What's new

Unmasked: the man behind top Islamic State Twitter account

Executive from Bengaluru operates ISIS Twitter handle - The Times of India

BENGALURU: Central intelligence agencies are in town after a British News Channel tracked down, the operator of one of ISIS's most successful twitter account, @ShamiWitness, to Bengaluru.

The man identified as Mehdi, works with multinational advertisement firm in the city and lives with his family here.

This particular twitter handle went on air last year and since has been posting photos and videos of ISIS aggression. He even posted ISIS updates from the front lines.

"If I had a chance, I would have left everything and joined them. But my family needs me here," he told the channel. He also said he is in contact with British jihadis and announced he believes in beheading.

City police said they are coordinating with central agencies but believes he must have left the city already.

The account, which had nearly 18,000 followers, has shut down following reports.

On Twitter, the account was reportedly followed by jihadist fighters and Middle East analysts.

He had been encouraging ISIS fighters through his tweets, and had several times posted the video of US aid worker Peter Kassig's beheading.

Channel 4 reported that his Facebook account was markedly different and had routine updates about dinners and work parties.

TOI has contacted Bengaluru police and Twitter India for comment. Details and confirmation awaited.

another sympathizer for ISIS :rofl::rofl:. i hope he went to join with ISIS camp and soon he will return to home after cleaning their toilets and chaddis...:lol::lol:

Indian Muslims never feel the urge to join Indian army. But if its LeT,SIMI or ISIS then they are up for it. It's a great relief they are only good at washing clothers/utensils and cleaning toilets.

It's not true at all.

Majority of Indian Muslims are not only just as talented as others, they also join the Army, and all other forces to help keep India safe and secure.

Please do not make such offensive statements.

biswas. bong or eastern...

this internet warrior is gonna get it. lol...

My uncles and my cousins are in the army. They themselves say it's rare to find Muslims in the army.

Many Muslims deserted the army during war with Pakistan. This is a secret which won't get revealed in public.

Jesus-facepalm.jpg

My uncles and my cousins are in the army. They themselves say it's rare to find Muslims in the army.

Many Muslims deserted the army during war with Pakistan. This is a secret which won't get revealed in public.
Not they did not. Your statement is factually incorrect. I can assure you.

Indian Muslims are becoming more and more like their Wahabi cousins. I've to give it to Jaamia Deoband, they are masters at creating brain-dead zombies! :D
This is today's news:

Sectarian strike singes Bhopal, 75 critically hurt - The Times of India

"We were tense all night. As soon as we slept, thousands of people barged into our colony. They set our houses and vehicles ablaze. The cops were nowhere to be seen as the violence spiraled," said Bano Bi, 26.

Shabir Hussain, 20, said, "I heard an announcement from a religious establishment, egging attackers to chop off our heads."

Around 70 families with a population of 200 belonging to a religious sect moved to Aman Colony a year ago. The colony is hemmed in by members of another community, who are opposed to the presence of the minority group in the neighbourhood, said police. Most of the houses are newly constructed.

-----------------------------
This was Sunni's doing this to Shia's. I dont quite understand why is it that in 99% of the terror and violence problems Sunni's are involved. Wahhabis and Deobandis and other assorted varieties are merely sympatomatic of the problem. I dont know the real cause/problem of the Sunni's is. Shia's on the other hand are far better integrated in India - better jobs, better education levels, better integration in society.

And I dont facking understand what the Government of Madhya Pradesh was doing, they bloody get paid to run the state and to prevent these kinds of issues. Some one in the Police and the Government needs to be fired for this.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom