What's new

Upgrading Pakistan’s Special Operations Forces in a cost effective way.

@Reichmarshal - This will be my last post on this thread, but I'll explain to you why we find ourselves here. Post #110 was my effort to pen my thoughts around a simple argument - can we compare our SSG to top Tier SOFs like CAG and Seals. I wrote something, which was clearly open to critique which I accept. But even in that post I wrote this is just an analysis and "hoping not to get hate". A number of people liked it, and a few questions popped up as well from the likes of @Adecypher . That made it a courteous back and forth.

Then you came in on post #113 and put a lot of stuff there. Most I did not agree with. And to be honest I would have let it go. What did erk me and I'll be honest is how you came over the top, with these one liners and almost a bullying approach. You started off saying I should "stop watching Rambo style movies" and that I should "get my head out of where the sun don't shine". You talk about courtesy but that my brother was your first post.

If there is one thing I have realized on forums like these. You never know who sits behind an avatar. So be careful what you say and who you pick a bone with.

Nevertheless I took your post #113 at face value and wrote a detailed response, on why attributing Afghanistan, Sri Lanka, even Pakistan's own COIN ops was not exclusively an SSG won victory, but a result of a number of factors. In this post I even questioned whether I should have written to begin with, because of my concern around members becoming emotional. I also kept my sharper rebuttals away from your personality using comments like "God even average officers in Pakistan's (C) Staff College will laugh at the over sized view of SSG".

@Adecypher had a question that I responded to in Post #118.

Then you came back in your Post #124. First you tell me to stop writing long posts, because you feel like I am lecturing you. Then you say three things: You state that I am demeaning Afghans, which I was perplexed on. Then you talk about "souls", comparing my type of soul and those of the SSG. (I still love a simple Daal / Chaawal). And finally you say something about airpower that I am giving too much credence to it. Which I never did, and agree with your premise.

Now at this point per @JamD I should have left it. That was my mistake. One would find this hard to believe, but I generally respected your thoughts and views. If it was one of our neighbors to the East I would have not even bothered. But I have watched and read your posts of the past and they have some substance occasionally. So I thought I'd take each of @Reichmarshal three points and give him a rebuttal. Hopefully he'll understand where I am coming from.

So I responded with post #126. And yes this was LONG. But I took the opportunity to restate my thesis, trying to stay more or less on point (not questioning where your head is stuck, the movies you watch, the nature of your soul). So generally speaking stated, we should avoid comparing SSG to top Tier, don't attribute all operations as sole domain of SSG prowess, and finally the Sri Lanka Tamil operation was a hard fought multi-tier engagement where other factors had more to do with SL winning than some vaunted SSG led training or action. Now I agree this was the first post where I took a little dig at you. Wondering whether there was a familial connection or some underlying psychological need for hero elevation. I did this gently saying "I too shared this till someone knocked some sense in me", so as not to be too mean. Now I could have said that that knock got set when I was still in my teenage years, but that would have been too harsh.

I did a post #131 which was a response to @iLION12345_1 .
This was followed by a little banter between @Bilal Khan (Quwa) and @JamD

Now you come back with a doozey in post #137. Not sure what happened here - from throwing things at me, like "I contradict myself" to SSG is the spear point.. your exact words "SSG was n is the tip of the spear, always first into a battle, followed by lcb, which are followed by the infantry which is deployed in a holding pattern." And then a bunch of Piffer and Punjab regiment affiliations (which I find fascinating how if you are of South Asian descent, the English allowed your forefathers to raise battalions and in one case the regiment itselfin the 19th century). My response to this was to give thanks to your family's service and then question your ORBAT approach in post #142. I will concede that I was mean in this post when I stated "Please don't say Pakistan Army's spear is SSG. You'll be laughed out of any gathering of serious military people." I will still give you that advice.

Some will argue that the train had gotten off the track earlier on. But I'll say it truly went off when you came back to my post #142 with your clarification on the Orbat for SSG and said "the order of battle I have given above would basically happen when faced with enemy infantry.", and some other nonsense about me grabbing to crumbs etc. The rest is history, and I shared with you in post #144 how complex Orbats can be and SOFs against Infantry is generally not the approach taken.

@Reichmarshal - my brother, I have been on these types of forums for 30+ years. You have no idea what I do and/or have done. Nor is that important to the discourse which essentially in such forums is a battle of thoughts and ideas on the topic at discussion. I never bring my ego into this process (which is so hands off to begin with), and generally speaking I listen from the sidelines and apply my learnings in real life. I also am old enough to realize that we never know who is behind an avatar and to give everyone respect and space to express. And if we disagree let the battle be a battle of ideas not personal digs ruling the day. Finally I have also learned and this is a lesson of life, that the more I learn the less I know. Yes sounds cliche.

This interaction with you does not cloud or reduce my appreciation of the value you bring to this forum.I hope to have more interesting and downstream discussions on other topics, either supporting or opposing each others view. This is my last post on this thread.

:D :tup:

Last edited:
Yaar Bs Larhai Larhai Maaf karo
Allah ka ghar saaf karo

Those who stand with SSG, react with love
Those who don't stand with SSG, react with a like.

In the end, we have our own reasons and perspectives of who's good...

@Reichmarshal - This will be my last post on this thread, but I'll explain to you why we find ourselves here. Post #110 was my effort to pen my thoughts around a simple argument - can we compare our SSG to top Tier SOFs like CAG and Seals. I wrote something, which was clearly open to critique which I accept. But even in that post I wrote this is just an analysis and "hoping not to get hate". A number of people liked it, and a few questions popped up as well from the likes of @Adecypher . That made it a courteous back and forth.

Then you came in on post #113 and put a lot of stuff there. Most I did not agree with. And to be honest I would have let it go. What did erk me and I'll be honest is how you came over the top, with these one liners and almost a bullying approach. You started off saying I should "stop watching Rambo style movies" and that I should "get my head out of where the sun don't shine". You talk about courtesy but that my brother was your first post.

If there is one thing I have realized on forums like these. You never know who sits behind an avatar. So be careful what you say and who you pick a bone with.

Nevertheless I took your post #113 at face value and wrote a detailed response, on why attributing Afghanistan, Sri Lanka, even Pakistan's own COIN ops was not exclusively an SSG won victory, but a result of a number of factors. In this post I even questioned whether I should have written to begin with, because of my concern around members becoming emotional. I also kept my sharper rebuttals away from your personality using comments like "God even average officers in Pakistan's (C) Staff College will laugh at the over sized view of SSG".

@Adecypher had a question that I responded to in Post #118.

Then you came back in your Post #124. First you tell me to stop writing long posts, because you feel like I am lecturing you. Then you say three things: You state that I am demeaning Afghans, which I was perplexed on. Then you talk about "souls", comparing my type of soul and those of the SSG. (I still love a simple Daal / Chaawal). And finally you say something about airpower that I am giving too much credence to it. Which I never did, and agree with your premise.

Now at this point per @JamD I should have left it. That was my mistake. One would find this hard to believe, but I generally respected your thoughts and views. If it was one of our neighbors to the East I would have not even bothered. But I have watched and read your posts of the past and they have some substance occasionally. So I thought I'd take each of @Reichmarshal three points and give him a rebuttal. Hopefully he'll understand where I am coming from.

So I responded with post #126. And yes this was LONG. But I took the opportunity to restate my thesis, trying to stay more or less on point (not questioning where your head is stuck, the movies you watch, the nature of your soul). So generally speaking stated, we should avoid comparing SSG to top Tier, don't attribute all operations as sole domain of SSG prowess, and finally the Sri Lanka Tamil operation was a hard fought multi-tier engagement where other factors had more to do with SL winning than some vaunted SSG led training or action. Now I agree this was the first post where I took a little dig at you. Wondering whether there was a familial connection or some underlying psychological need for hero elevation. I did this gently saying "I too shared this till someone knocked some sense in me", so as not to be too mean. Now I could have said that that knock got set when I was still in my teenage years, but that would have been too harsh.

I did a post #131 which was a response to @iLION12345_1 .
This was followed by a little banter between @Bilal Khan (Quwa) and @JamD

Now you come back with a doozey in post #137. Not sure what happened here - from throwing things at me, like "I contradict myself" to SSG is the spear point.. your exact words "SSG was n is the tip of the spear, always first into a battle, followed by lcb, which are followed by the infantry which is deployed in a holding pattern." And then a bunch of Piffer and Punjab regiment affiliations (which I find fascinating how if you are of South Asian descent, the English allowed your forefathers to raise battalions and in one case the regiment itselfin the 19th century). My response to this was to give thanks to your family's service and then question your ORBAT approach in post #142. I will concede that I was mean in this post when I stated "Please don't say Pakistan Army's spear is SSG. You'll be laughed out of any gathering of serious military people." I will still give you that advice.

Some will argue that the train had gotten off the track earlier on. But I'll say it truly went off when you came back to my post #142 with your clarification on the Orbat for SSG and said "the order of battle I have given above would basically happen when faced with enemy infantry.", and some other nonsense about me grabbing to crumbs etc. The rest is history, and I shared with you in post #144 how complex Orbats can be and SOFs against Infantry is generally not the approach taken.

@Reichmarshal - my brother, I have been on these types of forums for 30+ years. You have no idea what I do and/or have done. Nor is that important to the discourse which essentially in such forums is a battle of thoughts and ideas on the topic at discussion. I never bring my ego into this process (which is so hands off to begin with), and generally speaking I listen from the sidelines and apply my learnings in real life. I also am old enough to realize that we never know who is behind an avatar and to give everyone respect and space to express. And if we disagree let the battle be a battle of ideas not personal digs ruling the day. Finally I have also learned and this is a lesson of life, that the more I learn the less I know. Yes sounds cliche.

This interaction with you does not cloud or reduce my appreciation of the value you bring to this forum.I hope to have more interesting and downstream discussions on other topics, either supporting or opposing each others view. This is my last post on this thread.

The debate ended quite a few posts ago but for some reason u can't seem to fathom it

Probably, might as well be just for testing for now. But they are testing these. Can even share evidence of it. =)
I've also confirmed it. You are right. They have been inducted.
Assalam o Alaikum
Can you share some pics, etc?
If they acquire extended rails and Low powered variable optics or magnifiers they will be huge force multipliers.
SSG should loot some stuff from SSW and SSGN.:-)

Just few makeshift with tape and cord.
It looks all three branches work together but they have trust issues with each other.
u got some pic of those Magpul? does everyone use them cause almost everyone can make his own?

u got some pic of those Magpul? does everyone use them cause almost everyone can make his own?
Not at this moment, you can search on the internet. Almost anyone can make them but it's rare.
1623917604497.png

Bro how effective are these ones? And is this pic from SSG or the internet?
You can be fast at reloads without magpuls if you train regularly. You can suck at reloads with high quality magpuls if you don't train all come down to training.

I took this random picture to show you how it looks like.

SSG picture is not available.

@Metal 0-1 One more question. Can SSG be sufficiently effective with M4A1 carbines or do we need to move on to M4 Commandos or Mk18? In the movie 13 hours, I saw US operators using M4A1 Carbines.
and is there a specific brand or model name for the plate carriers used by SSG right now?

@Metal 0-1 One more question. Can SSG be sufficiently effective with M4A1 carbines or do we need to move on to M4 Commandos or Mk18? In the movie 13 hours, I saw US operators using M4A1 Carbines.
Yes if you spend enough time on range. Shoot from both high ready, low ready, speed reloads recoil management. If you just have your weapon but not ammo. You can still dry fire for target transition weapons transition and reloads.

Again all comes down to training.

SSG already use M4 commandos.

MK-18 CQBR is a variant developed by US Naval Special Warfare. It has short barrel and upper receiver.

If you want to buy perfect variant of M4 go for M4 SOPMOD block II.

US Army SOCOM is now moving to M4s with URGI receivers.

Yes if you spend enough time on range. Shoot from both high ready, low ready, speed reloads recoil management. If you just have your weapon but not ammo. You can still dry fire for target transition weapons transition and reloads.

Again all comes down to training.

SSG already use M4 commandos.

MK-18 CQBR is a variant developed by US Naval Special Warfare. It has short barrel and upper receiver.

If you want to buy perfect variant of M4 go for M4 SOPMOD block II.

US Army SOCOM is now moving to M4s with URGI receivers.
Yup, I know that SSG has M4 Commandos but it is available only to Zarrar I think.
Won't the SOPMOD Block II be expensive
Tier II is using Mk18s I think
And Tier 1 is using Hk416s
Sorry I don't know much stuff but can our M4s be kitted and converted to Block IIs.

Yup, I know that SSG has M4 Commandos but it is available only to Zarrar I think.
Won't the SOPMOD Block II be expensive
Tier II is using Mk18s I think
And Tier 1 is using Hk416s
Sorry I don't know much stuff but can our M4s be kitted and converted to Block IIs.
No it's not true to say M4 commandos are limited to Zarrar.

It doesn't cost that much. Accessories cost more. But it can be reduced too.

Yes Tier 2 use MK-18s and Tier 1 use HK-416s.

Yes they can be converted its just a receiver and rails combo made by Daniel Defense. You can swap out almost any receiver for AR-15 platform.

Block II full length upper.
xl_100025582_2.jpg

Make it a MK-18 or something else
8583d1cc0ff1b8c6ec8ce502b51ba104.jpg

Back
Top Bottom