What's new

Update: Iran Presidential Election 2017 - Rouhani is re-elected for second term

come on guys it's not the end of the world, it's certain some people will complain and then some elders go and mediate and 1-2 other person will be accepted and then 1 or 2 person resign in favor of some others.

It's what happened as long as I remember.

Ahmadinejad is finished. He is at the end of the line!
There's no political figure who would support him except two idiots named Mashayi and Baqayi!
He faced an strategic failure with messing up with both reformists and conservatives alongside messing with the whole world, and saw the outcome in the last two years of his presidency, when it finally leaded to the most harsh sanctions ever imposed on a country an a f***ed up economy as a result!
The only reason he came back was to take revenge! Don't make it up wrong @OldTwilight ! He does not care about poor people anymore.

The root problem of Iran is very deep and it's not going to change soon: wrong people at wrong positions, mainly based on their islamic-republic-ideology.
The symptoms are for example our economy. It's not about rouhani or ahmadinejad or raeesi, these guys are just the faces, the cover of the problem. They are just names/fronts attached to the problem.

To those who support islamic republic explain to me what exactly makes Raeesi a candidate for presidency and what justifies such big promotion of hum in media which is controlled by the same people, being expert in quran and sharia laws? (would that solve our economy, environment and would that minimize corruption?) What puts him for example above ghasem sholeh-saadi who is disqualified 4 times? Ghasem sholeh-saadi is by the way a person who was accepted to be parliament member in this system. Name me just one country, that is economy and technology wise strong, which resembles this sham government in Iran.

I swear to god in a free society many of these people would not even be accepted for most simple jobs (taxidriver, selling cinema tickets etc). Fellow Iranians, don't be sheeps, don't accept being ridiculed and insulted every 4 years. Just don't vote, nothing/not much will change if you vote.

A big part of our wealth will be wasted by inefficiency and corruption anyways. The remaning relatively marginal growth, which they use as if it's an achievement and which they use for propaganda purposes, is because of the left-over of our Iranian wealth (after eaten by theft and corruption) that reaches us and because of our nations talents.

In 2011 he denied opression of workers, students, press, torture. Be warned my fellow Iranians. These guys are not Iranian in cultural sense, I suspect that's why they don't care. Being not native is another thing to say about many of them, but being not native is not an excuse to destroy the host country.

Last edited:
Wow, the candidate list is complete shit. My fellow Iranians you're all in trouble. We have very smart people in the ways of science, math, literature and history etc...but when it comes to politics they're all kindergartners.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Last edited:
Strange that every former President is now an outsider to the system and threatened?? Banisadr,Rafsanjani,Khatami, and now Ahmadinejad. You can also include former Prime Minister Mousavi, and former Parliament Head Karrubi to that list! Everyone is used up by the system and thrown out in the trash when they are irrelevant! Just like an action movie, everyone is expendable.

The whole Guardian Council is a sham and insult to any democracy. How can Ahmadinejad win with supposedly 24 million votes in 2009, Khamenei say Ahmadinejad's views are closest to his in 2009, and be disqualified in 2017?? How can Gharazi, who was approved in 2013, be disqualified 4 years later when he did/said ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in these 4 years? There's no real logic behind their processes, they simply have an agenda and are using candidates as puppets.

Last time I voted was 2009 and it will remain that way. I advise my fellow Iranians to note waste their time and effort in voting. Voting will NOT impact the elections, they will choose whoever suits their needs! Voting will only give legitimacy to the corruptness and authoritarianism that is slowly consuming our country...I have lost all hope.

Not voting is still not a good strategy. The people need to protest, quietly and peacefully.

Not voting is still not a good strategy. The people need to protest, quietly and peacefully.
Not voting + protest, pressure is the only available tactic . In 1997 people voted, but they (islamists) didnt listen, didnt change. 20 years further call for reforms didnt change anything, nothing changed, it worsened. So these fake elections wont change anything. This course will eventually lead to (violent) clashes between them (islamists) and nationalists, democrats.

Stubborn Saddam, Khadafi, assad made the same mistakes and ended up being hanged, stabbed in *** and being shot, humiated before camera and countries destroyed. The islamists want to lead Iran towards destruction, because they imagine a never ending rule, not knowing that even mongols didnt last forever in Iran.

The state companies, bonyads, corruption, low oil prices will become a burden for them which eventually will even set their own supporters (not more than 20% of Iran) against them. Add to that the evolution of Iranian peoples thinking, ideology will become fatal for them.

Last edited:
Not voting + protest, pressure is the only available tactic . In 1997 people voted, but they (islamists) didnt listen, didnt change. 20 years further call for reforms didnt change anything, nothing changed, it worsened. So these fake elections wont change anything. This course will eventually lead to (violent) clashes between them (islamists) and nationalists, democrats.

Stubborn Saddam, Khadafi, assad made the same mistakes and ended up being hanged, stabbed in *** and being shot, humiated before camera and countries destroyed. The islamists want to lead Iran towards destruction, because they imagine a never ending rule, not knowing that even mongols didnt last forever in Iran.

The state companies, bonyads, corruption, low oil prices will become a burden for them which eventually will even set their own supporters (not more than 20% of Iran) against them. Add to that the evolution of Iranian peoples thinking, ideology will become fatal for them.

You are dead on with your 20% estimate. New ISPA poll:

20% support traditionalists/conservative -those who support IR as it is, or very traditional families
45% support reformists/moderates -those that want change
35% none of the above or no response -lost all hope, or oppose IR so much to not even support the reformists

Even that 20%, only half are real hardliners like Jalili supporters or supporters of Paydari. The problem is that 10-20% has such a loud angry voice, and complete state backing, so it seems like their numbers are more than reality...but you are right, the way things are going now with the increased corruption everywhere, they might even lose that base...

You are dead on with your 20% estimate. New ISPA poll:

20% support traditionalists/conservative -those who support IR as it is, or very traditional families
45% support reformists/moderates -those that want change
35% none of the above or no response -lost all hope, or oppose IR so much to not even support the reformists

Even that 20%, only half are real hardliners like Jalili supporters or supporters of Paydari. The problem is that 10-20% has such a loud angry voice, and complete state backing, so it seems like their numbers are more than reality...but you are right, the way things are going now with the increased corruption everywhere, they might even lose that base...
exactly, could you give me the link of this ISPA poll? thanks.

There is a real chance Rouhani might lose....this is will be a disaster for Iran. I don't know what will happen but this is a real test for Iranians, we will see how they think, if they can be easily swayed. Also it will show if they still have an appetite for the hardliners.

exactly, could you give me the link of this ISPA poll? thanks.

382317233803(1).jpg

Since I am a new member, I cannot post any links directly. Please go to ispaDOTir, then its the second article from the top, on the main page. I've posted the picture that contains the result from the ISPA poll above.

382317233803(1).jpg

Since I am a new member, I cannot post any links directly. Please go to ispaDOTir, then its the second article from the top, on the main page. I've posted the picture that contains the result from the ISPA poll above.

are you believe in these !?
most of statics in Iran have wrong base , so the result of them are not reliable ...

So you have already selected your candidate ?
Won't you first see the result of candidates tv shows

Your choice is Hassan , so why you act like this and try to accuse "Mohsen" to blind fan of a candidate !?
you reformists are hypocrites even in personal matter ....

Back
Top Bottom