What's new

UAE to send first Arab spaceship to Mars by 2021

No.
I can not speak for China, but ISRO does not involve foreigners.

Almost everything built in the last 2 decades has been Indian made, Indian designed, Indian manufactured.

The only thing we could not build was a cryogenic engine that we imported completely built from Russia. What we buy we tell explicitly and it is a commercial contract between ISRO and private parties.

Now we have succeeded in building a cryogenic engine as well. Bloody complex engineering that!

All based on Western technology. All of your earliest pioneers on that area where either educated in the West or trained by Westerners or Russians.
As ANYWHERE else outside of the West. That you are now largely self-sufficient is no surprise here decades after and given your manpower and you going through the process other countries will go through too.

Anyway any comparisons between 1.2 billion (+) big India and 1.5 million big UAE is a unserious comparison. In fact a idiotic one.

@elitepilot09

Quit trolling clown. What happens in UAE concerns KSA and every other GCC member state especially and Arab state.

All based on Western technology. All of your earliest pioneers on that area where either educated in the West or trained by Westerners or Russians.
As ANYWHERE else outside of the West. That you are now largely self-sufficient is no surprise here decades after and given your manpower and you going through the process other countries will go through too.

Anyway any comparisons between 1.2 billion (+) big India and 1.5 million big UAE is a unserious comparison. In fact a idiotic one.
I'm not comparing with UAE at all.
Good for UAE, I hope it achieves what it wants to. :tup:

You said that all countries except US and Russia use foreign help. I disagreed with that. Simple. We have had very very humble beginnings. This is how we started, rockets being carried on cycles across villages!
basictransport-horz.jpg

Good luck but isn't this a bit fast to directly aim Mars ? for example we first started by making foreign companies launch satellites for us, then involved on building of satellites, now building our own satellites and next aim is a national launch station and bigger and more advanced satellites, this program is fully for our own profit, but I think directly aiming for Mars is a bit for prestige rather then progress.

@Contrarian

Mate, my point was just that all non-Western countries went through the process that UAE is probably going through. You just admitted it yourself. That is why I do not understand why people are badmouthing 1.5 million big UAE (native population) if they seek cooperation and help from foreigners. What did people exactly expect?

All the non-Western countries did so themselves. Hell, it's even only a few leading Western countries that have had a historical monopoly on technology and science for the past many centuries. Especially Germany, UK, France etc. Basically those 3 were dominating. Aside from the Russians, mostly only during the Soviet Union AND obviously the Americans who have been the leaders since WW2.

Also this is not an Arab project. It's an Emirati project. People should know the difference.

Anyway I don't expect anything big before a long time as UAE has limits such as population and manpower. Which should be obvious for anyone.

But I do like the initiative and that locals WILL be involved and hopefully such projects will spread to other parts of the Arab and Muslim world as there is enough of talented manpower. They just need the right environment to succeed in. Now the best ones are just studying abroad and then afterwards staying and working in the West and the US.

Anyway let the retards here make fun of Emiratis. I would like to see what they would amount to with a similar tiny population.

Quite frankly I don't bother writing with the ignorants and haters here. Sick and tired of it.

@Arabian Legend @Yzd Khalifa @JUBA @Full Moon @Bubblegum Crisis @Hadbani

Last edited:

I will be happy for you (or other Muslim countries including Pakistan) to prove me wrong.
The Muslim world needs more advancement.

I am not saying Arabs are incapable of doing things, but there is a cultural trend in most rich Arab countries which views work (physical or mental) as a menial activity best left to lowly foreigners.

I hope it is changing, but the fact is that reputations are built over decades. The Westerners and East Asians didn't earn their reputation for hard work overnight. They earned it with accomplishments which stack up with the best in the world.

The UAE claims of going to Mars would be taken more seriously if they had indigenously built a rocket, or an airplane, or a train engine, or a car, or a motorcycle.

Our Muslim world has a long way to go...

I will be happy for you (or other Muslim countries including Pakistan) to prove me wrong.
The Muslim world needs more advancement.

I am not saying Arabs are incapable of doing things, but there is a cultural trend in most rich Arab countries which views work (physical or mental) as a menial activity best left to lowly foreigners.

I hope it is changing, but the fact is that reputations are built over decades. The Westerners and East Asians didn't earn their reputation for hard work overnight. They earned it with accomplishments which stack up with the best in the world.

The UAE claims of going to Mars would be taken more seriously if they had indigenously built a rocket, or an airplane, or a train engine, or a car, or a motorcycle.

Our Muslim world has a long way to go...
The GCC countries ( Saudi for sure) sent a lot of students over seas to study in western universities. I predict that a lot of them who studied aerospace engineering or whatever will be involved in this project however I do expect a lot of foreign scientists to be involved aswell which is some thing that is predictable imo because this is a very ambitious project which requires great minds from all over the world. Whats important is how indigenous future projects will be imo.

The GCC countries ( Saudi for sure) sent a lot of students over seas to study in western universities.

I have had plenty of experiences with Saudi students on scholarships in the West. I worked my way through college by working at restaurants and labs. Some of my friends did so by doing homework for Saudi students.

I hope even a small percentage of these students actually learned something and will contribute back to Saudi Arabia.

I have had plenty of experiences with Saudi students on scholarships in the West. I worked by way through college by working at restaurants. Some of my friends did so by doing homework for Saudi students.

I hope even a small percentage of these students actually learned something and will contribute back to Saudi Arabia.
Haha I know what your talking about but when there is a smart one he is smart.

Most likely it will be a watch and learn for the noob U.A.E engineers.

Haha I know what your talking about but when there is a smart one he is smart.

Many of these students were smart, but they just had this attitude of "I am rich and I can pay someone to do the work for me while I party"...

Anyway, hopefully, this is changing. Only time will tell.

@Developereo

This is with all due respect nonsense. It's a minority that act like this and this is goes for all foreign students. Saudi Arabian women are for instance well-known for their hard work, discipline and academic success. Obviously when Saudi Arabians compose the 4th highest foreign group of students in the US (after Chinese, Indians and South Koreans - by far the most per capita) you will have students who are very serious students and then you will have more lazier students who are more bothered about partying etc. despite some being talented. It's different from person to person.

More Saudi Arabians pursue studies in US

Now please do me a favor and read post number 81 in this thread and tell me where I am wrong.

Also not all Saudi Arabian students are rich. This is a dumb stereotype. Those Saudi Arabian students come from all areas of KSA, social and ethnic backgrounds etc. Many come from humble backgrounds.

Last edited:
@Developereo

This is with all due respect nonsense. It's a minority that act like this and this is goes for all foreign students. Saudi Arabian women are for instance well-known for their hard work, discipline and academic success. Obviously when Saudi Arabians compose the 4th highest foreign group of students in the US (after Chinese, Indians and South Koreans - by far the most per capita) you will have students who are very serious students and then you will have more lazier students who are more bothered about partying etc. despite some being talented. It's different from person to person.

More Saudi Arabians pursue studies in US

Now please do me a favor and read post number 81 in this thread and tell me where I am wrong.

Also not all Saudi Arabian students are rich. This is a dumb stereotype. Those Saudi Arabian students come from all areas of KSA, social and ethnic backgrounds etc. Many come from humble backgrounds.

I have met many Saudi (and other) Arabs who were smart but, as I wrote, reputations are built over decades. When a Western or East Asian country makes a claim, they have decades of accomplishments to back up that claim.

I hope you are right, and GCC Arabs have moved away from their entitlement mentality and towards hard work, but we can only judge by accomplishments.

And, by the way, my criticism is not restricted to GCC Arabs. When Pakistanis make tall claims, we are also skeptical. There was a Pakistani businessman who claimed to have developed a Pakistani plane, but it turned out to be kit-assembled planes imported from the West.

Our countries have a long way to go. Reputations have to be earned over decades of hard work.

Did UAE nationals make it? Or is it just white people project with Kandoora on top? :D

I have had plenty of experiences with Saudi students on scholarships in the West. I worked my way through college by working at restaurants and labs. Some of my friends did so by doing homework for Saudi students.

Oh I see ! Please explain ? They also paid ‘their anonymous reviewers’ the day of the review year-end ?

Otherwise I wonder how they got their review - those unable - ? A magic trick perhaps…Of course ! That's right !

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom