What's new

UK: Number of Muslims in prison doubles in decade to 12,000

Some research suggests around one-third of Muslim inmates are from Caribbean or African backgrounds.

The reason for the rise is the conversion of many prisoners to Islam.

The rest are made up of illegal immigrants from Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Pakistan who await proceedings and are young men.

However there are numbers of morons who choose to ignore the opportunities society has given them and choose to become to lead a "gangsta" lifestyle. To hell with these people.

The UK government needs to grow a spine and come hard on criminal scum of all races and religions. The laws are too damn soft.

That's a miscarriage of Justice, fuelled partly by hysteria that these idiots themselves caused when they had the north of England in flames. I agree about the unbalanced harsher sentences, but why are you keep talking about the Bradford riots as all these 11k muslims in prison were jailed during Bradford riots?

The blame also lies with some section of the Muslim specially the Pakistani community. British Indian Muslims don't seem to be involved in much criminal activities. Something is wrong with the Pakistani community perhaps?

Unfortunately scenario would be very similar in Indian jails also, I read about it somewhere. :(

This thread is not about India or Indians. Please keep your saffron lungi out of this thread,

Do Indian trolls search the web for any news related to Islam and Pakistan? Shouldn't you be worried more about the high crime rates specially rapes in your country?

Anyway on topic. These figures are not surprising but very alarming. I blame the older generations of Muslims' failure to connect with the younger generation as one of the reasons. Muslim youth cannot even find guidance in mosques as most Imams are from abroad who can't even understand basic English.

There is also a high percentage of Black Caribbean Muslims mostly converts in prisons too. The Muslim society is also divided into a useless and a criminal one and a hardworking one.

Not all Pakistani/Muslim youths are in jail, many are doing quite well in UK actually. The OP was perhaps hoping 100% of Muslim youth are in prison. The OP is indeed a retarded troll.
no we just post news which is trending in google news blame google not india

The blame also lies with some section of the Muslim specially the Pakistani community. Indian Muslims don't seem to be involved in much criminal activities. Something is wrong with the Pakistani community perhaps?

The Pakistani "community" consists of half alive bearded baffoons on one side and drugged up "gangsters" on the other.

The Pakistani "community" consists of half alive bearded baffoons on one side and drugged up "gangsters" on the other.

Lol! We do have a middle ground man. They are just too caught with their own little world. As long as I'm not affected everything is ok.

The thing that worries me most is the rise of extremism, particularly Najdi ideology in the UK community.

I should have been more clearer, I never defended the crimes but there are many reasons why certain community behave in a certain way.

The Pakistani community mostly consist of Mirpuris from Azad Kashmir. They were always at a disadvantage because they were uneducated and backward even in their own Country. Most of them never try to integrate into British society. Again i don't mean to be racist but many younger mirpuris are ashamed to be connected with the rest of them. I believe slowly they will also catch up to the rest of the society.
Pakistanis from many areas of Punjab specially Faisalabad, Lahore and Rawalpindi are quite successful in UK. Many own small to medium sized businesses and are increasingly being represented in Police, lawyers, Politics and even in sports.

Lol! We do have a middle ground man. They are just too caught with their own little world. As long as I'm not affected everything is ok.

The thing that worries me most is the rise of extremism, particularly Najdi ideology in the UK community.

Us Pakistanis in UK are far too comfortable sitting in our own little cocoons ignoring what is going in our communities. This attitude has led to a rise in crimes that have just started to surface. Another threat faced by our Pakistani community, as you rightly pointed out, is the rise of takfiri ideology which is taking impressionable and ignorant minds towards extremism and rebellion. The blame, which I am trying to say is, on ourselves. Yes, there is racism and other problems but the fault lies with us for not standing and combating these things in our communities.

Not surprising.

A lot of them are of African background; Somali mostly, and other from Caribbean.

But make no mistake the amount of young Pakistani lads involved is also high and we are overrepresented. Nowhere in the world is the Muslim and Pakistani community as backward as it is in the UK.

And as @Jaanbaz pointed out, there are some hard working people. But the rest make us all look bad.
I could rant about this for hours.

Fully Agree! Low life scum! They should appreciate England and its about time they give something back to the country.

Absolutely. These people sicken me.

Some research suggests around one-third of Muslim inmates are from Caribbean or African backgrounds.

The reason for the rise is the conversion of many prisoners to Islam.

The rest are made up of illegal immigrants from Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Pakistan who await proceedings and are young men.

However there are numbers of morons who choose to ignore the opportunities society has given them and choose to become to lead a "gangsta" lifestyle. To hell with these people.

The number of Muslims coming out of prison is definitely higher than the number going in. I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of extremists have spent time in prisons too.

Can you imagine the demographics of the Muslim population in the UK when these are our recruiting grounds? honestly, the most noisy 'foot-soldiers' are nothing but bearded criminals. That is why they rarely contribute any constructive thought, only a call to arms.

Not surprising.
A lot of them are of African background; Somali mostly, and other from Caribbean.
But make no mistake the amount of young Pakistani lads involved is also high and we are overrepresented. Nowhere in the world is the Muslim and Pakistani community as backward as it is in the UK.
And as @Jaanbaz pointed out, there are some hard working people. But the rest make us all look bad.
I could rant about this for hours.

The louder ones always tend to stick out among the crowd. I think all of British Pakistanis no matter if mirpuri, punjabi, or whatever need to involve ourselves more into the main stream British society,

This thread is not about India or Indians. Please keep your saffron lungi out of this thread,

You are right, this thread is about UK and you are a Pakistani, but I don't give unwanted free advises.

The number of Muslims coming out of prison is definitely higher than the number going in. I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of extremists have spent time in prisons too.

Can you imagine the demographics of the Muslim population in the UK when these are our recruiting grounds? honestly, the most noisy 'foot-soldiers' are nothing but bearded criminals. That is why they rarely contribute any constructive thought, only a call to arms.

If this is how we feel about them imagine what a Native white British would think of all of us. To an average British all of us are same. Although more interaction and integration decreases the fear and helps more understanding between different communities. I have to say the older generation of Muslims specially Pakistani and Bangladeshi community refuses to learn English and partake in British society.

You are right, this thread is about UK and you are a Pakistani, but I don't give unwanted free advises.

You could do a lungi dance to entertain us for a while.

Us Pakistanis in UK are far too comfortable sitting in our own little cocoons ignoring what is going in our communities. This attitude has led to a rise in crimes that have just started to surface. Another threat faced by our Pakistani community, as you rightly pointed out, is the rise of takfiri ideology which is taking impressionable and ignorant minds towards extremism and rebellion. The blame, which I am trying to say is, on ourselves. Yes, there is racism and other problems but the fault lies with us for not standing and combating these things in our communities.

Couldn't said it better myself comrade.

This "ignorance" is also the same thing that infects our motherland. I remember my uncle answering my question as to why Pakistan is in the state it is now. He replied "Allah Ki marzi". I looked at him surprised and he said this is the answer that most Pakistanis give when asked about the problems in our society:

No electricity? Allah Ki marzi
Terrorism? Allah Ki marzi
Poverty? Allah Ki marzi
Feudalism? Allah Ki marzi
Bad economy? Allah Ki marzi
Idiotic rulers? Allah Ki marzi

If people do nothing then they will reap all that others sow.....

Do Indian trolls search the web for any news related to Islam and Pakistan? Shouldn't you be worried more about the high crime rates specially rapes in your country?

Not all Pakistani/Muslim youths are in jail, many are doing quite well in UK actually. The OP was perhaps hoping 100% of Muslim youth are in prison. The OP is indeed a retarded troll.

Unlike most posters here ' some' do read other things too & thanks to the net, other newspapers is one of them.

Islam does not exist in Pk alone, things related to Islam impact India as well hence shared.

Those with a guilty conscience are welcome to seek shadows where they are none.

Back
Top Bottom