What's new

US $ 1 billion project to rebuild India and world's oldest uni

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before the name change to Taxila, the university was already destroyed by the Huns.

stop fighting for english name u ppl. Name was (तक्षशिला). Which is a Sanskrit word. And it's still get called same in Hindi and Sanskrit.

University is being built in RAJGIR. He has and is giving so many projects in rajgir. Most of us vote nitish too. But these days e is being pain in the *** for ppl thr cause Nitish goes to RAJGIR almost every week and his security protocols are u know what I mean. Making us kidds not happy.

Dude, he can't change Nalanda from where it is right? WHere else can you build Nalanda university?

LOL i know what it says u charlie chappati.

but just 800 years dont make it oldest university.

You can't possibly be this thick mate! :cheesy:

It says reborn after 800 years. Reborn since its death 800 years, it was burnt to ground by uncouth islamic barbarians in 1193. It was established in 5th century AD.

Hope I have made it clear enough now. With such cognitive skills am worried about you brah, get yourself enrolled in the nearest school ASAP.

Barbarian primitive mind is burning ones wife cause its mandated by religion, Barbarian primitive mind is calling another human being untouchable.Barbarian Primitive mind is having class based society where higher class Hindus refuse to drink from the glass touched by untouchable.

This was a religious learning center of specific sect and not a university number of subjects were of the Buddhist tradition. Second it was destroyed during a war obviously people inside were using this as a fort.

I can get back with stuff you won't appreciate. ;)

For your own safety, let me restrain myself.

It was a great university which the primitive barbaric fi.lthy uncivilized nomadic illiterate invaders destroyed and killed the students and faculty in the worst possible manner.

That fil.th is now rotting in hell and the university is going to stand tall again.

Another defeat to the barbaric uncivilized primitives in the end.

Dharma and righteousness with win in the end.

Always.

Discuss Taxila somewhere else...keep posts on topic.

Whoever you are i don't give a f****** Sh!t. Just respect other members and behave like humans. First it was your fellow countryman who insult him, then it's normal if he attack you back. I hope you understand.

What r u doing?

Bahns k agy been baja raha ha:rofl:

These indian come into our forums n destroy them. I wonder why MODs still allow them.

Lanka interest in Nalanda

RADHIKA RAMASESHAN

Phnom Penh, Nov. 20: Sri Lanka has become the latest country to evince interest in engaging with the process o set up Nalanda University in Bihar.

Addressing the media following a bilateral meeting between Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Chinese premier Wen Jiabao here yesterday, foreign secretary Ranjan Mathai said the two leaders reviewed the ongoing status of the university.

Earlier, China had evinced interest in the university and donated $1billion for its reconstruction.

Mathai said: “A number of universities have expressed interest in collaborating with us. The main task of developing the university is, of course, with us in India. There is an officer in the external affairs ministry who specifically deals with Nalanda. There is foreign participation from China, Singapore, Japan and Cambodia. Several countries, including Sri Lanka, have expressed interest in the university.”

Political observers, however, fear that it might be “difficult” for India to get Sri Lanka on board the project because of the troubled ethnic relations involving the Sinhalas and the Tamils of the island.

Politicians in Tamil Nadu had expressed resentment when Sri Lanka Mahinda Rajapakse recently visited the Sanchi stupa in Madhya Pradesh. MDMK leader Vaiko had taken a dig at the BJP for not asking its Madhya Pradesh chief minister to cancel Rajapakse’s trip.

LOL mind your language this is a pakistani forum.
Yr OP claims that its the oldest university so provide source for it!!!!!!

They are what they are. Why you getting so defensive about some central asian marauders. :undecided: On one hand you go around claiming Takhsashila and at the same time you take side of the people who destroyed such centers of educational excellence in the sub continent. Make up your mind!

No doubt the ruins of Takshashila predates Nalanda, but Takhshahila was never a university.

Here's UNESCO's page on Takshashila. Not even a mention of the word university,

Taxila - UNESCO World Heritage Centre

And here's UNESCO's page on Nalanda.

Excavated Remains at Nalanda - UNESCO World Heritage Centre

Nalanda is one of the most ancient international centers of education and learning equivalent to modern universities, with a very rich library. An inscribed seal written "Sri-Nalandamahavihariy-Arya-Bhikshu-Sanghasya" identifies the site as Nalanda Mahavihara.

Nalanda has a very ancient history and goes back to the days of Mahavira and Buddha in sixth and fifth centuries B.C. Many references in the Pâli Buddhist literature mention about Nâlandâ. It is said that in course of his journeys Buddha often halted at this place. It is also the place of birth and nirvana of Sariputra, one of the famous disciples of Buddha.

ah leave it.... just remembered pig and the mud wrestling thought.

peace

Any idea what the completion date for the project will be ?

It should become a joint project of all Dharmic countries. We should have Sri Lanka, Japan, Thailand, China, Indonesia, Combodia, Vietnam.....

Any Dharmic country that is interested in restoring the great university and reviving the Dharmic greatness...

You can't possibly be this thick mate! :cheesy:

It says reborn after 800 years. Reborn since its death 800 years, it was burnt to ground by uncouth islamic barbarians in 1193. It was established in 5th century AD.

Hope I have made it clear enough now. With such cognitive skills am worried about you brah, get yourself enrolled in the nearest school ASAP.

He does not understand this because his religion does not have a concept of rebirth .. :lol:

OT : I sincerely hope Nalanda and Vikramshila are started again. I hope to see both of these " Vishwavidyalaya " functioning in my lifetime

What r u doing?

Bahns k agy been baja raha ha:rofl:

These indian come into our forums n destroy them. I wonder why MODs still allow them.

Here have a beer :cheers: and chillax. The news of this university being rebuilt seems to bother you. Relax. Someday, who knows...your kid could be a graduate at that university :cheers:

Lol Taxi La
Either its a french name or someone is looking for a Taxi.

Taxila is known from references in Indian and Greco-Roman literary sources and from the accounts of two Chinese Buddhist pilgrims, Faxian and Xuanzang. Literally meaning “City of Cut Stone” (rendered by Greek writers as Taxila).

But its amusing that for this Brain less childish post you are being thanked by the guy who call himself --,-'{@

They are what they are. Why you getting so defensive about some central asian marauders. :undecided: On one hand you go around claiming Takhsashila and at the same time you take side of the people who destroyed such centers of educational excellence in the sub continent. Make up your mind!

No doubt the ruins of Takshashila predates Nalanda, but Takhshahila was never a university.
LOL Kiddo If u dont know Muslim history then dont even bother to comment on our ancestors.

Yr Aryas r came From CA n ME.
ME is a place from where world's first civilization had emerged.

The name is taxila not what your claiming of.
This place is Pakistani n part of the Civilization of Pakistan that is not appreciated in yr country as it tries to buy eveything in SA by changing the historical facts.

This is the reality live with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom