What's new

Upset over cricket loss, Australian athletes vandalise Village

This news seems like a load of BS. People in developed countries don't take losses personally, especially sportsmen themselves. They like to have a good time at games, and applaud good sportsmen, no matter which side they play for. I can only believe this if they were on weed or something, but then drugs are not something athletes risk during a competition.

This news seems like a load of BS. People in developed countries don't take losses personally, especially sportsmen themselves. They like to have a good time at games, and applaud good sportsmen, no matter which side they play for. I can only believe this if they were on weed or something, but then drugs are not something athletes risk during a competition.

Check the news updates. The episode had nothing to do with Cricket or Tendulkar. It was a celebration on Wednesday night, people probably got drunk and carried away, then chucked some thing through a window or whatever. It was a case of wild and unruly behaviour. The Aussies are going to be billed for it and have agreed to pay. Officially the matter is closed.

When alocohol is present anything is possible. I went to a Florida State University fraternity conference years ago. Girls and guys went for a swim in the hotel pool when the temperature was about 25 F or -4 C.

Drunk people do silly stuff !!

Australia has expressed regret over vandalism incident: Bhanot
New Delhi, Oct 15, PTI:

After vehemently denying their involvement, Australia has finally expressed ''regret'' for the alleged involvement of its athletes in damaging property at the Commonwealth Games Village and agreed to pay for it, the CWG Organising Committee said today.

Reports said some Australian athletes went on rampage at Games Village out of frustration following India's 2-0 cricket Test series win, which apparently led to an Aussie athlete being sent home for disciplinary reasons.

The reports said the Australians also raised slogans against Indian batting icon Sachin Tendulkar, who played a pivotal role in India's victory.

Organising Committee Secretary General Lalit Bhanot told PTI that Australian chef-de-mission Steve Moneghetti has expressed "regret" over the incident and agreed to pay the damage.

"They have regretted the incident and agreed to pay for the damages. We have no further comment to make," Bhanot said.

Bhanot's statement contradicts the Australian High Commission's stand that the reports are "fantasy" and "baseless".

"It is factually wrong, insulting to Australia's athletes and can only be described as a fantasy," an Australian High Commission statement said here.

However, Delhi Police confirmed that a washing machine was thrown from the eighth floor of a residential block housing Australians.

Australian Commonwealth Games Association chief Perry Crosswhite confirmed that an Aussie athlete has indeed been sent home from Delhi for disciplinary reasons.

Crosswhite, however, said he would be surprised if an Aussie is found involved in hooliganism and said athletes from other countries, who were in the Australian building at the time of the incident, could be responsible.

Aus has expressed regret over vandalism incident: Bhanot

The aussie athletes already said they didn't throw any washing machine. It's just another attempt by the Indian media to target Australia with bad news.

The aussie athletes already said they didn't throw any washing machine. It's just another attempt by the Indian media to target Australia with bad news.

What about the reports that came in Aussie media??? Infact indian media picked this up from there..

Are they bad news too?? :pop:

Australia has expressed regret over vandalism incident: Bhanot
New Delhi, Oct 15, PTI:

After vehemently denying their involvement, Australia has finally expressed ''regret'' for the alleged involvement of its athletes in damaging property at the Commonwealth Games Village and agreed to pay for it, the CWG Organising Committee said today.

Reports said some Australian athletes went on rampage at Games Village out of frustration following India's 2-0 cricket Test series win, which apparently led to an Aussie athlete being sent home for disciplinary reasons.

The reports said the Australians also raised slogans against Indian batting icon Sachin Tendulkar, who played a pivotal role in India's victory.

Organising Committee Secretary General Lalit Bhanot told PTI that Australian chef-de-mission Steve Moneghetti has expressed "regret" over the incident and agreed to pay the damage.

"They have regretted the incident and agreed to pay for the damages. We have no further comment to make," Bhanot said.

Bhanot's statement contradicts the Australian High Commission's stand that the reports are "fantasy" and "baseless".

"It is factually wrong, insulting to Australia's athletes and can only be described as a fantasy," an Australian High Commission statement said here.

However, Delhi Police confirmed that a washing machine was thrown from the eighth floor of a residential block housing Australians.

Australian Commonwealth Games Association chief Perry Crosswhite confirmed that an Aussie athlete has indeed been sent home from Delhi for disciplinary reasons.

Crosswhite, however, said he would be surprised if an Aussie is found involved in hooliganism and said athletes from other countries, who were in the Australian building at the time of the incident, could be responsible.

Aus has expressed regret over vandalism incident: Bhanot

I don't believe this news article, as the guy was just on tv here saying no aussies were involved in throwing washing machines etc, yet heres an indian media article saying differently.

Knowing Indian medias track record, i would say they are lying.

Also this is what the Australian high comission said.

What about the reports that came in Aussie media??? Infact indian media picked this up from there..

Are they bad news too?? :pop:

The Australian media are just reporting the allegations made against the athletes, where as the Indian media is saying the aussie athletes did it, which is very bad reporting as they have no evidence.

Indian Media is biased and often makes up stories or reports things with no evidence whatsoever.

The Australian media are just reporting the allegations made against the athletes, where as the Indian media is saying the aussie athletes did it, which is very bad reporting as they have no evidence.

Indian Media is biased and often makes up stories or reports things with no evidence whatsoever.

Then why Mr,Steve Moneghetti has expressed "regret" over the incident and agreed to pay the damage. :pop:

I really dont know to what extent Indian claims are true but it is silly and laughable for sure when someone mentioned that a Washing Machine was thrown from balcony by Aussie players :angel:

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

Then why Mr,Steve Moneghetti has expressed "regret" over the incident and agreed to pay the damage. :pop:

wasnt it about the late night party :undecided:

I really dont know to what extent Indian claims are true but it is silly and laughable for sure when someone mentioned that a Washing Machine was thrown from balcony by Aussie players :angel:

Then simply laugh.. Would u laugh if it has happened in ur country too?
Or just pass it as "hey its just a washing machine"... games is over.. no more clothes to wash.. Its a piece of junk now. :lol:

Steve expressed his regrets on behalf of people who do not exist and for damage that did not occur ???
Is he looking out to make a "donation" to the OC ?;)

Check the news updates. The episode had nothing to do with Cricket or Tendulkar. It was a celebration on Wednesday night, people probably got drunk and carried away, then chucked some thing through a window or whatever. It was a case of wild and unruly behaviour. The Aussies are going to be billed for it and have agreed to pay. Officially the matter is closed.

Then my mistake. But TOI was wrong to bring in the Tendulkar and cricket angle. And to base their story on the words of some security personnel without verifying the facts was irresponsible.

Now now, don't tell me the media is unbiased in any part of the world. The degree of bias may vary from agency to agency, but you can never deny bias. The Australian media is notorious for the BS they publish when foreign cricket teams tour them. I don't follow any of the other sports your country plays, but I am sure nonsense is prevalent there as well.

Back
Top Bottom