What's new

UK church bans yoga classes from its premises

Tabloid news..

Yoga is older than Hinduism

Zakir Naik told you that ?

I dont know why some Hindus themselves are shy of it to admit that Yoga is very much a part of Hinduism.

In fact I lol when I see some yoga guru's saying it in public that Yoga is not attached to any religion, just to get more students an earn money. I dont say that it cant be practiced by non hindus or practicing it efects his religion..but yoga is very much a part of hindu religion.....or else how come you justify the chanting of mantras like in Transcendental Meditation , pranayam or surya namaskar etc. It is very much Hindu and Hindus should stop saying otherwise just to sell their product. If that was something in sikhism I would have proudly spread the word and take pride in calling it a part of sikhism, without worrying aboutthe fact tha it may be disliked by some religious mad dog...if people like it they will do it, if the dislike it they wont. simple.

+1...........

[:::~Spartacus~:::];3443988 said:
yoga is just an exercise, but i dunno why hindus bring their dharm in that?

yoga will have to be compatible with other faiths and cultures if it needs to gain bigger popularity

Yoga is meditation..Its is related to mental things more than physical.Only idiots would consider it stretching excercise or workout.

Yoga is meditation..Its is related to mental things more than physical.Only idiots would consider it stretching excercise or workout.

it is mental as well as physical exercise, it is a religious thing, but if comfortable any body can exploit it's benefits as a exercise for mind and body.

how to do it ? i can't sit 1 hour like them :lol:

bed per yoga nhi ho sakta?:undecided:

You can do Yoga in the bed - that is called Shavasana :lol:

700_savasana_zpsdbc14e9d.jpg

ok teach me more abut it i will try seriously :)
You need to pay and join classes. Just like your gym instructor. Taking instruction from your friends is not a good thing. Also its a lot more fun doing together in classes. :)
BTW yoga is not alternative to other physical exercises, you should not stop going to gym or cycling just because you are doing yoga.

ontopic: Most catholics in UK know what they are doing, they will go and join classes somewhere else if they are interested.
Catholic church is usually late in understanding things, give them 100 years, they will accept contraceptive is okey and one does not become hindu by doing yoga.

[:::~Spartacus~:::];3443988 said:
yoga is just an exercise, but i dunno why hindus bring their dharm in that?

yoga will have to be compatible with other faiths and cultures if it needs to gain bigger popularity

Fyi.. Yoga is NOT JUST an exercise.. the Physical benefits are just `side effects` of it , if you will. The Only and Only reason of Yoga is to connect to God..its Spiritual than just physical.
Yoga does NOT have to be compatible in accordance with other faiths , although many people try to manipulate the ancient techniques. On the other hand I think Its insecurities of other faiths to ban Yoga in their culture... :)
If some faiths Dont want it , dont do it..No one is forcing them to do do Yog.

Thats other benefit of yoga , How can you meditate if you cant sit just 1 hour with ur spine straight...
So , yoga helps here too.. so U dont get pins nad needles while doing saadhna for longer hours (meditation)

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom