What's new

US and its defence equipment not reliable: defence production minister

If US equipment fails in our time of need, it will be extremely detrimental to the reliability of other equipment for other potential buyers..
The circumstances during which our failed is completely different than of other buyers. Remember during Gulf War, SAMs provided by France to Iraq failed as French had provided codes to the allies. That did not stopped other buyers from buying French equipment now did it.

During Mushy's era Pak ordered 36 J10 Fighter jets, if PAF
went ahead with it we could be ordering J10c's today and at the
same time phasing out the F16's.

What if they sanction you during war and deny your spare parts, ammo?
That's why I said "best available and the more suitable"
My point was...to not buy blindly just because a friend have it... as a General point of view.
And I'm not saying that J10 is not good..; it's a capable aircraft, that rival other "western" ones...
As for ammo/missiles and such... well...even with firends you have no guarantees... the only way is to make them yourselfs.

The F-16s will work in the east- just don’t expect them to work as well against anything flying from Bagram.

As for unreliability, that has to do with issues concerning go-codes needed for the block-52s GPS and encrypt keys for the have quicks. They wont work against anything from Bagram.

Then there are the MaxxPros.. less said the better.

The minister cries alligator tears since many of these “non working” equipments come from deep rooted corrupt middle men and serving officers who continue to ply and push US or other semi-working equipment because either they or their relatives have the principal agency from
The US manufacturer and charge exorbitant prices(say 100-200% markups are normal which includes bribes of Fatima ka Bhai) to the military and by inference the Pakistani state.

To paraphrase Umer Sharif.. it probably has to do with the banknotes.
The Indian banknote has Gandhi with this stick and a somber face.. almost saying “kharch kiya tu danda maroon ga”..

While we have Quaid e Azam smiling and almost saying “Khao beta Khao, loot kar khai ye mulk tumhare khane ke liye bana hai”
@MastanKhan

That's why I said "best available and the more suitable"
My point was...to not buy blindly just because a friend have it... as a General point of view.
And I'm not saying that J10 is not good..; it's a capable aircraft, that rival other "western" ones...
As for ammo/missiles and such... well...even with firends you have no guarantees... the only way is to make them yourselfs.

"Regardless of Ties or friendship or Enemies..." on this i disagree..

No you cant aviod these things when dealing. Even if your reliable friends have something closer you should buy it instead of better from enemy or countries whom you cant trust..

I agree with rest, our Policy makers only try to build stuff locally when they are sanctioned or cant buy it from other countries like missiles or nukes, its better to have our own then buying..

What if they sanction you during war and deny your spare parts, ammo?
Agreed with you. We should have never gotten F-16s in the first place.

This was bullshit.

It made sense 20 years ago. Now the times have changed.

We should go with Chinese now and do joint ventures with them.

The F-16s will work in the east- just don’t expect them to work as well against anything flying from Bagram.
But the J-10 would had work well in both East and the West. Having said that thankfully these are the last of the Solas that we are going to see till project AZM starts taking shape.

But the J-10 would had work well in both East and the West. Having said that thankfully these are the last of the Solas that we are going to see till project AZM starts taking shape.
The J-10 was lost to Asif Zardari stealing a few billion.. take it up with him.

US and its defence equipment not reliable: defence production minister
:sarcastic::sarcastic::sarcastic::yahoo::yahoo:
Maybe the U.S isn't reliable as an ally from Pakistani way of view.
But surely the equipment is.
it's not a matter of opinion but a fact.

Back
Top Bottom