What's new

UAE to send first Arab spaceship to Mars by 2021

Anyway the most important thing is that there are such visions in a country like UAE with it's humble population. Prosperous or not. This can only be a positive thing. Time will tell if the project will become a success or not.

I for once like such visions and UAE has had very ambitious goals before on other areas but nevertheless managed to reach them.

I wonder what the excuse is for all the much more populous Muslim countries out there?

I simply do not understand why the Muslim world is not much more independent when it comes to technology.

The changes should happen at a much quicker rate I am afraid.

Why could KSA not do something like this? What stops the country? Much more manpower….

Well….
dont get me wrong....but ppl who share ur view are rare in ur world.
either the guy is busy making ends meet or the other is drowned in the life of luxury (petrodollars)....what do u expect ???
but as a south asian person, i really commend the late shah of the UAE for his far sightedness

Last edited:
dont get me wrong....but ppl who share ur view are rare in ur world.
either the guy is busy making ends meet or the other is drowned in the life of luxury (petrodollars)....what do u expect ???
but as a south asian person, i really comment the late shah of the UAE for his far sightedness

UAE is only comparable with a few other smaller Arab states (Kuwait, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar) and Muslim countries such as Brunei etc. This is not the case in the remaining Muslim world.

My views are shared by the vast majority as everyone not from the West wants to become as independent as possible after 500 years of Western rule of the world. Especially people from the ME and Arabs as we once were the main power in the world for many, many centuries - millenniums if we look at the history of what is now the Arab world.

Do you mean the late Emir - Sheikh Zayed?

I think that the Muslim world need to look themselves in the mirror and ask themselves how come it is even possible that so many people (close to 2 billion people) can have such a small scientific output? A serious and long look in the mirror is much needed.

I quite frankly find it very pathetic and embarrassing and not worthy of the history of the Arab world and Muslim world.

I know that a lot of mess has happened which has hindered this etc. but you can't use those old excuses forever. The world is not going to stop due to this.

This is why I am eager to literary teach those retards whose focus is on nonsense issues a lesson whenever I see or hear about them.

UAE is only comparable with a few other smaller Arab states (Kuwait, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar) and Muslim countries such as Brunei etc. This is not the case in the remaining Muslim world.

My views are shared by the vast majority as everyone not from the West wants to become as independent as possible after 500 years of Western rule of the world. Especially people from the ME and Arabs as we once were the main power in the world for many, many centuries - millenniums if we look at the history of what is now the Arab world.

I think that the Muslim world need to look themselves in the mirror and ask themselves how come it is even possible that so many people (close to 2 billion people) can have such a small scientific output? A serious and long look in the mirror.

I quite frankly find it very pathetic and embarrassing and not worthy of the history of the Arab world and Muslim world.

I know that a lot of mess has happened which has hindered this etc. but you can't use those old excuses forever. The world is not going to stop due to this.

Irrelevant ! We (GCC) will be the hard core (The lighthouse) - like European Economic Community - . ;)

Last edited:

I think that the Muslim world need to look themselves in the mirror and ask themselves how come it is even possible that so many people (close to 2 billion people) can have such a small scientific output? A serious and long look in the mirror.

for the bold part : yes its him.....5 of such ppl in my country wud help us much.
as for the independence from the influence of the west, I m sorry, but it seems pretty difficult to me. ME economy , excepting a few nations, is overwhelmingly dependant on oil - petrodollars. and since the western world is the main recipient of oil (althoh china - inda is up, but west is still at top), they wudnt be too keen to let go of control completely. it was possible, on the other hand, to blackmail the west to its knees. but our ME bros started too late to appreciate the situation at hand and hence, lost the initiative to the west.

Dont be too critical of the arabs (and the greater muslim world). u had ur time, u will have it again. bell curve....remember ???

@baajey

The problem is that nothing really stops the Muslim world or the non-Western world (China has shown the way partially although they are still far behind or significantly behind at least) from becoming much more independent than they are.

I just don't understand how far behind the non-Western world is really. STILL to this day. It's shocking actually. On almost every single front. Sometimes you don't realize it before you actually start thinking about it in detail.

Last edited:
@baajey

The problem is that nothing really stops the Muslim world or the non-Western world (China has shown the way partially although they are still far behind or significantly behind at least) from becoming much more independent than they are.

I just don't understand how far behind the non-Western world is really. STILL to this day. It's shocking actually. On almost every single front. Sometimes you don't realize it before you actually start thinking about it in detail.
why only China ?? i wud say Iran has shown u how resilient one can be in the face of US n other western powers. Althoh i wudnt recomment Iran's way, but the guts they show is commendable (btw, their fake planes suck).
what the middle east needs is education, widespread western education (religious education dont do u any good. at least not materially). I think thats the main reason why u guys cant harness ur full potential

why only China ?? i wud say Iran has shown u how resilient one can be in the face of US n other western powers. Althoh i wudnt recomment Iran's way, but the guts they show is commendable (btw, their fake planes suck).
what the middle east needs is education, widespread western education (religious education dont do u any good. at least not materially). I think thats the main reason why u guys cant harness ur full potential

What have they shown? Nothing. Which Farsi technology is bought and used by the entire world? None. Their products are utter crap and made fun of in the entire ME. Be it their "cars" or "military" products with all due respect. A very bad example.

I am talking about indigenious products that could challenge the Western monopoly. Not cheap copycats (as in China) or total crap like anywhere else in the non-West.

What have they shown? Nothing. Which Farsi technology is bought and used by the entire world? None. Their products are utter crap. A bad example.
i didnt imply their products, i implied their courage to stand up.
ME cant take favors (in terms of tech) from the west and stand up against it, can it ???

i didnt imply their products, i implied their courage to stand up.
ME cant take favors (in terms of tech) from the west and stand up against it, can it ???

Mate, the point is what stops the non-Western world from making better products on all fields than the Western world? As of now ALL non-Western countries depend on Western products on almost every issue.

Beating the West in terms of science, technology etc. should be a long-term project and that project can be achieved without becoming a poor, sanctioned, isolated, backward and moronic pariah state like iran, North Korea or whatever failed states that you can find in the non-Western world.

Trust me when I say that they are in abundance. Both in the ME, South Asia and everywhere else.

HABIBI -

Ya'Amrika - Ya'Russia - Ya'Europe - Ya'Japan. Aye printed $$$ elite. Aye global elite - Ya'madad.

I will buy your technology and assemble.

Habibi Wallah.

Abu Dhabi: The UAE has entered the space race with a project to send an unmanned probe to Mars by 2021 in the Arab world’s first mission to another planet. A new UAE Space Agency will be created to coordinate the UAE’s growing space technology sector and to supervise the mission.
The UAE is one of only nine countries with space programmes to explore the Red Planet. The Mars probe’s nine-month and more than 92 million kilometre journey will coincide with the 50th anniversary of the UAE’s formation.
UAE plans to send first Arab spaceship to Mars in 2021 | Toronto

This is a great initiative. You guys should work with our NASA on this. You'll learn a LOT as NASA's extremely experienced in pioneering the space and beyond.
It's good to see countries like the UAE taking these initiatives, your next generation will expand on these ventures and you'll reach far. Very good move towards the future. At the least advanced science and technological knowledge would be gained by a project like this. Upper atmosphere is an amazing place accessible only through advance technology

7 years is barely enough to build a well designed car, let alone sending something to Mars.

Remember it is a step wise process.

You build someting that goes up few miles and splashes back down

Then you learn to send something 20 miles, then 50, then LEO, then HEO, then Moon, then Mars.

Each of these steps take about 2-3 years. so the total time needed is around 20+ years of hard work.

Off course one can buy a plane from Airbus and put the local flag on it. but that should not result in a statement "i build the aribus",

Or this is the plane built by "Arab wold" or Muslim world, or Martian world.

Please do not get duped by such statements.

Mate, the point is what stops the non-Western world from making better products on all fields than the Western world? ..
what is the need to stop them??? the stress should be on making better technology, not killing the opponent. Look at china, their products may be inferior today, but they will soon catch up the west and beat them in their field.

Beating the West in terms of science, technology etc. should be a long-term project and that project can be achieved without becoming a poor, sanctioned, isolated, backward and moronic pariah state like iran, North Korea or whatever failed states that you can find in the non-Western world.

Trust me when I say that they are in abundance. Both in the ME, South Asia and everywhere else.
yes, u nailed it. it is a long term project. so patience my dear friend.
but education (relevant) is of utmost importance. remember, the best resourse is human resource. if we arent able to develope them, then no matter of arms , ammo, science, tech wud sustain the growth towards prosperity

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom