What's new

Ukraine's Lesson For Pakistan: Never Give Up Nuclear Weapons

On this occasion Nawaz Sharif seemed nearly paralyzed with exhaustion, anguish, and fear. He was—literally, just as Clinton had sensed during their phone call—wringing his hands. He had yet to make up his mind, he kept telling us. Left to his own judgment, he would not test.

View attachment 818383

No wonder Mushy put him in jail :lol:
My leader looks so sad that obama is leaving presidency
Such a humane leader
Best way is to have economy that cn support your war

At this rate you will end up like sovit union country with 30,000 nuclear and 1 million tanks

Well it seems , the problem in Ukraine started after they installed Anti Ballistic missiles (belonging to USA) on their soil , it made Russians angry
What anti ballistic missiles in Ukraine? Stop making stuff up.

My leader looks so sad that obama is leaving presidency
Such a humane leader

Best way is to have economy that cn support your war

At this rate you will end up like sovit union country with 30,000 nuclear and 1 million tanks
You can't build your economy if you loose your independence.

Total garbage comparison. Ukarain to Russia is like Afghanistan to Pakistan.

Pakistan is conventionally very strong and no do over for India. Its rougly twice stronger then Pakistan.

Pakistan Nuclear weapons are a deterrant against Indian Nuclear weapons. (India Acquired Nukes first).If some one can believe Indian Airforce can achieve air superiority over Pakistan skies and Indian Army can occupy Pakistan thrn Kudos on their Brains.
Infact when Pakistan started Nuclear Program , It was the time Soviet Union was gobling up asia and was an Indian Ally and the biggest threat to Pro West Pakistan. That was very different paradigm. Thats why US literally allowed us to develope under its nose.

Also Ukarain did not have nuclear program. It inherited Nuclear warheads placed on Ukarain territory. And it is like having bullets without guns. Unlike Pakistan which developed its own program.

On this occasion Nawaz Sharif seemed nearly paralyzed with exhaustion, anguish, and fear. He was—literally, just as Clinton had sensed during their phone call—wringing his hands. He had yet to make up his mind, he kept telling us. Left to his own judgment, he would not test.

View attachment 818383

No wonder Mushy put him in jail :lol:

Noora Sharif knew very well, that if he wouldn't order the testing, then someone else is going to do it, instead of him; so he did it, under severe compulsion.

Its more like Pakistans-lesson to Ukraine never give up nuclear weapons, we aren't and inshallah will never get invaded and if we do then ohhh there goes off the bomb !!

Both Libya and Ukraine have shown nuclear weapons states that giving up nukes is the worst decision they could ever make.

Expect DPRK, Pakistan, India and Israel to double down on their nuclear arsenals. Also expect Iran to accelerate its nuclear program.

Ukraine had the third largest nuclear arsenal in the world before it got rid of them in exchange for Russian and American assurances of security guarantees.

Not only that. It wasn't Russia which pushed them into that. It was the West.

Look it up in the Internet.

Ukelaine gave up nukes as a condition for receiving oodles of development aid promised by the West, which, of course, never followed. Their promise of EU integration, and NATO accession in nineties were also a lie.

Screenshot_20220225-094306_Twitter.jpg

#India avoids condemning #Russian invasion of #Ukraine, keeps aloof from #Biden’s coalition against #Moscow. #Modi’s balancing act is proving increasingly difficult this week as Russian tanks and fighters bear down on #Kyiv. #China #Pakistan #geopolitics https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/02/25/india-ukraine-russia-biden/?tid=ss_tw

Today, Russia has leased a nuclear submarine to India. Russian scientists are helping develop India’s hypersonic missile program. Russian T-90 tanks form the backbone of India’s ground forces, and Russian MiG and Sukhoi fighter jets are mainstays in its air force. The Indian navy’s flagship is an aircraft carrier — a “Kiev-class” — purchased from Russia.

According to the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute, Russia is by far India’s largest arms supplier, accounting for 70 percent of India’s imports between 2011 and 2015 and roughly half between 2015 and 2020. India recently purchased Russian S-400 antiaircraft missiles, which could trigger U.S. sanctions.

-----------

Since Russian President Vladimir Putin unleashed a large-scale attack against Ukraine on Thursday, the Biden administration has sought to rally allies and partners to condemn Russian aggression and join in trade and financial sanctions.

One country that has conspicuously rebuffed Biden’s appeals is India, a rising Asian power that relies on Moscow for almost all its advanced weapons.

For years, India has juggled its close relations with Russia — an enduring legacy of the Cold War — with its fast-growing ties with the United States, which has envisioned India as a crucial partner in its long-term strategy to counter China’s rise.

Blinken pulls India closer amid challenges in Afghanistan, China

But India’s balancing act is proving increasingly difficult this week as Russian tanks and fighters bear down on Kyiv in a war that has drawn a thick line between the West and Russia, with only China as Moscow’s major economic and diplomatic backer.

While Japan, Australia and the United States all unveiled new export bans against Russia on Thursday and Friday, India — the fourth leg of the grouping known as the Quad — demurred, highlighting a glaring fissure in one of the key American partnerships that Biden has pledged to repair and strengthen.

In remarks Thursday, Biden urged countries to take a stand against Putin, saying that “any nation that countenances Russia’s naked aggression against Ukraine will be stained by association.” The United States was pressing India about its stance toward Russia, Biden told reporters. “We haven’t resolved that completely,” he added.

Shortly after Biden spoke, the State Department said Secretary Antony Blinken held a call with his Indian counterpart, Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, to discuss “the importance of a strong collective response to Russian aggression.” India issued only a terse acknowledgment that the call took place.

Meanwhile on Thursday, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi spoke with Putin and called for “concerted efforts from all sides to return to the path of diplomatic negotiations,” according to a readout from the Indian government. Modi’s language diverged sharply from the Western characterization of the Russian attack as a one-sided, unprovoked invasion of a sovereign nation.

Derek Grossman, a senior defense analyst at the Rand Corp. think tank, said the Quad grouping — a cornerstone of Biden’s Indo-Pacific strategy to counter China — “could easily fray.” In recent weeks, other Quad nations have condemned Moscow as Russian troops massed around Ukraine — but not India.

The Russian operation “is clearly breaking the rules-based order, which is whole reason the Quad got together in the first place,” Grossman said. “For India to continue to sit on the sidelines — that’s going to become increasingly an untenable position if they want to maintain good ties not just with the Quad but also Europe.”

Ukraine had the third largest nuclear arsenal in the world before it got rid of them in exchange for Russian and American assurances of security guarantees.
The biggest mistake in history. Libya was told to give up their program & look where they are.

President Zelensky: #Ukraine 'left alone' to defend against #Russian invasion. “Today, I asked the twenty-seven leaders of #Europe whether Ukraine will be in #NATO. I asked directly. Everyone is afraid. They do not answer.” | TheHill

https://thehill.com/policy/internat...left-alone-to-defend-against-russian-invasion

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said in a speech Thursday that Ukraine has been “left alone” to defend against the Russian invasion that began less than 24 hours earlier.

“Today Russia attacked the entire territory of our state,” Zelensky said. “And today our defenders have done a lot.”

“They defended almost the entire territory of Ukraine,” he continued. “Which suffered direct blows. They regain the one that the enemy managed to occupy.”

Zelensky said of the Ukrainian people that “we are supported,” citing conversations he had with world leaders after the invasion.

However, he added that Ukraine is “left alone in defense of our state.”

“Who is ready to fight with us?” Zelensky asked. “Honestly — I do not see such.”

Zelensky brought up a potential Ukrainian membership in the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO), which he previously asked about during remarks on Saturday afternoon.

“I ask them,” Zelensky said of Ukraine’s allies on Thursday. “Are you with us? They answer that they are with us. But they are not ready to take us to the alliance,” referring to NATO.

He continued: “Today, I asked the twenty-seven leaders of Europe whether Ukraine will be in NATO. I asked directly. Everyone is afraid. They do not answer.”

Zelensky also addressed rumors that he and his family had left the Ukrainian capital.

“I know that a lot of fakes are being produced now,” he said. “In particular, that I allegedly left Kyiv. I stay in the capital, I stay with my people. During the day, I held dozens of international talks, directly managed our country. And I will stay in the capital."

“My family is also in Ukraine,” Zelensky said. “My children are also in Ukraine. My family is not traitors. They are the citizens of Ukraine.”

Most of Zelensky’s speech honored the hundreds of soldiers that were wounded or killed by Russian forces during the day. At the time of the speech, he said 137 Ukrainians had died, 10 of whom were officers, and 316 were wounded.

“On our Zmiinyi Island, defending it to the last, all the border guards died heroically,” Zelensky said. “But did not give up. All of them will be posthumously awarded the title of Hero of Ukraine.”

Zelensky concluded: “Now the fate of the country depends entirely on our army, on our heroes, our security forces, all our defenders. And on our people, your wisdom and the great support of all friends of our country. Glory to Ukraine!”

Clinton's Call to Sharif:

Clinton telephoned Sharif, the Pakistani PM, to whet his appetite for the planes, huge amounts of financial aid, and a prize certain to appeal to Sharif—an invitation for him to make an official visit to Washington.

“You can almost hear the guy wringing his hands and sweating,” Clinton said after hanging up.

Still, we had to keep trying. Our best chance was an emergency dose of face-to-face diplomacy. It was decided that I would fly to Pakistan and make the case to Nawaz Sharif.

I have no doubts that Sharif was, and likely still is, an indecisive leader to the point of foolishness, but Clinton and his cronies like Strobe Talbott and Bruce Riedel were not only diplomatic bullies but would often exaggerate facts. Now, how would Clinton know on a telephone call that Sharif was wringing his hands and sweating? One's poor grasp of English or poor communication skills does not mean that one was nervous. What if Sharif was not on the speakerphone and the phone receiver was in his hands? How would he wring his hands then?

No wonder Clinton went on to become a fiction writer.

Having said that, I do believe Sharif was nervous about the overall situation he was facing. General Karamat seems to have done something Sharif was possibly never ready for, asked Sharif to become a decision-maker.

In spite of Pakistan having nukes, Modi did try to intimidate Pakistanis but failed miserably. I wrote the following in March 2019:

"Desh ka bahut nuksaan hua hai", acknowledged Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi after his military's recent failures against Pakistan in Balakot and Kashmir. This marked a major shift in Modi's belligerent tone that has been characterized by his boasts of "chhappan inch ki chhati" (56 inch chest) and talk of "munh tor jawab" (jaw-breaking response) and "boli nahin goli" (bullets, not talks) to intimidate Pakistan in the last few years. The recent events are forcing India's western backers to reassess their strategy of boosting India as a counterweight to China.

The biggest mistake in history. Libya was told to give up their program & look where they are.

You are assuming Libya has the engineering talent to make nukes. If Libya had nukes and Qadaffi & sons were in charge what is the future for Libyans citizens ?

North Korea has nukes. Ask North Korean citizens how much they like Dear ruler's reign ?

Ukraine's arsenal was Soviet's arsenal. You are assuming that the nascent Ukranian military could even maintain it.

Back
Top Bottom