What's new

Update on J-11B Project

There are efforts from Pakistani engineers in J11b specially Avionics and cockpit design .

Pakistan Navy is rumored to be interested in this bird , lets see if it comes true.

I wish they would by it because i personally love these birds ,since a long time i m hoping for them to be inducted but it seems highly unlikely at this point in time

J-11B is 4G fighter, Not 5G.
It is the same level of performance with the Su-30. That is the reason for PLA refusing to buy Su-30.

Do not expect too much of the J-16. SAC can not produce a better aircraft than the CAC, J-16 is not better than the J-20.

It is too early to say on SAC,maybe there will be a big surprise soon.

Sorry, but J-11B happens to be 8 times stealthier than the Su-30MKI. The J-11B also boasts a radar that can track more targets than the Su-30MKI as well as a higher thrust-to-weight ratio (greater rate of climb and maneuverability).

Not to mention J-11B is slated for AESA

And it seems you have forgotten about the J-10B, which is considered a quasi-5th-generation fighter.

J-11B has 3 m of RCS. Su-30MKI has about 25 m of RCS.

Should I start teaching you the art of division?

And if you don't believe me for the other facts, do some damn research. :rolleyes:

RCS values are usually given in square-meters.

Therefore, 25 square-meters is approximately 70 times larger than 3 square-meters (not 8 times, as you originally stated).

3.5 generation in Chinese terminology is just 4.5 generation. The information on the J-11 is correct but nowhere does it state the J-10B is 5th generation.

I watched a news program that put J-10B as 5th-generation (fourth generation in Chinese). I personally think that it's a 4.5+ generation fighter.

J-11B is 4G fighter, Not 5G.
It is the same level of performance with the Su-30. That is the reason for PLA refusing to buy Su-30.

Do not expect too much of the J-16. SAC can not produce a better aircraft than the CAC, J-16 is not better than the J-20.

I never said J-11B was 5th generation. It is a 4.5th generation fighter.

J-16 is expected to be a 4.5++ generation / quasi 5th generation fighter equivalent to the F-15SE Silent Eagle

SAC can't overpower CAC? History has proven many times otherwise.

Therefore, 25 square-meters is approximately 70 times larger than 3 square-meters (not 8 times, as you originally stated).

Yeah I know that. I didn't choose to find the superscript on my computer.

But it's not 70 times. You still compare as if the units are not squared.

Yeah I know that. I didn't choose to find the superscript on my computer.

But it's not 70 times. You still compare as if the units are not squared.

Hold on a minute, are we talking square-metre as in a square with so many metres on each side, or as in m^2 ? (if the former than it would be much bigger)

Hold on a minute, are we talking square-metre as in a square with so many metres on each side, or as in m^2 ? (if the former than it would be much bigger)

It's m^2 for RCS

Back
Top Bottom