What's new

UAE, Pakistan and Mirage 2000-9s

Status
Not open for further replies.
and our Enemy has Mastered everything with Mirage-2009's .. Just like we have Mastered all Strategies with F-16's ..
Both IAF & PAF operates Mig21 & F7 respectively too which are technically same air craft.
There is no such major issue of ''Mastering'' any thing if you have advance training standards.

More Junk , Logistical night-mare , 4th Gen , old Technology ..
why not put these fund of development of JF block 3 with AESA , and other goodies ?
Mirage-2009's wont be coming for Free .. if not money UAE will ask for other benefits , who knows what they ask for ..

and our Enemy has Mastered everything with Mirage-2009's .. Just like we have Mastered all Strategies with F-16's ..
For long term it is a junk but for short term for stop gap it is an excellent choice.. just imagine if in a year it replaces all the non Rose Mirages how much boost will it give to PAF...JF17 will not quickly replace all F7 and Mirages..it will take time. and we see after every few months 1 mirage crashing...so its not bad idea atall..

Nothing much is fixed right now , except from the fact that such a competition would be started and these 4 have offered their participation.

Then there is nothing to discuss about the same and we would be assuming way too earlier and too much.

On topic: From immediate requirement/need point of view, it will really help to replace ageing fleet as well as add more punch to PAF.

Regards,

Both IAF & PAF operates Mig21 & F7 respectively too which are technically same air craft.
There is no such major issue of ''Mastering'' any thing if you have advance training standards.

we did but Today things are different no ? Mig21 - F7 their Role is limited but Mirages are used by IAF while we don't , we Use Mirage III/V which are not same i guess . . and the big question arise here that why not Buy more old block F-16 ? or why not Transfer these Funds to make more JF, why add another same Generation Aircraft , which will bring nothing new to the Table except more begging we have to do to French , and Indians can easily block any Sell of Spare parts, and so now we want to Operate two of our Front line fighters which can be handicap in battle ( f-16 and Mirage ) because of Spare parts ?
if we have to buy the Mirage-2000-9' than why we cancel order for J-10C ? as far as i know J-10C is much better than Mirage , and comes with AESA and freedom to incorporate any weapon/system you want ..

well it will be a good deal if french either give tot or an assurance should b given that under no cicumstances they will not stop the supply of spare parts ....and otherwise its a waste of money and resources on old technology

i think we should spend more on jf17 block 3 with better airframe, buy two squadron of j31 from China and also join Turkish TAI prog.

For long term it is a junk but for short term for stop gap it is an excellent choice.. just imagine if in a year it replaces all the non Rose Mirages how much boost will it give to PAF...JF17 will not quickly replace all F7 and Mirages..it will take time. and we see after every few months 1 mirage crashing...so its not bad idea atall..

PAF major rona is about Funds, and now we are looking to buy a similar gen Aircraft which we know can be a headache in terms of Logistics , and French are famous to squeeze balls from their customers .. and if we have $$$ than and want to add stop gaps , than why not J-10C , or more F-16 ... ? J-10C comes with AESA , you can get 50 from China + they can give you 10 for free as well :D No logistical Nightmare, you can get all support you want from Chinese without a raise in eye brows ..

PAF major rona is about Funds, and now we are looking to buy a similar gen Aircraft which we know can be a headache in terms of Logistics , and French are famous to squeeze balls from their customers .. and if we have $$$ than and want to add stop gaps , than why not J-10C , or more F-16 ... ? J-10C comes with AESA , you can get 50 from China + they can give you 10 for free as well :D No logistical Nightmare, you can get all support you want from Chinese without a raise in eye brows ..
Dear Your right i wont disagree with you but I also look from different perspective...
1. It will be replacing our 3rd Generation Jets....
2.We have lot of experiance in M2K becaue lot of PAF crew still work in UAE on Depotation.
3. J10C will take time to reach us even if we place an order because china itself has a big Airforce.
4. You never know when things get hot on border.

so if you think bit realistically it is not a bad move..

we did but Today things are different no ? Mig21 - F7 their Role is limited
No their role are not limited.
F7 in PAF are used not only for Point air defense but also for interception & Combat air support.

and the big question arise here that why not Buy more old block F-16 ?

It is just an option. No one is enforcing PAF to buy M2K at cost of F16. We can follow both if conditions are feasible or none if conditions are not feasible. But its always good to have multiple choices on table.

why add another same Generation Aircraft , which will bring nothing new to the Table except more begging we have to do to French , and Indians can easily block any Sell of Spare parts, and so now we want to Operate two of our Front line fighters which can be handicap in battle ( f-16 and Mirage ) because of Spare parts ?

Its more like ''assumption''. Those who are dealing with such issues will iron out such risks and fears.

if we have to buy the Mirage-2009' than why we cancel order for J-10C ? as far as i know J-10C is much better than Mirage , and comes with AESA and freedom to incorporate any weapon/system you want ..

If all demands are properly met, PAF can raise 3 squadrons of M2K by 2019 at minimum cost. J10C is separate thing. The tech offered by J10C is same as offered by Jf17 Blk3. Its better to keep leverage with French in coming times just to have more options on table :)

No their role are not limited.
F7 in PAF are used not only for Point air defense but also for interception & Combat air support.

Thanks for Correcting me ..

It is just an option. No one is enforcing PAF to buy M2K at cost of F16. We can follow both if conditions are feasible or none if conditions are not feasible. But its always good to have multiple choices on table.

Of course its just a Option , and i am just sharing my opinion over it , even if PAF is considering they would have already deal with every Possible question we can think off ..

Its more like ''assumption''. Those who are dealing with such issues will iron out such risks and fears.

Agree .

If all demands are properly met, PAF can raise 3 squadrons of M2K by 2019 at minimum cost. J10C is separate thing. The tech offered by J10C is same as offered by Jf17 Blk3. Its better to keep leverage with French in coming times just to have more options on table :)

Mirage 2000-9 can be Good for Ground Attack role , no doubt and hopefully we can Incorporate Ra'ad with it as well like we did with ROSE III/V . but than i wonder how Mirage 2k9 are different from JF block 3 by keeping the information we have about the new system which will be put in block 3 ? wont both be at par with each other except for Payload ?

Dear Your right i wont disagree with you but I also look from different perspective...
1. It will be replacing our 3rd Generation Jets....
2.We have lot of experiance in M2K becaue lot of PAF crew still work in UAE on Depotation.
3. J10C will take time to reach us even if we place an order because china itself has a big Airforce.
4. You never know when things get hot on border.

so if you think bit realistically it is not a bad move..

UAE recently Love relationship with India make things shaddy between two nations anyway , and i have no reason to believe that habibi will give Mirages2K9 for a low price ..rest you can read post#39

If you really want M2K from UAE, then get enough air craft to raise 3 squadrons. If each air craft is offered at 1/3rd of its original price, Dassault is ready to co operate in lubricating supplies for spares & upgradartion of Mirage Rebild Factory to facilitate Repair/overhaul of M2K. Then why not!
Delta Should be replaced by Delta. And considering the fact that these air carfts are upgraded & not ''as old'' so buying them with entire package will be a cheap, time saving & effective way to boast PAF.

And we are already familiar with this air craft

View attachment 369392

@Khafee UAE intend to replace Mirages with Rafale?
Well than we need to go for all 57 and upgrade them here in Pakistan with France and China's help

best alternative of mirage III /V
good for PAF to counter aerial threats

If it is the case then let's hear the French/Dassault word as well that we cannot pursue such large buy of another Mirage Type without after sale support/service. By looking at track record, India must have a condition for France in Rafale Contract, mentioned to stop such further sales to Pakistan or who knows.

@Windjammer what's your read about this....
I haven't read the full article yet, however until recently there were some hostile voices coming out of UAE towards Pakistan, but allegedly during this meeting, much was said and discussed. ( Check the body language)...If UAE decides to go for the Rafales, then it also has influence over France.

Qamar-Bajwa-in-Saudi.jpg

If you really want M2K from UAE, then get enough air craft to raise 3 squadrons. If each air craft is offered at 1/3rd of its original price, Dassault is ready to co operate in lubricating supplies for spares & upgradartion of Mirage Rebild Factory to facilitate Repair/overhaul of M2K. Then why not!
Delta Should be replaced by Delta. And considering the fact that these air carfts are upgraded & not ''as old'' so buying them with entire package will be a cheap, time saving & effective way to boast PAF.

And we are already familiar with this air craft

View attachment 369392

@Khafee UAE intend to replace Mirages with Rafale?
That's a Qatari Mirage, there were reports that Pakistan is also negotiating for these aircraft.

I haven't read the full article yet, however until recently there were some hostile voices coming out of UAE towards Pakistan

Well said. though....

We also cannot ignore pro or anti lobbies in any country that somehow business lover community wouldn't like to have a rival investing spot contrary to their all spending in India but as majority, we can see good relations with UAE. Those such voices were actually from the same lobby whose interests are a bit hurt through CPEC/Gwadar (tilted towards India and their investment in their) but IMO, we cannot assume the same as majority.

but allegedly during this meeting, much was said and discussed. ( Check the body language)...If UAE decides to go for the Rafales, then it also has influence over France.

Agreed.

Good news is that CAC(developing J20) is developing stealthy version of J10D to compete with SAC FC31. Pakistan will have more choice.

Damn

That's seriously a good news.. any thread available??

ON TOPIC:

But if we want a new Plane why don't we go for J-10C from china???

Will get them in good numbers too and J-10C can perform all the roles which Mirage 2000-9 can...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom