What's new

Updated statistics: Total number of personnel 678,617!

Bence?
But the most threatening one! come on man, we are talking about a super power which has a rule in every war around the world not a country like Canada.
Guess 1.5 million troops along with high-end technology and world's biggest armed forces budget(by far) is enough to have a word in every conflict in the world :)
You will have, when the GDP is high enough. France and UK enjoy huge navies. South Korea and India, China are emerging blue water navies. You should not only consider current status.
and in that case we'll need less troops? :) and your example, oh boy :D France and UK are a couple of oldest colonialists, we can't even make the decision to invade Syria even though we have the strength to invade two Syrias at a time, maybe even more :) Political determination is important, and sadly Turkey doesn't have the vision for it.
The problem is "the power you are talking about" wont come from the number of personnel in 21th century. That is the technology which fills the gaps.
The power I'm talking about won't come without highly trained manpower in any age, any century.

How many soldiers one should put on borders to do the duty of Gokturk 1 and GÖKTÜRK-3 + incoming MALE and HALE UAVs. By saving money from contracting the quantity, more sources will be available to improve the quality.
PKK isn't about how many troops we station on borders, it's just about making the right timing, going through diplomatic BS with Iraq to bomb insurgent positions in their territory and sending in a commando brigade with sufficient air support w/ rotary wing gunships. It happened before, can happen again if the political authorities take that decision.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Turkish_incursion_into_northern_Iraq
We have almost unlimited sources but we have limited time. We'll get to the top of military technologies. Just in time.
Think about unmanned ground vehicles which move ahead of personnel in conflicts. Think about Battle long range UAVs which save the pilots on veteran missions. Think about "very long duration of flight UAVs". Think about an advanced indigenous effective long range air-defence system. Think about high precision long range missiles. I know some of them are under consideration but these are very costly projects. Considering the limited sources available, saving the sources will help their development.
Totally irrelevant, US Armed Forces has 10 times more UAVs and Satellites than us. Wanna check how many USMC and other coalition personnel stationed in Afghanistan? Wanna know why they ask more troops from Turkey? ;)

we already have. Our CO's during the republic era, they fitted our forces very well. We're modern and powerful.

1- In the news maybe you only see magazine vests in our soldiers. It's because they're not in danger or in operational area. Just look at our guys in east. Every soldier has armor, optic sights.

2- we have 6 regular elite brigates without counting Naval Infantry, Air Corps, SAS, SAT, JÖAK, JÖH and 40,000 men Special Forces Command. By logic, 1/5 of our military is elite. So we have an elite force same size of most of the european countries.

3- our army's main manpower strategy is maintaining quick recall in case of war. That's why Maroon Berets are at "Corps" stage. According to MB's mission. They're also responsible for training the men recalled for the army in wartimes.

One question, do you know how many men we can recall to the army in a couple of hours? It's more than 8-10,000,000. And also think about they would be trained by Maroon Berets in case of war? No country in the world can easily do that. As you can see we have an excellent military strategy since 1923 and it never changed just as it won't.

BTW that's way Conscriptation is a very well working system in Turkey.

"Enduring Peace, Defending the constitution of Turkey, countring against any domestic or foreign threats, providing trained men in case of war as quick as possible."
Modern warfare is no more a man to man game.
We need a 400000 men state of the art armed forces,at least 200000 professionals.
Airforce,we need to upgrade our airforce,only F-16s and some F-4s wont be enough.
Navy,we need a modern navy our current fleet has only 1 new ship(rest all upgraded old ships)if we want to be a blue navy.
Army,slowly upgrading our army but we still use old upgraded weapons(some new but not to talk about)
In this current state we could beat many in the neighbourhood but we still have problems regarding troop movements if requierd.
I think we should try to upgrade as we are doing now by improoving our domestic weapons industry but faster.
If a project has reached final stage we allways tend to halt and move the start to another date.
We need 5th gen fighters,bombers,attack drones.
We need the TF-2000,all of the Milgems LPD or LHD,214s and all the supply ships,MO-ships etc.
We need the ALTAY,T-129,PARS,ANKAs,T-70 and many more i may have forgotten .
We need all this and more fast(10 years)
If we dont have this all by then,we have just a defensive armed forces.
Cant do much with that.
Btw,this all in my opinion.

GDP bizim neden düşük onu araştırmak lazım ama biz her işimizi kendimiz yaptığımız için o sayılmıyor olmasın? :D
bizim gerçek GDP(GDP + hesaplanmayan GDP).

kendin pişir kendin ye durumu. :D

yunanistan gdp si krize rağmen bizden yüksek ama sokakları aç insan kaynıyor çifte standart var bize

Modern warfare is no more a man to man game.
We need a 400000 men state of the art armed forces,at least 200000 professionals.
Airforce,we need to upgrade our airforce,only F-16s and some F-4s wont be enough.
Navy,we need a modern navy our current fleet has only 1 new ship(rest all upgraded old ships)if we want to be a blue navy.
Army,slowly upgrading our army but we still use old upgraded weapons(some new but not to talk about)
In this current state we could beat many in the neighbourhood but we still have problems regarding troop movements if requierd.
I think we should try to upgrade as we are doing now by improoving our domestic weapons industry but faster.
If a project has reached final stage we allways tend to halt and move the start to another date.
We need 5th gen fighters,bombers,attack drones.
We need the TF-2000,all of the Milgems LPD or LHD,214s and all the supply ships,MO-ships etc.
We need the ALTAY,T-129,PARS,ANKAs,T-70 and many more i may have forgotten .
We need all this and more fast(10 years)
If we dont have this all by then,we have just a defensive armed forces.
Cant do much with that.
Btw,this all in my opinion.

that's a right opinion that I'd agree. But dude get relaxed that's why we're a developing nation :P. And sometimes luck wasn't in our side (99 earthquake caused the cancelling of AC and destroyer project), sometimes the gov't delayed it (currently now, LHD project is delayed for the next years SSM meeting). But as you said we can do it faster. But I don't know why they take it slow ;)

that's a right opinion that I'd agree. But dude get relaxed that's why we're a developing nation :P. And sometimes luck wasn't in our side (99 earthquake caused the cancelling of AC and destroyer project), sometimes the gov't delayed it (currently now, LHD project is delayed for the next years SSM meeting). But as you said we can do it faster. But I don't know why they take it slow ;)
Well DUDE,nobody says we have to rush.
If we want to be a power,we need to do all this.
If want to stay a regional player then we dont have to DUDE.
I just stated what to do if we want to be a global player DUDE!
So you should chill and relax.

Well DUDE,nobody says we have to rush.
If we want to be a power,we need to do all this.
If want to stay a regional player then we dont have to DUDE.
I just stated what to do if we want to be a global player DUDE!
So you should chill and relax.

I SAID THAT'S WHY WE'RE A DEVELOPING NATION. Everything can NOT happen at once. And the State's current INT aim is being a regional power which we're slightly now. For the next aim which's the one you mentioned requires DEVELOP [not only military]!!!

( sen ne zaman kozandan çıktın da tırtıl oldun :P? Alınma la bu arada. Iki espri yapalım dedik sen de iyice cozuttun be kardeşim :rofl: )

I SAID THAT'S WHY WE'RE A DEVELOPING NATION. Everything can NOT happen at once. And the State's current INT aim is being a regional power which we're slightly now. For the next aim which's the one you mentioned requires DEVELOP [not only military]!!!

( sen ne zaman kozandan çıktın da tırtıl oldun :P? Alınma la bu arada. Iki espri yapalım dedik sen de iyice cozuttun be kardeşim :rofl: )
Biraz sozlerine dikkat et tirtil.
Alinan yok,lan man laflarini birak dogru durust konus saka yapilacak yer degil burasi.
Try to focus on topic.

Biraz sozlerine dikkat et tirtil.
Alinan yok,lan man laflarini birak dogru durust konus saka yapilacak yer degil burasi.
Try to focus on topic.

no you stay on topic. You're the guy who used "DUDE" as encounter. You only think that DEVELOPING is only up to military. And as I saw you really took it serious, come later when you grow up and you're the guy who has to watch his words.

GDP bizim neden düşük
yunanistan gdp si krize rağmen bizden yüksek ama sokakları aç insan kaynıyor çifte standart var bize

Ben ağlayacağım, galiba!

no you stay on topic. You're the guy who used "DUDE" as encounter. You only think that DEVELOPING is only up to military. And as I saw you really took it serious, come later when you grow up and you're the guy who has to watch his words.
Life is a growing stage how far are you?
Still developing?
My words are clear for those who understand!
Developing starts with the economy,our economy is far enough to finance the military.
We should be in further stage by now in military developments.
But you are right still growing arent we?

Ben ağlayacağım, galiba!

Sen aglama dayanamam.
If you could explain what GDP means,maybe then he would get a clear vieuw.

Life is a growing stage how far are you?
Still developing?
My words are clear for those who understand!
Developing starts with the economy,our economy is far enough to finance the military.
We should be in further stage by now in military developments.
But you are right still growing arent we?

Far enough to correct your wrongs. And you really think that our economy is EXCELLENT so, it's the military's turn to gain up some. What was the last time u visited turkey? If our economy was as good as you said, we wouldn't decrease our Defence budget to 19 billion $'s from 30 billion dollars.

Far enough to correct your wrongs. And you really think that our economy is EXCELLENT so, it's the military's turn to gain up some. What was the last time u visited turkey? If our economy was as good as you said, we wouldn't decrease our Defence budget to 19 billion $'s from 30 billion dollars.
Our economy is excellent,we are the only country in Europe besides Germany who has overcome the economic crissis without many losses.
We cut our Budgets because of that,if our neighbourhood is at easy again we will gain more.
Just waiting for Syria,then the door will be open to all the GCC countries and Egypt(Africa).
A roadway to Africa?
And if Iran loses the sanctions,the door open to all the turkic countries(oil gas transit turkish goods in return)
Most of the muslim countries there(Africa) would do rather do bussiness with Turkey(in military and economy)
The military budget will increase again,Turkey is the best option if you want NATO standart weapons and dont want to be dependent on the ''west''.
I sell exclusive wood sorts from South America to Europe (including Turkey).
Have to go there allmost evry month,still have my turkish passport(only).
So if Turkish people can buy that,it must tell you something.

1. sence
Common misspelling of sense.

Our economy is excellent,we are the only country in Europe besides Germany who has overcome the economic crissis without many losses.
We cut our Budgets because of that,if our neighbourhood is at easy again we will gain more.
Just waiting for Syria,then the door will be open to all the GCC countries and Egypt(Africa).
A roadway to Africa?
And if Iran loses the sanctions,the door open to all the turkic countries(oil gas transit turkish goods in return)
Most of the muslim countries there(Africa) would do rather do bussiness with Turkey(in military and economy)
The military budget will increase again,Turkey is the best option if you want NATO standart weapons and dont want to be dependent on the ''west''.
I sell exclusive wood sorts from South America to Europe (including Turkey).
Have to go there allmost evry month,still have my turkish passport(only).
So if Turkish people can buy that,it must tell you something.

1- Our economy is NOT excellent. Don't you ever heard about the increasing taxes at all sections.

2- According to your descriptions you're trying to rebuilt the Ottoman Empire

3- Turkey already has the most powerful armed forces in the region.

4- we but the defence budget because our economy is goin down. If you were right about being the only European country after the germans who overcomes the crisis, we shouldn't have decided to cut our budget this year. Even if yes, it should have done years ago?

Back
Top Bottom