What's new

UK woman sues Indian neighbours for cooking spicy food

Just use proper ventilation...the worst smell is that of cooking PORK!

Joanna Louise Cridlin, an animal rights campaigner,

ywap-stinky.jpg

they stink of cat piss and dog shit

She isn't used to anything stronger than jellied eel and Shepherd pie.

article-2496937-0F6EA40100000578-984_634x422.jpg

IMG_0271.JPG

You cannot beat the odour of tripe(ojhri) curry which some people eat . One Zimbabwe woman cooked this next door and we were like this extreme odour will kill us

Highlights
• Joanna Cridlin claims the "strong overwhelming vapour of hot chillies" leads to respiratory problems

• She says the spicy smell "permeates her home" for 8 hours after her neighbours have finished cooking

• Cridlin says the smell should be classified as "anti-social behaviour"

LONDON: A woman in the UK has filed a court case against her neighbours for cooking spicy food which she says waft out "pungent toxic fumes", causing her "respiratory problems" as well as choking.

Joanna Louise Cridlin, an animal rights campaigner, is suing her neighbours' landlord Viridian Housing at London's High Court to try to force them to take action.
Cridlin, who is also seeking a compensation payout, claims that the "strong overwhelming vapour of hot chillies" leads to "respiratory problems" and "constricts her airways and burns her windpipe".

She says the spicy smell "permeates her home" in Wandsworth, south London for eight hours after her neighbours have finished cooking, describing it as "torture".Cridlin said she had also "choked in her sleep" and "staggered to her balcony gasping for air" after the fumes brought on breathing problems, the metro.co.uk reported.
Cridlin says the landlords have "ignored her legitimate appeal for help" and are not reacting strongly enough to her complaints about the chilli fumes.

Noting that she suffers from breathing problems, Cridlin says the smell should be classified as "anti-social behaviour".
The contents of the writ are yet to be tested in evidence before a judge.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...r-cooking-spicy-food/articleshow/53399266.cms

yeh pagal pagal dunya....:lol:....why goras are so touchy and pussy....:crazy:

Why not use an extractor fan to redirect the fumes outside?

Then the person sitting/standing outside of the house will sue them....:lol:....These westerners have very weak stomach compared to Asians....they are too health and germs conscious...

For the First time in my life ......
I am siding with Indian Woman ......
Gori ki esi ki tesi .... :p:

guess what? I'm on her side. i'm that weird creature, a Bengali who hates (river) fish and fish in any curried form.

different strokes for different folks.

I doubt
Curry Pakora is one of my favorite dish .....
Damn it,
I am going to request Mom to cook it tomorrow.....
:pop: kia yad krwa dia .....

Oh dear.

Four or five distinct cuisines and you club it all into one. Needs an expert like @jbgt90 to arbitrate this.

Why not use an extractor fan to redirect the fumes outside?

She's complaining about it coming out and killing her in her own rooms.

Kari Pakoda and south Indian masala curries are two different things, have you ever taste South Indian food?

@Tipu7
Kadi Pakora
maxresdefault.jpg

South Indian Curry
IMG_1982.JPG

NO, NO, NO.....

@Delnavaz B i can eat kadi pakora 2 times a day....7 days a week....365 days a year.....my all time favorite

Oh boy....tell me about it.

@Delnavaz B what part of my post was difficult to understand....i mean seriously i cant put it more simply...point it out so that i may remove the misunderstanding
And as far as joining a restaurant is concerned....i've got a decent job and am pretty happy with it...cooking is my hobby...i dont want to change it into my profession...

One of our strongest members was a professional chef, and still has interests in the food business. I am trying to get friendly with him. Wish me luck.

Just use proper ventilation...the worst smell is that of cooking PORK!

Have you lived next to Bongs cooking fish with mustard oil? You will be a cleansed, and purified person after the experience.

Beware of the Turkha smell. My mummy destroyed so many of my clothes this way. :o:

What is 'Turkha'?

cooking dried/salted fish without alerting neighbor is definitely anti social behavior..

Hah! You ain't seen (smelt) nuthin' yet.

guess what? I'm on her side. i'm that weird creature, a Bengali who hates (river) fish and fish in any curried form.

different strokes for different folks.

Oh dear.

Four or five distinct cuisines and you club it all into one. Needs an expert like @jbgt90 to arbitrate this.

She's complaining about it coming out and killing her in her own rooms.

NO, NO, NO.....

Oh boy....tell me about it.

That's just a nice way of saying "I am a traitor...I am a self hating Bengali who would not bat an eye trampling on the graves of my forefathers." Remember one thing we,your eastern brethren, gave our lives for the very dish you diss today...we fought for fish over dry tandoori chicken and rooti the Pakistanis eat.SHAME ON YOU.

Back
Top Bottom