did in many experiments, if the ratio matched.

It is no different than if the goal is to simply calculate its radar cross section (RCS) instead of producing a radar image in the manner of a photo (optic) image. For complex bodies that inevitably have multi-point scatterers that will and will not be in radar view, radar bombardment must be persistent and in diverse perspectives to capture as much of these scatterers as possible, whereas with simple RCS calculation, if the transmission pulse characteristics are sophisticated enough, a single burst can achieve what we want.

For a complex structure like a jet engine that have high quantity of and hidden internal multi-point scatterers and unpredictable field interactions from the same, Born Approximation of any type of structure is no good for radar imaging but sufficient for simple RCS value calculation simply because we do not care how the target appears to the human mind but only if scatterers and their fields are strong enough to trespass a certain threshold. So for a jet fighter, the EM field that is indicative of a jet engine, that is a composite of many scatterers, does not need to be represented in the precise physical location on the aircraft itself. All we want to know is if that EM field is strong enough and is sufficiently in the same cluster as the other structures.

That is why in the above graph, we see two spikes that hinted at a general locations of two jet engine pods but even though the starboard field strength (spike) seems to hint that the starboard engine may be located elsewhere away from the aircraft, it is still sufficiently close enough that the RCS calculator will classify it as a contributor to the aircraft's total RCS.

Born Approximation is in play at every stage, whether the structure is a true diameter, an ogive, or even a curvature on a larger structure. As long as there is a curvature for the surface wave behavior to form, the potential for the 10-lambda rule is available.

I do not need to know the finer mathematical points of Born Approximation calculations. That is what I have 'people' for when I was in aviation. But I know enough of its function and utility to say that if you declare the 10-lambda rule violated Born Approximation...

YOU ARE WRONG...!!!

Do not try to weasel out of that now by claiming that you were 'testing' me. If -- and it is a big if -- you are a physics professor, you can throw out all kinds of arcane math and it still would not matter one whit.

You did not know what the 10-lambda rule is. And if you did not know it, your claim to be a physics professor is completely in jeopardy because it is simply unthinkable that anyone working or instructing in physics would be ignorant of it.

You declared the 10-lambda rule violated Born Approximation. So here is a paper, by Chinese at that, attesting otherwise...

radar_creeping_wave_yan-xu.jpg

Senors Jinkui Yan, Changlong Xu, and Deming Xu of Shanghai University said: 'When the geometric dimension of an object is large enough (>10λ)...' So that mean they used it -- the 10-lambda rule -- in either their professional work or research.

YOU said the rule violated Born Approximation.

That mean everything Sandia Labs and Shanghai U. did should now be tossed out the window.

Please provide the readers with a link to your papers explaining how. We want to see it peer reviewed and acknowledgement that you are correct. This would undoubtedly make 'Chinese physics' indisputable. :lol:

The language in this post is completely inconsistent with older posts under this forum handle.

If I was to to make this post conform to the level of English sophistication befitting a physics professor, it would be:

'I asked you why 10 lambda and not 7 to test your (you) basic knowledge (concept) of physics...'

This is why I have always suspected that either there are multiple individuals using your account or that you are not who you claimed to be -- a physics professor -- and simply copied/pasted in from other technical sources.

A good shield simply encourages development of better spear.

US Army and USAF intercept cruise missile for first time with JLENS-guided AMRAAM

@HongWu

Read more: http://www.****************/us-army...with-jlens-guided-amraam-48707/#ixzz2bmq6zF6y

The U.S. Army and U.S. Air Force intercepted for the first time an anti-ship cruise missile surrogate using Raytheon’s Advanced Medium Range Air-to-Air Missile (AMRAAM) cued by JLENS. An affordable, elevated, persistent over-the-horizon sensor system, JLENS uses a powerful integrated radar system to detect, track and target a variety of threats.

“Integrating JLENS’ precision detection and targeting information with the combat-proven AMRAAM gives our military a new way to defend the fleet and our allies from anti-ship cruise missiles that threaten vital waterways and critical chokepoints,” said Dave Gulla, vice president of Global Integrated Sensors for Raytheon’s Integrated Defense Systems business.

During the July 17 test, the Army’s JLENS acquired and tracked an anti-ship cruise missile surrogate and passed targeting data to an Air Force F-15E via Link 16, enabling the fighter pilot to fire an AIM-120C7 AMRAAM, culminating in the weapon intercepting the target, meeting all test objectives.

“JLENS has proven it can defend and extend the battlespace by integrating with Patriot, Standard Missile-6, and now AMRAAM,” said Dean Barten, the U.S. Army’s JLENS product manager. “This test enhances the cruise missile defense umbrella, and when this capability is deployed, it will help save lives.”

“Integrating AMRAAM with JLENS enables the world’s most capable air-to-air missile to engage targets at the weapon’s maximum kinematic range,” said Harry Schulte, vice president of Raytheon Missile Systems’ Air Warfare Systems.

“This test further demonstrates AMRAAM’s operational flexibility and provides today’s warfighter with enhanced operational capability, cost effectiveness and future growth solutions.”
JLENS

JLENS consists of an integrated surveillance and fire-control radar on two tethered, 74-meter aerostats, which fly at altitudes of 10,000 feet above sea level and remain aloft and operational for 30 days.

This capability better enables commanders to defend against threats including hostile cruise missiles, low-flying manned and unmanned aircraft, and moving surface vehicles such as boats, mobile missile launchers, automobiles, trucks and tanks. JLENS also provides ascent phase detection of tactical ballistic missiles and large-caliber rockets.

AMRAAM
AMRAAM is a combat-proven missile that has demonstrated operational flexibility in both air-to-air and surface-launch engagement scenarios and provides today’s warfighter with enhanced operational capability, cost effectiveness and future growth options and solutions.
Procured by 36 countries, the combat-proven AMRAAM has been operational and integrated on the F-16, F-15, F/A-18, F-22, Typhoon, Gripen, Tornado, Harrier and F-4, and integration is ongoing in the Joint Strike Fighter aircraft.

Read more: http://www.****************/us-army...with-jlens-guided-amraam-48707/#ixzz2bmq6zF6y

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom