What's new

UPA's Pink Revolution Makes India World's Biggest Beef Exporter

Prove it.
I havent seen more stupid arguments than what i have heard. Everybody in India knows that grass fed cows are the lowest milk producing ones and has to be fed expensive feeds to make cattle rearing a profitable business.

I dont think i should explain more to him cause, he just like the most typical radical ones has started badmouthing as last resort.
You shouldn't explain to him because he's mowgli ka panja. Shoo him off but he will come back.

Let me make it simple for you.

Discard all the christian translation of Vedas, especially by Max Mulla and his ilk.

The Vedas are to be understand w.r.t context, which is why the Upanishads were written in the first place and that is the reason they are called the vedanta.

Let me make it simple for u,u asked for original verses i provided them. Now refute them without speaking evasive rubbish or disappear permanently.

Last edited:
He is not only giving his views, he is trying to impose it on all others.
why u think so.....:undecided:
how come one saying on a forum result into imposing it on others....
many on this forum will not agree on my opinion ...and will counter me..but are they imposing their views on me.....
after all its the person on the receiving end who need to see and react whats suits him and should he agree with the comment from the others.....

Indeed?But u buy the translation of all the points except those?So oh great translator plz translate those hymns and lines urself and enlighten us.And secondly,thats exactly my point-time moves ahead and society must move ahead with it,not stay forever with ancient traditions dependant wholly on scriptures.But look at u lot,u fanatically defend scriptures all the time,but when it turned against u trying to evade it by lame excuses of translation.Where's ur consistency.

I agree this discussion is not very important and personally i could care less whether it was banned or not,i'm only here to needle the propaganda of some of these people openly stating how this should be made a hindu nation irrelevant of constitution.That will be sure way to failure,religion driven nations are a thing of the past.We just need to look west and its blasphemy laws as an example.

When did I say I buy these translations.

Whether this or something else.

What makes u think society doesn't move on.

How r these scriptures a stumbling block

@Manvantaratruti - Ball is in your quote, err court. :D
@Tshering22 - You eating a lot of cows?
:P

In an previous example, I have already pointed out the absurdity in quoting max muller or Griffith's translation of Veda.

Let me quote you another example,

Mandala 4, sukta 18, verse 13 states,

"avartya suna antraṇi pecena devesu vivide marditaram, apasyaṃ jayam amahiyamanam adha me syeno madhva jabhara. "

The christian scholar translation is : (..yes, its the same scholar the op is quoting)

"In deep distress I cooked a dog's intestines. Among the Gods I found not one to comfort. My consort I beheld in degradation. The Falcon then brought me the pleasant Soma." :lol:

The actual Hindu Translation is:

The Rishi says I digest or mature all modes of knowledge of God to become happy and free from cycle of life and death.
In between my senses I do not find anyone to provide happiness or pleasure. I do not see Prakriti as same as God. Ishwar in the form of Knowledge gives me sweetest BrahmGyan.

Where Suna is translated as "dog" in rig vedic context it means 'happy', add that with avartya which is described as death, but actually means freedom from the cycle of life and death.

You see, I cannot possible teach some fool the entire Rig Veda in pdf.

All he would do is copy paste a misguided translation from Griffith from the 10,000 verses in the Rig veda and all I would be doing is translating his stupidity back into something sensible.

By quote from wikipedia or his 'source' he has already admitted he knows Absolutely NOTHING about Hinduism, all he can do is make some noise and chatter by copy pasting christian propaganda.

Large Study Finds Vegetarians Have Poorer Health, Lower Quality of Life Than Meat-Eaters

A vegetarian diet is associated with higher rates of allergies, cancer, and mental illness, as well as a poorer quality of life compared to carnivorous diets, according to a new study.
The research, published in February in the journal PLoS ONE, surveyed 1,320 Austrians, evenly portioned to four different nutritional groups: a vegetarian diet, a carnivorous diet rich in fruits and vegetables, a carnivorous diet less rich in meat, and a carnivorous diet rich in meat. Subjects were matched based on age, sex, income, education, and occupation. All information was attained through face-to-face interviews.
The results were bleak for vegetarians.
"Overall, vegetarians are in a poorer state of health compared to the other dietary habit groups," the authors reported.
Vegetarians suffered from higher rates of allergies, cancer, anxiety, and depression. They were also vaccinated less often than all of the other groups, and visited the doctor for preventative check-ups less frequently than subjects eating a carnivorous diet rich in fruits and vegetables.

fetchObject.action

But despite the findings, American meat-eaters should resist the urge to pester their plant-eating brothers and sisters. Why? For starters, the study has a host of inescapable limitations. All of the data, including diet information, is self-reported. Thus, we have no idea precisely what vegetarians or the various meat-consuming groups were actually eating. The data is also cross-sectional. "Therefore, no statements can be made whether the poorer health in vegetarians in our study is caused by their dietary habit or if they consume this form of diet due to their poorer health status," the authors admit. Moreover, the study was based in Austria, and the Austrian diet and lifestyle significantly differs from the American diet and lifestyle.

Even if the study wasn't severely limited, it wouldn't be enough to overturn prior evidence. In a 2009 review, the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (formerly the American Dietetic Association), the largest organization of food and nutrition professionals in the U.S., declared that "appropriately planned vegetarian diets, including total vegetarian or vegan diets, are healthful, nutritionally adequate, and may provide health benefits in the prevention and treatment of certain diseases." More recently, a 2012 review published in the journal Public Health Nutrition, found that vegetarian diets have not shown any adverse effects on health.

Source:
Burkert NT, Muckenhuber J, Großschädl F, Rásky É, Freidl W (2014) Nutrition and Health – The Association between Eating Behavior and Various Health Parameters: A Matched Sample Study. PLoS ONE 9(2): e88278. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0088278

RealClearScience - Large Study Finds Vegetarians Have Poorer Health, Lower Quality of Life Than Meat-Eaters

In an previous example, I have already pointed out the absurdity in quoting max muller or Griffith's translation of Veda.

U don't have to do much at all,i gave u the original sanskrit verses,now plz give us ur 'correct' translation or stop posting irrelevant evasive posts and disappear.Its a simple situation.

When did I say I buy these translations.

Whether this or something else.

What makes u think society doesn't move on.

How r these scriptures a stumbling block

Ok,i'm getting confused as to where u actually stand on this.Because ur stance is ambigous.Manu baba atleast is consistent in his orthodoxy.

This is a start. But out of so many lines only 1 is where you have given the original translation. On that part I agree. There are other parts of @AUSTERLITZ that you have not mentioned. I know it may be tedious to you, but please refute them if you know about them. :tup:

Actually i never mentioned any line about dog's intestines,he brought it up hims

I wish we had a Sanskrit scholar with us here. :unsure:

Actually i never mentioned any line about dog's intestines if u scroll back my posts,he brought it up himself.The original issue was about beef,and i gave original verses not translations as per his 'demand'.Now has no answer and is being evasive continously.Simple,he should just refute those verses as fake or mistranslated or concede that it is actually 'his' knowledge of hinduism that is actually lacking.But what do u expect.Vivekananda concurs,do u think this bum knows more about hinduism than vivekananda.

Indeed.

Let me make it simple for u,u asked for original verses i provided them. Now refute them without speaking evasive rubbish or disappear permanently.

LOL......all you have done is shown me that your knowledge of Hinduism comes from christian translated text.

Your very first text ,

ukṣṇo hime pancadasa sakam pacanti vimsatim, utaham admi piva id ubha kuksi prnanti me visvasmad indra uttarah.

Would Translate as ,

Soma offered to thee made by fifteen of us, Twenty one of us sings your glory that fills our soul and lifts our sprite. Glory continue to Indra.

[10.86.14] ukSNó me páñcadasha sAkám pácanti viMshatím
[10.86.14] utÁhám admi pÍva íd ubhÁ kukSÍ pRNanti me víshvasmAd índra úttaraH

Fifteen in number, then, for me a score of bullocks they prepare, / And I devour the fat thereof: they fill my belly full with food. Supreme is Indra over all.

[5.29.8] trÍ yác chatÁ mahiSÁNAm ágho mÁs trÍ sárAMsi maghávA somyÁpAH
[5.29.8] kAráM víshve ahvanta devÁ bháram índrAya yád áhiM jaghÁna

When thou three hundred buffaloes'flesh hadst eaten, and drunk, as Maghavan, three lakes of Soma, / All the Gods raised as'twere a shout of triumph to Indra praise because he slew the Dragon.

[10.86.13] vRSAkapAyi révati súputra Ád u súsnuSe
[10.86.13] ghásat ta índra ukSáNaH priyáM kAcitkaráM havír víshvasmAd índra úttaraH

Wealthy Vrsakapayi, blest with sons and consorts of thy sons, / Indra will eat thy bulls, thy dear oblation that effecteth much. Supreme is Indra over all.
@Manvantaratruti - Please refute these translation if you can. :)

LOL......all you have done is shown me that your knowledge of Hinduism comes from christian translated text.

Your very first text ,

ukṣṇo hime pancadasa sakam pacanti vimsatim, utaham admi piva id ubha kuksi prnanti me visvasmad indra uttarah.

Would Translate as ,

Soma offered to thee made by fifteen of us, Twenty one of us sings your glory that fills our soul and lifts our sprite. Glory continue to Indra.

The word soma is not even in the verse and u inserted it?Sloppy.Soma is called soma in sankrit.

Actually i never mentioned any line about dog's intestines if u scroll back my posts,he brought it up himself.The original issue was about beef,and i gave original verses not translations as per his 'demand'.Now has no answer and is being evasive continously.Simple,he should just refute those verses as fake or mistranslated or concede that it is actually 'his' knowledge of hinduism that is actually lacking.But what do u expect.Vivekananda concurs,do u think this bum knows more about hinduism than vivekananda.

Indeed.
Vivekananda's point is actually a little politically incorrect today. He said that we should give up our weakness and take up a more violent and militant form. In many ways he gave oxygen to a dying faith. :)

@AUSTERLITZ - dug this up :tup:
wUEfliu.png

Last edited:

Indeed.

LOL.....no but you have quoted the translations by the same "scholar" :lol:

It reflects on the credibility of your source. Only you are too dumb to realize it.

The Rg Ved can be translate in many ways,

It has a Ritualistic approach that invokes the rituals of the yajna. Sayana has provide extensive commentary on this.

It has been translated using a Linguistic approach which translates the meaning of the words based on what they might have meant in PIE (Proto-Indo-European) by reconstructing meanings based on the meaning in other Indo-European languages.

This is what you are quoting and is discredit by any and all hindu scholars.

Rg Ved can be translated using Panani grammar and most hindu scholars have also provided this translation, however this has not religious or spiritual significance.

Then finally there is the Philosophical approach to understanding the Rg Veda. This is the right approach and the one even Swami Vivekananda stressed on.

Back
Top Bottom