What's new

Unbelievably intricate Temples (Must see!!)

^^^

That's in Cambodia?

Yep, its in Combodia, Hinduism was once spread to far east and we knew only a little about them, though the temple was built in 12th century its existance was popularised only in the 19th century.
This temple was built by Suryavarman 2 as a Hindu temple dedicated to the Lord Vishnu and after the sacking of the city by Chams the enemyes of the Khmer civilization, the subsecuent ruler Jayaverman believed that the Hindu Gods failed to protect them and turned to Budhism.

This is what I call our true heritage, simply amazing! !ncredible !ndia !!
I hope one day we have a sacred place of hinduism which is kind of a head quarters like Vatican City of Christianity(Catholics).

Wow this is so amazing to watch ... 2 words ......... Fascinating and mystical , kinda takes one back in middle ages tropical and exotic India , specially the mythical times described in Hindu religious scriptures .

This is what I call our true heritage, simply amazing! !ncredible !ndia !!
I hope one day we have a sacred place of hinduism which is kind of a head quarters like Vatican City of Christianity(Catholics).

Why should we. Hinduism is a religion which gives maximum freedom to their believers on how they chose to reach God. I don't want some Hindu Pope to tell me what to do or how I should worship or how I interpret my religion.

FYI do you know that many Christians detest the idea of a foreigner (ie the Pope) sitting in a far away place ,regulating their religion. The protestants, anglican chruch all was born of that resentment.

271899196069f9438a07o.jpg

34bae507.jpg

7d032120.jpg

00f1a2c9.jpg

img3411j.jpg

Chidambaram Temple

FYI do you know that many Christians detest the idea of a foreigner (ie the Pope) sitting in a far away place ,regulating their religion. The protestants, anglican chruch all was born of that resentment.
The protestants were formed by a rebellion of Christians who were liberals and believed in science...,The catholics tried to dictate there own terms.
Hinduism can never be like that...This country should be a place to fall back on ..a hub a warm place where people come to re solidify there understanding of there culture and heritage and. Even if we make our head quarters here it would only be a place of learning and understanding. A place to remember from where it all started and will remain.:tup:

thgallery-warangal-1000pillers-temple5.jpg

gallery-warangal-1000pillers-temple2.jpg

gallery-warangal-1000pillers-temple3.jpg

warangal 1000 pillar temple

184612_147779675282975_100001528305156_304687_2259905_n.jpg

2912581240104424329OKlGUZ_ph.jpg

IMG_0565.jpg

the temple of 1,000 pillars destroyed by the 17th Century Portuguese invaders

gallery-warangal-badrakali-temple.jpg

ramappa-temple.jpg

ramappa_temple_inside.jpg

210762d1255630765-xinging-around-andaman-nicobar-tamilnadu-041.jpg

Ramappa Temple
it took 40 years to build this..
The temple had remained intact after repeated wars, invasions and natural disasters. There was a major earthquake during the 17th century which caused some damage.the main entrance gate in the outer wall of the temple is ruined
800px-Ramappa3.jpg

800px-Ramappa4.jpg

Ramappa%2BTemple.jpg

Natya-Mandapam-Roof-1000-Pillar-Temple.jpg

Too Good! I have been to some of these and it's damn fascinating even to imagine how much hard word, planning, care, enthusiasm and resources would have gone in building of these temples that too 100s of years ago

Back
Top Bottom