What's new

Update: Iran Presidential Election 2017 - Rouhani is re-elected for second term

The final candidates of JOMANA:

246715_903.jpg

Qalibaf , Zakani, Raeesi , Fatah and Bazrpash ...

We have four major parties, however, one of them is a newly developed party emerged and established by Rouhani the current president, they are called moderates or in other words revisionists.
The major parties are 1) Fundamentalists , 2) Reformists , 3) Revolutionaries , 4) Moderates (Revisionists)
Our leadership , Khamenei , follows revolutionary ideology, which calls every party to unite against west and build Iran from inside. That view is my favorite, pro-Pakistani government or pro-Muslim governments can be resulted from that party.
Fundamentalists believe that Iran should work with eastern powers, this party strongly believes in destruction of Israel, so i back them. Ahmadinejhad was one of them, Leader of this party : Mesbah Yazdi
Reformists believe that Iran must work with western powers and mostly known as pro-west party. Leader : Khatami
Moderates : Consists of capitalists and rich oil cartels. They are cancers of our society, and Mossiu Rouhani leads them. Some paunchy liberal democrats that have aimed their policy at changing the view of our Islamic revolution. These guys hardly believe in selling oil and developing a dependent economy.
Generally pro-Muslim governments are mostly from fundamentalists and revolutionaries.

Dear Mohammad I don't think that Mesbah Yazdi is leader of Fundamentalists ... he could be considered as a Fundamentalist but defiinetly not the leader ...

View attachment 389199

Dear Mohammad I don't think that Mesbah Yazdi is leader of Fundamentalists ... he could be considered as a Fundamentalist but defiinetly not the leader ...
Wow, thank you sir.
I hope Zakani remains in the list.
May i ask who is their leader sir?

Wow, thank you sir.
I hope Zakani remains in the list.
May i ask who is their leader sir?
Mesbah is behind Paidari front , he supported Ahmadinejad back in 84 while Larijani was Fundamentalists candidates or back in 92 he supported Jalili while Fundamentalists were supporting Qalibaf and Velayati ...
Right now to be honset I اhave no clue that who is Fundamentalists leader ...

View attachment 389199

they seems that they still didn't learn from the last election ,they announce several candidate and hope later some of them resign in favor of the rest, but in the end we saw what happened in last election . and the funny thing is that how much they talk of Insight (بصیرت) .

Mesbah is behind Paidari front , he supported Ahmadinejad back in 84 while Larijani was Fundamentalists candidates or back in 92 he supported Jalili while Fundamentalists were supporting Qalibaf and Velayati ...
LOL almost true
Fundamentalists were weakened and dispersed, if they continue as @JEskandari said, they will lose again.

they seems that they still didn't learn from the last election ,they announce several candidate and hope later some of them resign in favor of the rest, but in the end we saw what happened in last election . and the funny thing is that how much they talk of Insight (بصیرت) .
If these people are not gonna honer their pledges that they would resign for the sake of their party and best outcome then they don't deserve to become president.

Will there be financial disclosure of these candidates' wealth and holdings? I mean 2 of these guys, Qalibaf and Raeesi sure have a lot of clouds hanging around their heads. It would be good for IRI to allow that to happen (not likely of course). But then again, aside from Mr. Khomeini, I don't believe there is a single IRI politician who has not been tainted by corruption. Just to name a few recent cases:

. The Mahafarid Amir Khosravi case: $930,232,558.00 - 2011
· The Babak Zanjani oil case: $2,700,000,000.00 - 2014
· The Qeshm case: $4,031,007,751.00 - 2015

· The loan nonpayment case: $217,054,263.00- 2015
· The National Copper Company case: $558,139,534.00 - 2013
· The Babak Zanjani social security case: $9,302,325,581.00 - 2014

View attachment 389199

Fatah said he won't participate in election ...
Bazrpash was Saipa CEO ( one of Iranian car maker --- coffin maker , who are killing more Iranian than Saddam ) and that's enough for him to have zero chance for wining the election ...
Zakani doesn't have enough charismatic character ....
so there will be only Qalibaf and Raeesi ...

side note : Raeesi is one of candidate for leadership , if he won the election , he has chance to become next supreme leader , so for him , this election has more meaning ...

they don't have any ... and they don't believe in having leader ....

Velayati was Technocrats agent and he stab them in the back ... simply they shouldn't consider Hashemi Rafsanji friend as one of their own ....

so , don't mock them my reformist friend !!!

Will there be financial disclosure of these candidates' wealth and holdings? I mean 2 of these guys, Qalibaf and Raeesi sure have a lot of clouds hanging around their heads. It would be good for IRI to allow that to happen (not likely of course). But then again, aside from Mr. Khomeini, I don't believe there is a single IRI politician who has not been tainted by corruption. Just to name a few recent cases:

. The Mahafarid Amir Khosravi case: $930,232,558.00 - 2011
· The Babak Zanjani oil case: $2,700,000,000.00 - 2014
· The Qeshm case: $4,031,007,751.00 - 2015

· The loan nonpayment case: $217,054,263.00- 2015
· The National Copper Company case: $558,139,534.00 - 2013
· The Babak Zanjani social security case: $9,302,325,581.00 - 2014

that's none of your business ... don't interfere in our internal affairs ....

Bazrpash was Saipa CEO ( one of Iranian car maker --- coffin maker , who are killing more Iranian than Saddam ) and that's enough for him to have zero chance for wining the election ...

side note : Raeesi is one of candidate for leadership , if he won the election , he has chance to become next supreme leader , so for him , this election has more meaning ...

Velayati was Technocrats agent and he stab them in the back ... simply they shouldn't consider Hashemi Rafsanji friend as one of their own ....

WTF?! It is my business. Be civil. I am asking a question as a person interested in IRI's internal affairs.

WTF?! It is my business. Be civil. I am asking a question as a person interested in IRI's internal affairs.
its not your business , this is our internal affairs and we know how to handle it ....

and matter of facts , all candidate have some cloudy history specially in early years of revolution ...

My vote for the opposite side of Rouhani ... if Raesi is the final one I'll vote for him

Since it's 1 month to the election and it's not even clear who the candidates are, it's hard to predict who's going to win. If our election process was started at least a couple of months ago, i could come up with a better analysis. My analysis is that Rouhani is more likely to win the election. He did pretty well with foreign policy and could come up with an agreement with the west (JCPOA) so it's a privilege for him. He made some cultural promises that he didn't deliver but since the ppl that have those kind of demands know they can't get them with the other candidates i think it's not going to be a problem for him and on the other hand it's not a changing election which makes him more likely to be elected.
His rivals:
Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf:
If he is realistic, he is more likely to not participate in this election cause what happened to Plasco Building (i'm not saying he has anything to do with it, but his rivals are more likely to use it against him) and other right-wing candidates and the fact that it is not a changing election are big disadvantages to him in this election.
Hamid Baqai: He is supported by Mahmoud Ahmadi Nejad. Their election policy is criticizing Hassan Rouhani's government for his economic policies and pointing out the Iran's bad economic conditions, But their strategy is shooting itself in the foot, cause Ahmadi Nejad's government is one of the main reasons for today's conditions. Also Baqai was in Jail until last year so i think Rouhani can get him in presidential debates really easily, and also most of his advertising is done by Ahmadi Nejad and he is the last one you want to associate your brand with. So he will have a really hard time wining this election.
Ebrahim Raisi: Well since he doesn't have any executive experiences, predicting how he is going to do is the hardest, but since he is kinda a conservative Ayatollah I can't see him coming up with any sensible cultural promises so i think this will be his Achilles heel causing him the election.
Can you tell me from an insider's perspective of what was wrong with Ahmedinejad? I am curious because I have no idea how politics in Iran work.
He is the last one you want to choose as a representative and a gift to your enemies, Considering your problems with India if you elect him, he will start chanting the destruction of India, giving them an excuse to align the world behind themselves against you. Also the minute he opens his mouth in a TV Program or something, the value of your currency to the dollar will fall nearly by half.

Last edited:
Can you tell me from an insider's perspective of what was wrong with Ahmedinejad? I am curious because I have no idea how politics in Iran work.

Trump is the Iranian Ahmadinejad. Neither have any knowledge of economics, diplomacy or social policies.

Ahmadinejad is the man who subsidises petrol in a country with the world's 4th largest oil reserves.

As I remember now their previous leader was Ayatollah Mahdavi Kani whom demised a while ago. Maybe Ayatollah Movahedi Kermani could be considered as their current leader ..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom