UN chief slams execution of Mollah

genmirajborgza786

PDF VETERAN
Reaction score
Country
Canada
UN chief slams execution of Mollah
unban.jpeg

UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has deplored the execution of Bangladesh opposition leader Abdul Quader Mollah, and called for restraint on part of all sides and refrain from violence. “The secretary-General regrets that this execution took place,” his spokesman Martin Nesirky told the regular news briefing at UN Headquarters in New York on Friday. “He (the secretary-general) had discouraged this action, both given its potential to incite violence, particularly in this sensitive time prior to the elections, as well as the United Nations’ firm position which is to oppose the imposition of the death penalty under any circumstances, even for the most serious international crimes,” the spokesman said. “He also encourages the growing trend towards a phasing out of the death penalty.

“The Secretary-General calls on all sides to exercise restraint and refrainfrom violence.”
In Geneva, the office for the High Commissioner for Human Rights also called for restraint from all sides to avoid further political instability and encourages a meaningful dialogue to resolve this situation.
Mollah was condemned to life imprisonment by the so-called BangladeshInternational Crimes Tribunal, a special domestic court with the jurisdiction and competence to try and punish any person accused of committing atrocities, including genocide, war crimes and crimes against humanity, in Bangladesh,including during the country’s 1971 independence war. He was born on 14 August 1948 in Faridpur, Bangladesh.
After the Prosecution appealed the Tribunal’s decision to sentence him tolife imprisonment, the country’s Supreme Court sentenced Mollah to death on 17 September, and he was executed on Thursday.

UN chief slams execution of Mollah - Click Ittefaq | Click Ittefaq

these UN and human rights folks are always too concerned with lives of terrorists

these UN and human rights folks are always too concerned with lives of terrorists

There is something called the rule of law.

Whatever he did, you do not set up a kangaroo court to kill him.

BD is so much the worse for having done this.

Because the world doesn't function on hindutvadasi moral compass, if there is one to begin with.

Oh damned those evil cyber and non cyber hindutuva .. life would be soo good without em :(

@UKBengali just because you don't like the court order does not mean it was a kangaroo court. He was found guilty in the court of law and sentenced to death for his crimes... some people(maybe not you) are getting too butt hurt and some how in some twisted sense of logic want to blame hindutva/India/RAW/Martians .... etc.... etc...

Oh damned those evil cyber and non cyber hindutuva .. life would be soo good without em :(

@UKBengali just because you don't like the court order does not mean it was a kangaroo court. He was found guilty in the court of law and sentenced to death for his crimes... some people(maybe not you) are getting too butt hurt and some how in some twisted sense of logic want to blame hindutva/India/RAW/Martians .... etc.... etc...

The court did not follow due process as a court should do.

You may not care but I do not want the BD justice system turning into a Kangaroo set-up.

This sets up a very dangerous precedence for the BD legal system.

Because the world doesn't function on hindutvadasi moral compass, if there is one to begin with.
World? Talk bout your countru per se. Your so called hindutvavadi stuff is already in practice with christian world. You know whats WAR ON TERROR? So before pointing on our ideology, do care bout someone already scrwing you.

The court did not follow due process as a court should do.

You may not care but I do not want the BD justice system turning into a Kangaroo set-up.

This sets up a very dangerous precedence for the BD legal system.
Fuget that. Talk bout the result. Do u oppose Molla's execution for his crimes?

Fuget that. Talk bout the result. Do u oppose Molla's execution for his crimes?

The issue is following a just legal process, not whether he deserved to be executed.

A civilised country does not set up kangaroo courts to execute it's political opponents.

The issue is following a just legal process, not whether he deserved to be executed.

A civilised country does not set up kangaroo courts to execute it's political opponents.
Why do u call it a kangaroo court? In what way did it not follow normal BD/International Law?

Why do u call it a kangaroo court? In what way did it not follow normal BD/International Law?

Well, BD High Court is full of Awami League loyalists and he never had a chance to appeal his sentence for a start. Awami League has destroyed the justice system in BD since coming to power.

The whole process is flawed from the word go. I am not going to go into any of the other irregularities.

Well, BD High Court is full of Awami League loyalists and he never had a chance to appeal his sentence for a start. Awami League has destroyed the justice system in BD since coming to power.

The whole process is flawed from the word go. I am not going to go into any of the other irregularities.
why has bd still not made robust institutions. Why is it so easy to change judges there, in India, known corrupt judges cannot be removed so easily, because the task is made nearly impossible by the procedure to be followed.

why has bd still not made robust institutions. Why is it so easy to change judges there, in India, known corrupt judges cannot be removed so easily, because the task is made nearly impossible by the procedure to be followed.

I do not know enough about BD to be able to say why it is so easy.

Maybe @Loki can answer.

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."

religious leaders contribute nothing to society. They leech of people's fears, their insecurities and consolidate their power by holding back Humanity.

Galileo is an example.

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."

religious leaders contribute nothing to society. They leech of people's fears, their insecurities and consolidate their power by holding back Humanity.

Galileo is an example.
the criticism is, due process was not followed, and looking at bangladeshi political scene, I wont be surprised....

the criticism is, due process was not followed, and looking at bangladeshi political scene, I wont be surprised....

I agree.

But i won't be shedding a tear for this guy. Nor any of the Mullahs, gurus, Bishops who preach ignorance.

Back
Top Bottom