What's new

UK keen to offer Eurofighter to India

No chance in hell. It is Rafale or broke, the EFT lost it 3 years ago
why not more MKI's ? or maybe upgraded one ? i think its call MKK right ?
Nope, MKKs are the PLAF's Su-30 variant, the IAF's are MKIs which are superior to the MKKs. The upgraded version is the Super Sukhoi MKI which the IAF will be getting. The Rafale is the ideal compliment to the air-domiance MKI.

but i heard indian members are saying that rafale deal is put on hold ?!
Nope- no hold just deal will be signed by next govt.

but i heard indian members are saying that rafale deal is put on hold ?! and dont you think french are increasing the price of birds each year , and you guys are used to with russian products !

No, No and Yes

Nope, MKKs are the PLAF's Su-30 variant, the IAF's are MKIs which are superior to the MKKs. The upgraded version is the Super Sukhoi MKI which the IAF will be getting. The Rafale is the ideal compliment to the air-domiance MKI.

You are wasting time.... he may have come here to pour some kerosene in the fire.. lets deal with fire using fire

ok but as i read in this forum that rafale deal can harm Indian economy cause as far as i know french are bloody $$ sucking creatures , no doubt about rafale capability but still Russian can provide better technology with more ease

Bigger Frame like Rafale is also not LCA

I asked a query about an idea based on LCA....LCA MK3 keeping the design relatively same just as Gripen NG is going to be relatively heavier than Gripen C/D..are you getting what i am trying to say respectively.

As far as I know USA casually threw in F-35 in the MMRCA selection process when both of their participating fighters were rejected by IAF, but that was a casual offer and IAF rejected it because:

1. Such a proposal would further delay the MMRCA deal.
2. We were looking for a multi-role medium combat aircraft, not something like F-35.
3. We were already going ahead with PAK-FA/FGFA, we didn't need another platform for the same role.
4. We are still not comfortable with the reliability of USA as a supplier of key military equipment.
1 )Look mate we already behind sedule in mmrca deal the first batch will get it around 2018 by latest news

2) we already have amca program on going a latest medium stealth program

3)sorry to say the mmrca deal itself is getting very costy to us we suspended this deal this year because of lack of funds confirm by mod this deal will affect are future projects like amca etc very much

1 )Look mate we already behind sedule in mmrca deal the first batch will get it around 2018 by latest news

2) we already have amca program on going a latest medium stealth program

3)sorry to say the mmrca deal itself is getting very costy to us we suspended this deal this year because of lack of funds confirm by mod this deal will affect are future projects like amca etc very much

But we are not looking for F-35 for sure.

I asked a query about an idea based on LCA....LCA MK3 keeping the design relatively same just as Gripen NG is going to be relatively heavier than Gripen C/D..are you getting what i am trying to say respectively.

If we make LCA bigger like a Gripen or Rafale, then it will not remain LCA, it will become MCA, maybe our AMCA will fill that role in another decade or so. :-)

Offtopic could we see LCA MK3 as a larger Airframe close or similar to Rafale...

You are actually asking for 2 different things. Once to make a bigger twin engined fighter out of LCA, comparable to Rafale and that won't happent.
The other thing is, if LCA can be more comparable to the single engine Gripen NG and that will happen with the MK2 upgrade. Both will get more internal fuel, a new engine, upgraded avionics and the MK2 most likely gets IRST + AESA radar too. All this obviously adds weight and we already know that the length will be extended for around 0.5m. The main difference however will be the lack of additional hardoints (and it needs to be seen how much additonal fuel can be added to make it comparable in performance to the NG) and that will limit LCA to light class roles only and won't make it comparable to EF or Rafale.

You are actually asking for 2 different things. Once to make a bigger twin engined fighter out of LCA, comparable to Rafale and that won't happent.
The other thing is, if LCA can be more comparable to the single engine Gripen NG and that will happen with the MK2 upgrade. Both will get more internal fuel, a new engine, upgraded avionics and the MK2 most likely gets IRST + AESA radar too. All this obviously adds weight and we already know that the length will be extended for around 0.5m. The main difference however will be the lack of additional hardoints (and it needs to be seen how much additonal fuel can be added to make it comparable in performance to the NG) and that will limit LCA to light class roles only and won't make it comparable to EF or Rafale.

Length 1 meter more. Wingspan remains the same. :bounce:

TRISHUL: Tejas Mk2 MRCA’s R & D Effort Gathers Pace

I say go for it India. Refusing Eurofighter Typhoon with ToT was probably the dumbest decision that our Air Force had ever made. We had to delay our F-35 orders due to aircraft problems.

@sancho - Waisee tell me something yaaar :

Wouldn't more MKIs, which are a Multi-Role Platform with predominantly Air-Dominance orientations, as I understand, be a better & a cheaper choice ?

PAK-FAs, MKIs & Tejas would make a mighty fine Airforce - Don't you think ? :what:

P.S I'm discounting the Technology Transfer thing in this question !

@sancho - Waisee tell me something yaaar :

Wouldn't more MKIs, which are a Multi-Role Platform with predominantly Air-Dominance orientations, as I understand, be a better & a cheaper choice ?

PAK-FAs, MKIs & Tejas would make a mighty fine Airforce - Don't you think ? :what:

P.S I'm discounting the Technology Transfer thing in this question !

MKI -30 Tons class. (Heavy for Air superiority )

Rafale-20 Ton class.(Medium for ground attack and SEAD operations )

LCA-10 Ton class.(Light point defence for advancing coloums )

Their roles are different .I guess IAF's doctrine needs fighters from all these classes.

And MMRCA deal is more about TOT than any real requirements which one can't discount. It is called mother of all deals not without reasons.Lot of critical techs are involved and 30% off set clause is gona form foundation of Indian aviation ecology.

Length 1 meter more. Wingspan remains the same. :bounce:

TRISHUL: Tejas Mk2 MRCA’s R & D Effort Gathers Pace

It's very old article, till date final specs have not been frozen so expect that to change.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom