What's new

UAE to send first Arab spaceship to Mars by 2021

“The UAE Mars probe represents the Islamic world’s entry into the era of space exploration. We will prove that we are capable of delivering new scientific contributions to humanity,” President His Highness Shaikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan said.
Wish best of luck to UAE.

The bold part,was that really required ,damn you are going to mars ,if its religion whats the point in going to mars.

The bold part,was that really required ,damn you are going to mars ,if its religion whats the point in going to mars.

Yes !!! This is the answer for crazy fanatics. Fu.. off ! :devil:

Muslims 'warned in Fatwa not to live on Mars'

Fatwa reportedly issued warning Muslims not to make 'hazardous trip' to live on Mars

By Barney Henderson
6:22PM GMT 19 Feb 2014

Muslims have been warned in a Fatwa not to go and live on Mars because it would pose "a real risk to life", according to a Dubai news organisation.

The General Authority of Islamic Affairs and Endowment (GAIAE) in the United Arab Emirates said that anyone making such a "hazardous trip" is likely to die for "no righteous reason".

They would therefore be liable to a "punishment similar to that of suicide in the Hereafter", the Khaleej Times reported.

The Fatwa was apparently issued in response to the proposal from the Dutch company Mars One last year to send four people on a one-way journey to the red planet in 2022.

"Such a one-way journey poses a real risk to life, and that can never be justified in Islam," the committee said. "There is a possibility that an individual who travels to planet Mars may not be able to remain alive there, and is more vulnerable to death."

"Protecting life against all possible dangers and keeping it safe is an issue agreed upon by all religions and is clearly stipulated in verse 4/29 of the Holy Koran: Do not kill yourselves or one another. Indeed, Allah is to you ever Merciful," the committee, chaired by Professor Dr Farooq Hamada, said.

Over 200,000 people have applied to be civilian-astronauts on the Mars One mission. Experts have questioned both the financial and practical viability of the mission.

The Mars One website states: "It is Mars One's goal to establish a human settlement on Mars. Human settlement of Mars is the next giant leap for humankind.

"Exploring the solar system as a united humanity will bring us all closer together. Mars is the stepping stone of the human race on its voyage into the universe."

The Telegraph

a fox tried to reach some grapes hanging high on the vine but was unable to, although he leaped with all his strength. As he went away, the fox remarked 'Oh, you aren't even ripe yet! I don't need any sour grapes.' People who speak disparagingly of things that they cannot attain would do well to apply this story to themselves.

;)
or the fox just went to a fruit store.

on the whole its a good thing that UAE has "started the initiative".
i m hopeful the whole muslim world wud get a new direction towards education n prosperity.
i feel a space programme is a much better thing to be proud of than an atom bomb.

Instead of space race they should enter into cartoonists race...........good artist impression though..........:o:

Anyway the most important thing is that there are such visions in a country like UAE with it's humble population. Prosperous or not. This can only be a positive thing. Time will tell if the project will become a success or not.

I for once like such visions and UAE has had very ambitious goals before on other areas but nevertheless managed to reach them.

I wonder what the excuse is for all the much more populous Muslim countries out there?

I simply do not understand why the Muslim world is not much more independent when it comes to technology.

The changes should happen at a much quicker rate I am afraid.

Why can KSA not do something like this? What stops the country? Much more manpower….

Well….

Back
Top Bottom