What's new

UPA's Pink Revolution Makes India World's Biggest Beef Exporter

My theory is that to support an extremely large population with primitive techniques of farming, society has to be either 100% vegetarian or omnivore.
Chinese choose to be omnivorous- they ate everything from dogs to worms to sharks
Indians choose to be vegetarians and in such a scenario cow were very important since cow milk is a freely available source of proteins.So people started worshiping cows and gradually it became a dogma.
People in parts of India drank cow urine because cows used to eat fresh plants in the old days and cow urine had all the water soluble vitamins.This too became a dogma eventually.

We need to move away from such dogmas.

Why do you want to move away from the dogma of worshiping life giving cows ? ..... so that you can eat them ?

People are stupid too ....... what is your point ?

Din't you go to school ? ..... pick up your civic text book again.

Well, havent read much about it for years...... but instead of getting rude, you could have just posted it.

Anyways, I am not gonna believe everything people post on forums...

Anyways OT, one can believe whatever one wants to... but forcing ones beliefs on others is wrong.

Luckily, people in my state are tolerant... you can find restaurants serving all kinds of meat sources standing next to pure veg ones while a halal food restaurant is standing just opposite of them... no issues, no problems, everyone lives and let lives.

Last edited:
Well, havent read much about it for years...... but instead of getting rude, you could have just posted it.

Anyways, I am not gonna believe everything people post on forums...

........and instead of asking me you could have just used google. Do you expect me to compensate for your laziness.

My theory is that to support an extremely large population with primitive techniques of farming, society has to be either 100% vegetarian or omnivore.
Chinese choose to be omnivorous- they ate everything from dogs to worms to sharks
Indians choose to be vegetarians and in such a scenario cow were very important since cow milk is a freely available source of proteins.So people started worshiping cows and gradually it became a dogma.
People in parts of India drank cow urine because cows used to eat fresh plants in the old days and cow urine had all the water soluble vitamins.This too became a dogma eventually.

We need to move away from such dogmas.

But India is not a vegetarian country, only some parts of it are.

Guys its not Cow meat, but Bufallo meat.

India's exports are exclusively deboned frozen buffalo meat (carabeef) which is included in USDA's global estimates of beef (bovine) meat production. According to the most recent Indian Livestock Census (2007), buffalo comprise approximately one-third of the bovine herd. Buffalo are preferred to cattle due to their adaptability to climatic conditions and high milk fat content as dairy production fuels the bovine sector. Federal law prohibitsthe slaughter of all cattle (male and female ) as well asproductive (in milk) bovines(cattle and buffalo). Thus beef/carabeef production is driven by buffalo slaughter which is allowed, albeit restricted to males and unproductive females.

r7t8pg.jpg

http://www.fas.usda.gov/psdonline/circulars/livestock_poultry.pdf

Back
Top Bottom