What's new

Unbelievable Marksmanship by a Pakistan Tank Gunner

Good shooting but not unbelievable.

With LRF an intelligent gunner can achieve such kills

that's a type 59 tank. It was designed and made in 50s, I think this might have a LRF though, nevertheless this 4 decade old metal can still shoot accurately that's a surprise to me.

superb fire....seriusly its like sniper.. one shot one kill

Sure it is not an upgrade Type 69-II?

• Type 69-IIA - First production version released in 1982, fitted with:
    • Type 69-II 100 mm rifled gun
    • New FCS system with:
      • TSFC 2-axis gun stabilization
      • Type 70 gunner sight
      • TCRLA Laser rangefinder
      • BCLA Ballistic computer
    • Type 889 radio
    • Rubber track skirts
    • Storage racks on turret
    • Smoke grenade launchers
    • 2 diamond shaped oil cap on angled plate behind engine deck

This version was widely exported and produced under license in Pakistan by Heavy Industries Taxila (HIT).

400 Type 69-II tanks in service

Type 69/79 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

4751214831_4d3a0068d3.jpg

Type_69-II_Iraq_2.jpg

This is good markmanship. But we have to ask how many bulls eye did the gunner achieve in 10 shots. I can also have bulls eye by chance may not be a good shot. You have to have consistency and show that you can hit the target in 10 consecutive shots on different days with varied weather.

Lol, When he first said allah u akbar, i was like, ISIS has tanks?
we are bombarded with that kind of footage now we don't have good imagination over hearing 'takbeer'.. similary when we see beard we imagine negative images only.... too bad ...

we are bombarded with that kind of footage now we don't have good imagination over hearing 'takbeer'.. similary when we see beard we imagine negative images only.... too bad ...

True.
those cowards have ruined the image of many things...

You seem to know what you are talking about, any time in artillery or armour?

It is rare , more so when the target is uphill with no way to apply corrections when the round goes over the target.

The Gunner fired an HE round and I suspect he did it applying corrections observing the fall of shot as is done in tank gunnery.

The tank gun can be used like an arty gun when the azimuth indicator is used.

Besides the gunner its the tank that needs commendation - Good T&A of its gun & linkages.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom