What's new

UPA's Pink Revolution Makes India World's Biggest Beef Exporter

Jhoota vegetarian, kitne poultry farm kha gaya?? :D
Well I said I was raised a non veg .... but have gone back to it now. lost taste in it since i moved back to india. ab to bus kache aam aur khati faank khaane mein maaza aata hai.

What an irony!

You guys regard cows as holy mata (mother) and worship them, banning their slaughter or trade of beef in india and will happily kill any Muslim or Christian for slaughtering them for consumption, but you can slaughter and sell the same sacred mother for export dollars.

World.jpg

BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, it seems, was on the mark when he said the only revolution happening in UPA-ruled India was the ‘pink revolution’, a euphemism for the meat business. The country, where eating beef is a sensitive religious issue, has become the biggest beef exporter in the world, beating Brazil.

This is as per the latest meat exports figures from the Ministry of Food Processing. The data shows that India exported 1.89 million tonnes of beef in 2012-2013, which is a 50 per cent increase over five years ago.

Poultry exports have gone up too. The country exported 3.5 million tonnes of poultry last fiscal, a 6 per cent hike over the previous year, putting India in the third place after the US and Brazil.

Figures show that export earnings from meat have touched Rs 21,000 crore in 2012-2013. The major markets for Indian meat are to be found in the US, Europe, the Gulf and South-East Asian countries.

“It is a fact that the government is giving increased attention to introducing international standards in meat production. Our department has played a crucial role and we are happy about it,’’ says an official with the Department of Animal Husbandry.

According to him, the Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA), is out to improve the quality and safety requirements for both the domestic market and the export industry. In the last one year, APEDA has approved 170 integrated abattoirs, slaughterhouses and meat processing plants across the country, apart from announcing subsidies worth `15 crore to the modernizing of abattoirs.

Even the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) acknowledges that the government has played a crucial role in enhancing meat production and export. “While a larger herd supports an increase in beef production, government programmes also encourage production. For instance, the ‘Salvaging and Rearing of Male Buffalo Calves Scheme’ and the ‘Utilization of Fallen Animals’ improved carcass utilization programmes were incorporated in the government’s 11th Five Year Plan (2007-2012) and will also be in included in the 12th Five Year Plan (2012-2017),’’ USDA said in its annual report.

Uttar Pradesh is the biggest producer of meat, especially beef, while Kerala is the biggest consumer. Cow slaughter is banned in most Indian states, including Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Delhi and Rajasthan. It is legal only in Kerala, West Bengal and the north-eastern states.

“Officially, the slaughter of cows is banned and beef production is actually buffalo meat. Here too, the slaughter is restricted to males and unproductive females,’’ explains the Department of Animal Husbandry official.

But he accepts that there are instances of cow meat being labelled buffalo meat only to be renamed once it reaches its destination. When asked about Modi’s allegation about the UPA government’s ‘secret agenda for export of beef’, the official says: “There is no secret. All schemes are announced openly.’’

UPA's Pink Revolution Makes India World's Biggest Beef Exporter -The New Indian Express

stop wasting ur time with him.
u shud write a blog about these things,
not waste energy with nincompoops.

He is not a lost cause yet. We can still bring him back from the dark side. :D

But first he has to admit to himself that he was wrong and open up his mind to a alternate reality.

At least he has stopped quoting christian translations of the veda's. That's a start.

Facts were written in clear terms, don't make repeated stupid attempts to twist it.
What truth? Go check the exact reason, don't invent baseless stories, or put a credible link to support your claim.
Take your head out of that pile of sand and READ the links that I have provided.
Who said that? Comprehension problem? Go back to my previous post and read again, s l o w l y.
That's the characteristic of your kind, not mine.
Go back and check again who said what.
I can give lessons to your teacher, a shameless creature like you is talking about shame. :lol:
Not even YOUR link says that. And Madhu finding it difficult to hold her own stand, it is not stellar work, it is bull$hit.
I am talking with data, you are talking in thin air.
Unlike you, I am not in the BUSINESS of preaching Hindutva.
As per me, you should learn to accept facts with humility.
And a clueless nincompoop came to lecture here. :lol:

Repeating 'I am right' multiple times does not make you right. I only makes you pig headed.

You might start displaying the much vaunted 'Humility" and discard your false ego before its too late.

Cow is sacred to Hindus. India is not a Hindu country.

What an irony!

You guys regard cows as holy mata (mother) and worship them, banning their slaughter or trade of beef in india and will happily kill any Muslim or Christian for slaughtering them for consumption, but you can slaughter and sell the same sacred mother for export dollars.
Cow is sacred to Hindus and India is not a Hindu country.

Banning is not based on religious belief, but based on reproduction of the animals. As cows form integral part in Indian Agriculture and eco system. There are already rules specifically for each states, and the age limit for Cows to be used as beef.

noothuku nooru unmai.. its a waste thread ..but the question hasn't been answered yet...which beef is better??? A1 beef or A2 beef....pathal sollungo ...

No Beef is good.

Apart from being
1. Sinful for Hindus.
2. Tearing the fabric of our social order.
3. Damaging Indian (dharmic) morality and ethics

It also causes Mad Cow Disease.

Cows have proteins called Prions distributed ALL OVER ITS BODY via its Nervous system. These proteins are almost impossible to destroy and once they have entered your body will accumulate over time and will give your Mad Cow Disease or Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease.

Prions accumulate in your body and get retained there like Anti-oxidants and damage you brain and nerve tissues. This is the reward you get for eating cows.

Below is the picture of two Brain slice. On the left is the brain affected by Mad cow and on the right is a normal brain. Now imagine what happens when you start feeding your child Beef when he/she is small. By the time they are 20-25 they are ripe for mental deficiencies and dementia.

madcowbraincomparison.jpeg

No Beef is good.

Apart from being
1. Sinful for Hindus.
2. Tearing the fabric of our social order.
3. Damaging Indian (dharmic) morality and ethics

It also causes Mad Cow Disease.

Cows have proteins called Prions distributed ALL OVER ITS BODY via its Nervous system. These proteins are almost impossible to destroy and once they have entered your body will accumulate over time and will give your Mad Cow Disease or Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease.

Prions accumulate in your body and get retained there like Anti-oxidants and damage you brain and nerve tissues. This is the reward you get for eating cows.

Below is the picture of two Brain slice. On the left is the brain affected by Mad cow and on the right is a normal brain. Now imagine what happens when you start feeding your child Beef when he/she is small. By the time they are 20-25 they are ripe for mental deficiencies.

madcowbraincomparison.jpeg

USA eats lot of cow.. And they dont get any Mad Cow disease,..???

Funny you should ask ........ below is the map of nations with Mad Cow Disease.

Global_mad_cow_cases_map.PNG

Expect India to be added to that list if a significant population starts eating Beef.

And all those countries have higher life expectancy. Please explain.

Back
Top Bottom