What's new

UK to supply Qatar with Eurofighter jets in billion-dollar arms deal

what exactly is the cost of 24 Typhoon ? @Quwa with proper financing why not our Air force even consider to take that road ? instead all we do is F-Shola F-Shola ..
Italy is selling 28 to Kuwait for like 9 billion US.

That's why my government employer is not increasing my salary :(

the rafale to replace the mk2
the f15 as all on one strike fighter
the typhoons as an air superiority fighter

with the gcc against qatar they need to defend them-self the typhoons would be perfect. most likely it will come with aesa's and the meteor.
the meteors on the rafale are single Chanel and cant be given mid-course updates as opposed to the typhoons and the gripen which can give mid-course updates
Indeed. This is good news for our defence giants. However, we need more deals like this to really keep this program running smoothly. Hopefully, we might have some good news for a similar in Asia. :)

Qatar made a good choice purchasing such a potent air superiority fighter(one of the best in the globe) not just considering the capabilities of Typhoons but also the current geo political context Qatar finds itself (they need powerful allies/backers).
Those insulting Qatar with words like "stupid rich kids"/dumb Arabs " etc for this deal are just butthurt. Since I'm sure if they had the money and access to western weapon systems like Qatar they too would have bought the best fighter jets Western powers have to offer. Lol.

Afterall, how many countries can produce top of the line/proven fighter jets? Plus, gulf States leaders are not dumb/foolish , if they were dumb/foolish then their region won't be the most developed/wealthy/stable in the Muslim world with the highest living standards.

Last edited:
So,how is life there after the sanctions?

Qatar is subsidizing the 90 percent things ( read essential items i.e food, medicines), incurring huge loss on their end. So, We consumers are not facing the brunt of sanctions yet. Business as usual in Qatar, until government money supply runs out, then we will see consumers start getting affected.

Btw, Turkish milk and yogurt is good as compare to Saudi or Uae dairy products

terrorist don't fly fighter jets....

anyways, arabs are tied to the necl, oil money has both been a blessing and a curse.... west made saudi to put pressure on qatar possibly because qatar wouldn't buy jets in their asking price.... now they have to bow down to the west to relieve pressure are home region and keep the west happy....
basically these nations (saudi especially) has become a sellout.

Qatar is subsidizing the 90 percent things ( read essential items i.e food, medicines), incurring huge loss on their end. So, We consumers are not facing the brunt of sanctions yet. Business as usual in Qatar, until government money supply runs out, then we will see consumers start getting affected.

Do you also get goods from Iran?
Turkish goods need to be European standard so,they have to be good.
About the sanctions,im sure they will come to an understanding and it will be over soon,the 4 know that Qatar has friends who can provide for as long as it takes.

i've personally noticed this too... turkish brands are better than almarai, nadec or any subsequent gulf brand...
(i travel to turkey often nowadays because of my studies)

The Arabs are buying what Pakistanis are dreaming about.
Better start working harder, so You can afford your dreams.
i thought they were dreaming of sukhois.

Indeed. This is good news for our defence giants. However, we need more deals like this to really keep this program running smoothly. Hopefully, we might have some good news for a similar in Asia. :)

Qatar made a good choice purchasing such a potent air superiority fighter(one of the best in the globe) not just considering the capabilities of Typhoons but also the current geo political context Qatar finds itself (they need powerful allies/backers).
Those insulting Qatar with words like "stupid rich kids"/dumb Arabs " etc for this deal are just butthurt. Since I'm sure if they had the money and access to western weapon systems like Qatar they too would have bought the best fighter jets Western powers have to offer. Lol.

Afterall, how many countries can produce top of the line/proven fighter jets? Plus, gulf States leaders are not dumb/foolish , if they were dumb/foolish then their region won't be the most developed/wealthy/stable in the Muslim world with the highest living standards.
im thinking malaysia next, i would say belgians too but since there a f35 partner its pretty much guaranteed what there going for.

So,what is it then,sending a message to the 4 and in the meantime helping the British economy or is there another reason,cause 24 Rafale's and 24 EF's doesnt really make any sense?
Looks like they want the support of EU, UK, USA and other powers of the world as well. It's more of a purchase to maintain strong bilateral relations rather than a strategic one on a military viewpoint

Last edited:
The Arabs are buying what Pakistanis are dreaming about.
Better start working harder, so You can afford your dreams.
Lol funny but true. if their leaders were as dumb as some of them claim on here, then Qatar won't have the highest GDP per capital in the world , one of the largest sovereign wealth funds on earth, provide all social amenities to its citizens (many for free), people won't be migrating there from the region and the world for a job opportunity/better life, they won't have the highest living standards in the Muslim world, etc etc.
It's funny seeing people who come from countries who can only dream to be like Qatar or gulf states calling their leaders stupid/dumb. Lol.
I'll say so far gulf states leaders have done very well for their country, far better than others who criticise them day and night. Lol

These Arabs are getting played and they are too stupid to see it! :hitwall:

This is the best plane they could get, its a hell of a plane ET .
Why are they getting gear that the Saudis are completely familiar with?

Best plane available they can't get F-35 so they get the next best plane which is the Euro-fighter.

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

Na, this is good move by Qatar to buy these awesome planes.

Lol funny but true. if their leaders were as dumb as some of them claim on here, then Qatar won't have the highest GDP per capital in the world , one of the largest sovereign wealth funds on earth, provide all social amenities to its citizens (many for free), people won't be migrating there from the region and the world for a job opportunity/better life, they won't have the highest living standards in the Muslim world, etc etc.
It's funny seeing people who come from countries who can only dream to be like Qatar or gulf states calling their leaders stupid/dumb. Lol.
I'll say so far gulf states leaders have done very well for their country, far better than others who criticise them day and night. Lol

Let us be honest, Qatar cannot defend itself even with all these aircraft.

What they are really buying is protection.

what exactly is the cost of 24 Typhoon ? @Quwa with proper financing why not our Air force even consider to take that road ? instead all we do is F-Shola F-Shola ..
$7.5 to $8.0 billion U.S. depending on weapons and maintenance support. The PAF can't buy such things because Pakistan doesn't have enough money to get approvals on first glance, and its gov't can't be bothered to diplomatically press for approvals and credit to get such deals through the door.

im thinking malaysia next, i would say belgians too but since there a f35 partner its pretty much guaranteed what there going for.
Malaysia shelved its program for the time being. I think BAE's focus is on Belgium, Finland and Poland, though a follow-on from Saudi Arabia and/or Oman wouldn't hurt.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom