What's new

Unbelievably intricate Temples (Must see!!)

..Can't find the appropriate word to praise these works.. awesome

5297015213_1f18c2bc5b_z.jpg

5297015309_2b5852dda6_z.jpg

AWSOME....... Going to visit whole INDIA in 2013......... thanx for sharing..........

17131287.jpg

Somnath Mandir
Somnath (Nr Veraval), Saurashtra

Shiva Temple, containing one of the 12 Sacred Jyotirlingas that are located across India.

The current temple is the 6th that has been constructed at Somnath after repeated attacks and destruction over the course of history. In this regard, the very existence of a temple at Somnath today is a great inspiration to many.

800px-Kolkatatemple.jpg

Dakshineswar.jpg

Dakshineswar Kali Temple, West Bengal

162685_1739996420952_1269910519_31979238_1489654_n.jpg

Jagannath Temple, Puri, Orissa

Sringeri Temple Karnataka is the first maţha established by Adi Shankaracharya, Hindu theologian and exponent of the Advaita Vedanta philosophy, in the 8th century C.E.
images

images

images

images

images

images

Centuries of hand feeding have made these fish quite tame. Shops there sell rice puffs to feed them. I actually fed them by hand.
images

images

I dont think so some of the places are just temples, they are like a ruler's home etc. put some light on it.

I dont think so some of the places are just temples, they are like a ruler's home etc. put some light on it.

Which one do you think is a palace?:what: As far as I know all the one's posted till now are temples.

=========================================================================

Palitana Jain Temples, Gujarat, Built 11th-12th Century

Palitana is one of India's most picturesque pilgrim centres. Lying at the foot of Shatrunjaya Hill, it has 863 exquisitely carved temples built in marble over an impressive span of nine hundred years. The architectural appeal of Palitana transcends religious boundaries and attracts tourists of all faiths. Patlitana is also a living sacred symbol of Jainism.

Palitana39.jpg

Palitana55.jpg

Palitana61.jpg

Palitana35.jpg

Palitana24.jpg

Palitana42.jpg

newp28bv.jpg

Actually it was quite common for rulers to build elaborate temples resembling a palatial ground. Some rulers did it to make their kingdom the centre of culture in the Land,others did it to atone for all the killings they would've done in some military conquest.
Besides, during those times, the scientists, architects,doctors and priests were all Bramhins. The same guy who would design the palace would also design the temple.

just look at the sheer size of it ...wow....how come i never heard of this place b4..:woot: ...damn ..im jealous that it isnt in india :agree:....and kudos to Cambodian gov n people who have done exlnt job in preservng this temple(somtng we should learn) :yahoo:...

posting some Bangladeshi temples.... though they are nowhere comparing to indian temples..........

Kantajees+Temple+%255BDinajpur%255D.jpg

moheshkhalitemple13.jpg

dhakesshwaritemple18.jpg

sivatemple21.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom