What's new

US and China envisage working together in South Asia, and India is angry...

Speeder

BANNED
Reaction score

New Delhi: Angered by US President Barack Obama’s attempt to envisage a role for China in South Asia, India on Wednesday made it clear that it objects any move to give a wider footprint to China in the region.

The Ministry of External Affairs said that it had objections to Obama giving China a greater role in South Asian affairs, adding a third country’s role cannot be envisaged in the bilateral relationships between countries of the region.

The MEA further said a role for a third country in the region was not necessary and India was committed to resolving all issues with Pakistan bilaterally.

The US and China had yesterday voiced support for the improvement in Indo-Pak ties and their readiness to promote peace and stability in the region.

A joint statement issued at the conclusion of Obama's talks with his Chinese counterpart Hu Jintao in Beijing listed the situation in South Asia among regional and global challenges.

The two countries “support the efforts of Afghanistan and Pakistan to fight terrorism, maintain domestic stability and achieve sustainable economic and social development, and support the improvement and growth of relations between India and Pakistan”, the joint statement said.

“The two sides are ready to strengthen communication, dialogue and cooperation on issues related to South Asia and work together to promote peace, stability and development in that region,” it added. :smitten:

The US Ambassador to India, Timothy J Roemer today avoided responding to queries on the US-China joint statement, saying he had yet to take a close look at it. :hitwall:

China not needed in South Asia, angry India tells US

What role could that be ? :P

:china::pakistan::usflag:

With all due respect to China, we weathered the US and the Pakistani pressure for the US to intervene, do you think China will succeed especially with the animosity it has with India. Further, the US has gotten back with Burns and a few others to clarify that when they meant South Asia , they meant Pakistan /Afghanistan and not India. US will certainly not jeapordise the relations with Indai, if at all I can say anything, it is this , with Chinas rapid rise in the international arena, the US is gonna get more cozy with India, and give India a lot , lot more in terms of military to counter China. BTW, not all military deals are open to the media and public.

With all due respect to China, we weathered the US and the Pakistani pressure for the US to intervene, do you think China will succeed especially with the animosity it has with India. Further, the US has gotten back with Burns and a few others to clarify that when they meant South Asia , they meant Pakistan /Afghanistan and not India. US will certainly not jeapordise the relations with Indai, if at all I can say anything, it is this , with Chinas rapid rise in the international arena, the US is gonna get more cozy with India, and give India a lot , lot more in terms of military to counter China. BTW, not all military deals are open to the media and public.

Your proof with links please? OP had one, you should too so the rest of us can believe your thesis.

Your proof with links please? OP had one, you should too so the rest of us can believe your thesis.

Never mind brother, he will just make up a story about his Chinese

friend came over to his place and told him some "Big Secrets"

No Links needed, he always like to shoot trash without any facts to

back up, thats call New Vision, i guess! :china::cheers::china:

Never mind brother, he will just make up a story about his Chinese

friend came over to his place and told him some "Big Secrets"

No Links needed, he always like to shoot trash without any facts to

back up, thats call New Vision, i guess! :china::cheers::china:

US-China ties not at India's expense, says Washington - US - World - The Times of India

US official pacifies "outraged" India over Obama-Hu joint statement - Yahoo! India News

Burns who is the No.3 official in the State Department, said on Wednesday that Sino-US ties would not be at India's expense adding the reference in the joint US-China statement with regard to common international concerns was a straight forward expression that Washington looks to Beijing as well as to New Delhi to contribute to the stability in Afghanistan.

"United States is interested in pursuing the best and healthiest possible partnership with China; but that does not come at the expense of other increasingly important partnership, particularly our relationship with India," said the US Under Secretary of State (Political Affairs).

Burns' remarks have been echoed by Robert Blake, the Assistant Secretary of State for South Asia, who also suggested that the US-China joint statement related more to concerns about the ****** region.

Current and former US officials suggest the mention of India and Pakistan did not mean the US believed China has any locus standi as an interlocutor and Washington was as keen to discuss regional issues with India as much as with China.

first let me laugh :rofl: wy-this are the same people who cursed USA for various reasons u know i need not mention it again and now happy with usa

but to be factual india is not angry --wat it wants is china can be boss but stay way from indian and pak issues got it- u be boss but stay away from indian affairs :smokin:

US-China ties not at India's expense, says Washington - US - World - The Times of India

US official pacifies "outraged" India over Obama-Hu joint statement - Yahoo! India News

Burns who is the No.3 official in the State Department, said on Wednesday that Sino-US ties would not be at India's expense adding the reference in the joint US-China statement with regard to common international concerns was a straight forward expression that Washington looks to Beijing as well as to New Delhi to contribute to the stability in Afghanistan.

"United States is interested in pursuing the best and healthiest possible partnership with China; but that does not come at the expense of other increasingly important partnership, particularly our relationship with India," said the US Under Secretary of State (Political Affairs).

Burns' remarks have been echoed by Robert Blake, the Assistant Secretary of State for South Asia, who also suggested that the US-China joint statement related more to concerns about the ****** region.

Current and former US officials suggest the mention of India and Pakistan did not mean the US believed China has any locus standi as an interlocutor and Washington was as keen to discuss regional issues with India as much as with China.

seiko buddy, thanks for the informations, but whats bothering us are

about the so called secret military deals new vision mentioned in his

post. Do you think he should shoot out something like that without

LINKs to back up ? please check out all his posts, how many times he

post any LINKS. :cheers::china:

seiko buddy, thanks for the informations, but whats bothering us are

about the so called secret military deals new vision mentioned in his

post. Do you think he should shoot out something like that without

LINKs to back up ? please check out all his posts, how many times he

post any LINKS. :cheers::china:

Correct me if I am wrong..I always think that US new found love to India is to contain China and raise India as a counter weight to China's threat..If you agree with me in it can you ruled out a secret military deal between these countries??It may not be selling of weapons to us but can be a joint task force of secret agencies to explore the chinks in China's Armour...just a hunch nothing serious :cheers:

Last edited:
Correct me if I am wrong..I always think the US new found love to India is to contain China and raise India as a counter weight to China's threat..If you agree with me in it can you ruled out a secret military deal between these countries??It may not be selling of weapons to us but can be a joint task force of secret agencies to explore the chinks in China's Armour...just a hunch nothing serious :cheers:

Agreed for the most part of your post, but as for proper debate, if

all of us using the term of, may be, possibility, secrets..., whats the

points to carry on a healthy discussion ?

HaHaHa, buddy, you almost caught me by surprise when i read the

sensitive word "chi@ks, but i know whats the whole sentence means.

:cheers::china:

Here is an interesing development:

After ruffling feathers in Delhi with a reference to Indo-Pak ties, the US today sought to pacify India, saying it has to decide with Pakistan the substance, scope and pace of their relationship.

“We’ve always said, in terms of Indo-Pakistan relations, that’s really up to India and Pakistan to decide how and when and the scope of that,” Assistant Secretary of State for South and Central Asia, Robert Blake, told reporters here.

“We have very important relations with China. But we have equally important relations with India. And I think that will come out very clearly during the course of the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s visit next week,” he said.

Meanwhile, China also tried to pacify India today on a controversial reference in the Sino-US joint statement, saying that it was not trying to meddle in Indo-Pak ties.

Responding to a question on what China thought was its role in the India-Pakistan relationship, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Qin Gang tried to downplay the significance of the Sino-US joint statement and said Beijing hopes for “gradual improvement” in Indo-Pak ties.

US, China try to pacify India

Agreed for the most part of your post, but as for proper debate, if

all of us using the term of, may be, possibility, secrets..., whats the

points to carry on a healthy discussion ?

HaHaHa, buddy, you almost caught me by surprise when i read the

sensitive word "chi@ks, but i know whats the whole sentence means.

:cheers::china:

Yes i agreed for healthy discussion lets kept aside the rumors ..Lolz I was afraid when i wrote that word that some one will take it offensive i meant it as a crack in Chinese Armour ..I hope I didn't offend you? :cheers:

you still think of usa giving you more and more things?? dont you have independent diplomatic stance and policy?? how can you india match up china with your own strength in the future?? is india a true power comparable to russia, us, china, etc??

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom