What's new

UPA's Pink Revolution Makes India World's Biggest Beef Exporter

LOL.....no but you have quoted the translations by the same "scholar" :lol:

It reflects on the credibility of your source. Only you are too dumb to realize it.

The Rg Ved can be translate in many ways,

It has a Ritualistic approach that invokes the rituals of the yajna. Sayana has provide extensive commentary on this.

It has been translated using a Linguistic approach which translates the meaning of the words based on what they might have meant in PIE (Proto-Indo-European) by reconstructing meanings based on the meaning in other Indo-European languages.

This is what you are quoting and is discredit by any and all hindu scholars.

Rg Ved can be translated using Panani grammar and most hindu scholars have also provided this translation, however this has not religious or spiritual significance.

Then finally there is the Philosophical approach to understanding the Rg Veda. This is the right approach and the one even Swami Vivekananda stressed on.

So ur approach allowed u to insert a word that didn't exist.Quite an approach i must say.Stop trying to evade and answer to the point.

The word soma is not even in the verse and u inserted it?Sloppy.Soma is called soma in sankrit.

LOL....that is because Uksha refers to a medicinal herb, also known as Soma, not Bull in this context.

But this is what you get for debating with a fool. :cheesy:

Show me one current succesful modern nation state based on religion as primary philosophy.Don't go back to middle ages,u'll only succeed in destroying the nation.Secondly none of you could show or deny the evidence from scriptures on this imaginery ban.

Most of South American countries are very comfortable in their identity as catholic states. They do not have to make it official. All the UAE countries are pretty successful too. Russia is very certain of its as the protector of its Orthodox Christianity. USA itself prides itself on its Judeo-Christian identity. None of these countries are scared of their skin as India is. About relevance of scriptures or evidence from scriptures, I have no idea. I am not a very religious person myself. But I do know, we are not people of the book and we don't look into the book for everything unlike certain communities.

Vivekananda's point is actually a little politically incorrect today. He said that we should give up our weakness and take up a more violent and militant form. In many ways he gave oxygen to a dying faith. :)

@AUSTERLITZ - dug this up :tup:
wUEfliu.png

Excellent post, this would be the philosophical translation of the Rg Ved. :tup:

Excellent post, this would be the philosophical translation of the Rg Ved. :tup:
Hey I don't know much about it. :ashamed: I just know how to search. Deciphering it correctly is beyond my capability. Sometime I will go to Benaras Hindu University and learn more about this. :D

LOL....that is because Uksha refers to a medicinal herb, also known as Soma, not Bull in this context.

But this is what you get for debating with a fool. :cheesy:

Uksno is translated bull .

Most of South American countries are very comfortable in their identity as catholic states. They do not have to make it official. All the UAE countries are pretty successful too. Russia is very certain of its as the protector of its Orthodox Christianity. USA itself prides itself on its Judeo-Christian identity. None of these countries are scared of their skin as India is. About relevance of scriptures or evidence from scriptures, I have no idea. I am not a very religious person myself. But I do know, we are not people of the book and we don't look into the book for everything unlike certain communities.

Indeed everyone knows we are a hindu majority country,we don't need to make it official either.As for middle east if ur talking about rich shieks and their oil wealth as success,ur standrads are different.Russia is still officially secular.Also don't forget for bulk of the past century when russia was superpower she was atheist.China is atheist,is she not successful?USA is secular,identity is not the same as declared state religion.Indian identity is intimately entwined with hinduism and no one has any problem with that.
Exactly i too am not a man of the book and neither is blind adherence the indic way,i'm just doing this to deal with this manu baba.You will never have found me in 9yrs of my staying on this forum debating about scriptures.

Last edited:
Vivekananda's point is actually a little politically incorrect today. He said that we should give up our weakness and take up a more violent and militant form. In many ways he gave oxygen to a dying faith. :)

@AUSTERLITZ - dug this up :tup:
wUEfliu.png

Where was soma in this as manvantru claimed?If everyone translates acc to their own wish,then scripture is more or less just each to his own?

Where was soma in this as manvantru claimed?If everyone translates acc to their own wish,then scripture is more or less just each to his own?
I did not say it's there. I don't see Bull either. :P
Seems like some natural powerful herb.
:unsure:

LOL....ya and Indra cooked the intestine of dog and ate it in despair :lol:

Again trying to evade by dogs?Take the second verse.The word mahish is clearly mentioned there.Will u also translate it as soma?Especially when soma is seperately mentioned there?

Uksno is translated bull .

Indeed everyone knows we are a hindu majority country,we don't need to make it official either.As for middle east if ur talking about rich shieks and their oil wealth as success,ur standrads are different.Russia is still officially secular.Also don't forget for bulk of the past century when russia was superpower she was atheist.China is atheist,is she not successful?USA is secular,identity is not the same as declared state religion.Indian identity is intimately entwined with hinduism and no one has any problem with that.
Exactly i too am not a man of the book and neither is blind adherence the indic way,i'm just doing this to deal with this manu baba.You will never have found me in 9yrs of my staying on this forum debating about scriptures.

No they did not have to make it official because of the utter contempt they held other religions in. So they were too superior to even think about going secular. As can be seen from only Christian holidays being their state holidays. By the way none of them have riots and minority religions do not have a say in what happens in those countries. They are all much more successful economically than India too. Russia failed as a communist state and has learnt from its mistake and gone back to its identity as an Orthodox state. Orthodoxy is the only religion given state support including building churches on state expense. While mosques and Hindu temples are not favored at all. Russia also is more successful than India. UAE sheikdoms are very successful than India too. They hardly have riots and they are very clear about their identity. There are many many form of govts in the world, for all your moralistic almost pathological attachment to secularism, India comes in the bottom heap of countries which had potential but never realized any precisely because of its wrong preoccupation with esoteric ideas, i.e. secularism. Chinese govt built the spring Buddha temple. It never built a mosque. China knows its identity too. Its govt officially invited Hindu priest and preacher to preach in China too. It does not tolerate Christianity as such. China is very successful too.

So no country, let me repeat no country in this world has run shy of the religion of its majority people unlike India. They are all far far more successful than India too.

Good now you admit that our identity is intrinsically linked to Hinduism, but what our seculars have been doing is inducing contempt for the very same identity and encouraging people to rebel and tear it down. Including people who are beef promoters.

No they did not have to make it official because of the utter contempt they held other religions in. So they were too superior to even think about going secular. As can be seen from only Christian holidays being their state holidays. By the way none of them have riots and minority religions do not have a say in what happens in those countries. They are all much more successful economically than India too. Russia failed as a communist state and has learnt from its mistake and gone back to its identity as an Orthodox state. Orthodoxy is the only religion given state support including building churches on state expense. While mosques and Hindu temples are not favored at all. Russia also is more successful than India. UAE sheikdoms are very successful than India too. They hardly have riots and they are very clear about their identity. There are many many form of govts in the world, for all your moralistic almost pathological attachment to secularism, India comes in the bottom heap of countries which had potential but never realized any precisely because of its wrong preoccupation with esoteric ideas, i.e. secularism. Chinese govt built the spring Buddha temple. It never built a mosque. China knows its identity too. Its govt officially invited Hindu priest and preacher to preach in China too. It does not tolerate Christianity as such. China is very successful too.

So no country, let me repeat no country in this world has run shy of the religion of its majority people unlike India. They are all far far more successful than India too.

Good now you admit that our identity is intrinsically linked to Hinduism, but what our seculars have been doing is inducing contempt for the very same identity and encouraging people to rebel and tear it down. Including people who are beef promoters.

Complete falsehood.USA and european populace holds other religions in contempt?No,they have issues with islam but are generally people who are not religious except the core believers every community has.Atheism is on the rise.Christmas is part of their culture.Even here durgapuja is part of our culture.Everyone participates even if they are not religious.Tradition .

None of what u say is true.All the european nations and usa are officially secular.U are living in 1700s,thats when the last wars over religion ended in europe.Treaty of westphlaia 1648 marks the beginning of the end of religion as the prime mover in europe.Why would hindu temples and mosques be favoured in russia,In india what is most favoured?-temples.See the temples whose properties number in billions due to donations.Shiekdoms are based solely on oil not their merit.China is officially athiest,they don't like islam because of xinjiang uighur problem.Christianity it holds in suspect because of problems during colonial era that led to rebellions and potential increase in western influence and that of catholic church.U people live in a world where u believe religion still dictates terms,it doesn't.Economics does.Economics dictated by technology.

I have never not admitted it,the vedic religion is what created bharatvarsha.And i'm proud of our ancient history.Not so proud of the interim **** up due to same religious superstition.But now the age of religion is past.Economic development,poverty reduction,technological advancement ,education ..these things are important.Otherwise we will again fall behind.And time crushes those who fall behind.

Complete falsehood.USA and european populace holds other religions in contempt?No,they have issues with islam but are generally people who are not religious except the core believers every community has.Atheism is on the rise.Christmas is part of their culture.Even here durgapuja is part of our culture.Everyone participates even if they are not religious.Tradition .

None of what u say is true.All the european nations and usa are officially secular.U are living in 1700s,thats when the last wars over religion ended in europe.Treaty of westphlaia 1648 marks the beginning of the end of religion as the prime mover in europe.Why would hindu temples and mosques be favoured in russia,In india what is most favoured?-temples.See the temples whose properties number in billions due to donations.Shiekdoms are based solely on oil not their merit.China is officially athiest,they don't like islam because of xinjiang uighur problem.Christianity it holds in suspect because of problems during colonial era that led to rebellions and potential increase in western influence and that of catholic church.U people live in a world where u believe religion still dictates terms,it doesn't.Economics does.Economics dictated by technology.

I have never not admitted it,the vedic religion is what created bharatvarsha.And i'm proud of our ancient history.Not so proud of the interim **** up due to same religious superstition.But now the age of religion is past.Economic development,poverty reduction,technological advancement ,education ..these things are important.Otherwise we will again fall behind.And time crushes those who fall behind.

The rise of atheism is mostly in the Scandinavian nations, where the literacy rate is highest in the world. Followed by EU, Canada and US. Notice the one thing, literacy rate and ability for critical thinking. It will take few decades for atheism to get foot hold in South East Asia.

This will provide the idea.
“Nones” on the Rise | Pew Research Center's Religion & Public Life Project

Wrong reading again. Europeans gradually moved towards irreligiosity, but they still are very clear about their identity as UK has been stressing on its Christian roots, as Switzerland has banned mosque minarets. The contempt for other religions I spoke about was when those countries constitutions were being written. In USA now it is legal to religiously profile people and spy on muslims too. So much for their secularism.

Russia has a huge muslim population so when churches are being built with state money, why not mosques. Even Hindu temples are not allowed to be built as can be seen by the constant news of persecution of ISKCON time and again and the recent demolition of their only temple in Moscow.

None of the temples in India are built by the govt. Most of them are hundreds of years old. Every single one of them is built by private donations. While in Andhra pradesh the govt was sponsoring Churches and officially assisting in their maintenance and repairs. Shiekdoms are based on oil which is their resource just like other countries are based on agriculture as their resource. Depends what they did with their resources. They did not turn away from their identity. China is de facto Buddhist which is why it can build the spring temple, when is Indian govt going to build Ayodhya from state money? For all the excuses you make for China and USA about their not liking Islam, India has 1000 times more reason to not like Islam, but most seculars here are ardent promoters of Islam, and India officially preens about being the second largest muslim country.

Wrong again. The world runs on religion. That is why the Pope received so much coverage and the Western news media is trying to turn him into a new age icon. That is why there are religious wars with mostly Muslim countries being beaten up by Christian countries.

Back
Top Bottom