What's new

UNHRC resolution on Sri Lanka adopted

it boggles my mind that in an attempt to please the west and remain off their radar, the bhartis did nothing beyond lip service to SL during its fight against LTTE.....given your proximity, you couldve lent a hand (equipment, logistical support, etc)

you guys lost Sri Lankan influence to China

and despite non-participation and this publicity stunt @ UNSC, many tamilnadu walas are talking about establishing "Eelam" in TN.

May that plan take fruition.

You guys and China provided heavy artillery and other powerful weapons. Still they would not have been enough to destroy LTTE - the one reason why LTTE was defeated and destroyed was because eight of their highseas floating weapons warehouses were destroyed with help from Indian navy and LTTE was starved of weapons - for example, at one point they were left with no mortars. Otherwise there would have been mass casualty on both sides.

And Mr.expert on TN - you have not answered the question about how mant TN walas talking about Eelam in TN or are you just shooting off your mouth for the sake of it?

it boggles my mind that in an attempt to please the west and remain off their radar, the bhartis did nothing beyond lip service to SL during its fight against LTTE.....given your proximity, you couldve lent a hand (equipment, logistical support, etc)

you guys lost Sri Lankan influence to China

and despite non-participation and this publicity stunt @ UNSC, many tamilnadu walas are talking about establishing "Eelam" in TN.

May that plan take fruition.

Wishful thinking fills the night...

Once again, this is not East Pakistan.

As regards SL, I conceded it would have been best if things hadn't gone this way. But since they have - a way shall be found around it.

:lol: not from you atleast. chinese sposnored ? come on China and Pakistan helped Sri Lanka against dreaded LTTE TERRORISTS

It is China that wants to benefit from this military cooperation, by making these Generals some kind of players in Srilankan politics.

Chinese lost here at UN and their move was effectively countered :cheers:

good.....push them closer to China and the encircling of bharat can slowly take fruition

come on....set up bases in Sri Lanka that'll never happen, China chooses then we've our cards in Vietnam...and Di you think incase of war Chinese troops can come to its assistance from that far...from my state(Tn) missiles and planes fly over Sri Lanka , who'll cone for the rescue ?

see the news, all this MPs of dmk who went away from congress their houses been raided by cbi,.... Sonia is a big hitch and now . you can clearly see that cbi is Sonya's hitch

Whats new in that CBI has become a joke in Govt. matters, CBI n Inc Tax dept were even harassing business tycoons for investing in Gujrat....:lol:

What ever happens Srilanka cannot ignore India, India is not against any development in Srilanka. India only want a civilian setup not a military set up which chinese are trying hard over the past years.

at present its difficult to ignore india but that's a paradigm of sorts which PRC would be aiming to change; from their perspective, it's a brilliant policy and now given india's attempt to play diplomatic leverage card (a failing one) China would move right in to assuage their fears and veto any bill seen as detrimental to SL's standing on the world stage

truth is - they had a nasty civil war and they crushed the enemies that were engaging in terrorism and sabotage against the state...i think history will favourably judge SL govt/armed forces and the countries it cooperated with to end the menace

india's policy is a miserably failed one, in my view...

come on....set up bases in Sri Lanka that'll never happen, China chooses then we've our cards in Vietnam...and Di you think incase of war Chinese troops can come to its assistance from that far...from my state(Tn) missiles and planes fly over Sri Lanka , who'll cone for the rescue ?

missiles from who to who?

surely you dont mean to Chinese interests? They will turn tamilnadu into target practice

Why Indians think of going to WAR against Sri Lanka in the first place? that too over internal matter of Sri Lanka

It is China that wants to benefit from this military cooperation, by making these Generals some kind of players in Srilankan politics.

Chinese lost here at UN and their move was effectively countered :cheers:

:laugh: Indians trying to ride over US move . funny.

Infact Indians lost here.

CHINA-SRI LANKA cooperation is going to strengthened and Pakistan should also support Sri Lanka militarily

Why Indians think of going to WAR against Sri Lanka in the first place? that too over internal matter of Sri Lanka

CHINA-SRI LANKA cooperation is going to strengthened and Pakistan should also support Sri Lanka militarily

Maybe you need to know the history. Maybe not missiles but a precedence has been set before. Rumour mills were going around in 1980s that SL was inviting US to setup naval base in Trincomalee and guess what - Rajiv flew planes over Jaffna violating SL space - Operation Poomalai and what SL did? Came running to Delhi and signed the Rajiv-Jayawardene accord. So what is India lacking is a strong leadership like Rajiv.

And US navy in 1980s were much more powerful than today's PLAN - PLAN is just taking baby steps for its blue water capabilities.

missiles from who to who?
surely you dont mean to Chinese interests? They will turn tamilnadu into target practice

ofcourse I'm talking about Chinese bases in Sri Lanka if they've any in war...target practice ? ha ha just like we did to Karachi port in 71 isn't it......Chinese setting up base in Sri Lanka= suicide ....... again who will come for aid pn?.... try coming out of your coasts first

And Mr.expert on TN - you have not answered the question about how mant TN walas talking about Eelam in TN or are you just shooting off your mouth for the sake of it?

Sadly it seems google isn't returning anything presentable to the self anointed expert on TN affairs.

WILL BJP GOVT do that if they come to power in coming elections?

I DONT think so.

Nobody will do that unless DMK replaces both BJP n Congress at the center....:lol:

DMK is already anti BJP n pro Congress, even after withdrawing support they have left an option open for Congress to make a compromise n Congress has already ordered CBI to raid DMK members houses, looks like its gonna be a hard bargain...:)

Saddest part is India did not have much of a say.. It's US and China whos playing the power game in the region.. India is being reduced to a lap dog of US policy on her own back yard.. Ideally it should have been India to move a resolution in her favour for or against SL not the US.. But alas she is a hostage to her own politics over vital national interests

Back
Top Bottom