What's new

US 7th Fleet Commander is coming to Bangladesh in August 2013

he comes there to distables the region the Yak are never done any thing good in there full history

What? Do you guys think the Russian training plane YAK-130 is no good plane for training? Why do you think so?

Looks like they want to Gift some ships to BD

On Topic
NEVER TRUST THE US

Firstly, I doubt that BD reaching some kind of a naval / security pact with US is likely to ruffle feathers of the indian establishment. In The short to mid-term future, US is likely to partner India. So, any security arrangement with the US, at the expense of the Chinese - will only help reassure the Indian defence planners.

Secondly, are you sure BD is not the center of the universe?

Selling weapons to BD?! What kind of strategic-financial boost can BD provide with a defence budget of USD 2.3 billion?! The numbers don't back your claim of over-eager westerners flocking to Dhaka.

And did you just claim that BD CONTROLS sea routes between ASEAN and India? Firstly, the strategic relevance of BD itself could be debated, given the presence of all three arms of Indian defence forces in the Andamans. Secondly, does BD have the wares to back claims of wresting control of the sea lanes from India?

And since when did BIMSTEC become the key to "Indian prosperity"? Besides, its a multilateral forum. Why do expect BD to enjoy a free hand?

BD has got a few things right and looks to be on right path of growth and development. But to imagine BD as the "focal point of Asia and the world" is pushing it a little too far.

The defense/security relationship between Bangladesh and the United States will go far as it needs to go.
http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangladesh-defence/176188-bangladesh-key-player-maintaining-security-bay-bengal-us.html

http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangladesh-defence/177651-great-game-comes-bangladesh.html

It typically revolved around the security of BoB, particularly against pirates (a big thorn for all of us). And of-course, UN peacekeeping in parts of the world.

It is highly unlikely that the US would never provide Bangladesh with hi-tech equipment like fully loaded F-16 E/F's or F-35's under the current dialogue. Even if it had the money.

India and Myanmar are different matters.

Additionally, I really doubt if India would get into a security pact with the US even if the US desire it to.

Or in other words: India will exert its influence in the region on its own terms, and no one else's.

The defense/security relationship between Bangladesh and the United States will go far as it needs to go.
http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangladesh-defence/176188-bangladesh-key-player-maintaining-security-bay-bengal-us.html

http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangladesh-defence/177651-great-game-comes-bangladesh.html

It typically revolved around the security of BoB, particularly against pirates (a big thorn for all of us). And of-course, UN peacekeeping in parts of the world.

It is highly unlikely that the US would never provide Bangladesh with hi-tech equipment like fully loaded F-16 E/F's or F-35's under the current dialogue. Even if it had the money.

India and Myanmar are different matters.

Additionally, I really doubt if India would get into a security pact with the US even if the US desire it to.

Or in other words: India will exert its influence in the region on its own terms, and no one else's.

No the important point is that India will never let US get a considerable foothold in BD, since IN's Eastern Command Headquarters is not faraway from BD in Vishakhapatnam. India has already planned to base INS Arihant & other nuclear subs along with INs priced Acquisition - INS Chakra there. A High US naval presence in BD can be a real threat to IN's Eastern Command. I wonder with current relationship with India of utmost importance to US, it would anyway want to anger the Indians.

US-BD pacts are only in the stage of talks, let's see if they fructify.

Whats your view??

No the important point is that India will never let US get a considerable foothold in BD, since IN's Eastern Command Headquarters is not faraway from BD in Vishakhapatnam. India has already planned to base INS Arihant & other nuclear subs along with INs priced Asset - INS Vikramaditya there. A High US naval presence in BD can be a real threat to IN's Eastern Command. I wonder with current relationship with India of utmost importance to US, it would anyway want to anger the Indians.
really?Are you trying to scare US navy with that? :lol:

I am not saying that US would be scared from these ships, but it's the other way round, pls read my post.

"India will never let US get a considerable foothold in BD, since IN's Eastern Command Headquarters is not faraway from BD in Vishakhapatnam"
as much as i respect the strength of IN, that is impossible if a pact does happen which won't happen anyway.

No the important point is that India will never let US get a considerable foothold in BD, since IN's Eastern Command Headquarters is not faraway from BD in Vishakhapatnam. India has already planned to base INS Arihant & other nuclear subs along with INs priced Acquisition - INS Chakra there. A High US naval presence in BD can be a real threat to IN's Eastern Command. I wonder with current relationship with India of utmost importance to US, it would anyway want to anger the Indians.

Maybe I'm sounding like a noob, but but don't you think for those kind of activities, they can use satellites, aircraft and drones?

What if any significant advantage would having a strong presence in BD give the US? And so close to China?

Their carrier groups are enough to obliterate any opposing fool.

No one knows in public as to the exact details of America's SOFA proposal to Bangladesh anyways.

US-BD pacts are only in the stage of talks, let's see if they fructify.

Whats your view??

Let's just say that it is best for a country like BD to keep a low profile on such matters for now.

This country has way too many loopholes when it comes to security. And that under a dangerously unstable leadership and a volatile political environment that can catch fire very easily.

This is all for the long term. And not anytime soon. At least under BD's current leadership axis filled with illiterates.

Looks like they want to Gift some ships to BD

On Topic
NEVER TRUST THE US

Well we got influence of all 3 Global powers ie: Russia, China and USA right now so we are inclined to none therefore US won't have much of a chance here, we are pretty much equal in treating all of them but the friendship with Chinese ultimately is probably our future and the one i prefer.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom