What's new

UAE Mirage Fighter Jet Crashes Over Yemen

Maarkhoor

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
635935436091363498-Mirage.jpg

DUBAI — A United Arab Emirates fighter jet has crashed in the southern port city of Aden during a combat operation in the early morning hours of Monday, killing two pilots.

A statement from the Saudi-led coalition in Yemen confirmed that the fighter jet was one of the French-made Dassault Mirage 2000-9s participating in the operations.

The UAE operates alongside the Mirage 2000-9s F-16 block 60s in their Operation Restoring Hope missions over Yemen as well as other logistical and transport aircraft.

"The Supreme Command of the Armed Forces announced today that a fighter jet taking part in the Arab coalition led by Saudi Arabia ... in Yemen was missing," a statement on the official WAM news agency said Monday afternoon, without giving further details.

According to a statement released by the coalition, the Mirage crashed “due to a technical fault.”

According to the UAE armed forces, clashes last night and earlier this morning took place in Aden between security forces and al-Qaida militants in the southern capital.

A government official told AFP that a coalition jet had carried out an air raid against the home of a local ISIS commander at dawn, killing the target’s 18-year-old son, near the plane crash site.

Coalition Apache helicopters were also taking part in the fighting on Monday, security officials said.

“We saw Apache helicopters fire rockets and open machine gun fire at al-Qaida militants” in the al-Mansoura district of Aden, one witness told the news agency.

This is the first known case of a UAE jet from the coalition crashing since the campaign began in March last year.

In December, a Bahraini F-16 crashed in Saudi Arabia due to a "technical error." The pilot was saved and the plane's wreckage was found.

It was the second coalition jet to crash after a Moroccan warplane went down during a mission over Yemen in May. Its pilot was later found dead and his body was returned home.

The coalition said at the time that the crash had been caused by a technical fault or human error, and it

denied rebel claims that they downed the plane.

UAE Mirage Fighter Jet Crashes Over Yemen

This is posted by you in OP. Hence, I ...

DUBAI — A United Arab Emirates fighter jet has crashed in the southern port city ofAden during a combat operation in the early morning hours of Monday, killing two pilots.

Source: UAE Mirage Fighter Jet Crashes Over Yemen

Still not confirmed that pilots either bailed out safely or martyred.

I hope & Pray that Pilots are Safe. Further, you may consider removing the part Highlighted by me from OP.

Damn are they still fighting over there, i thought it was all done and dusted.
R.I.P

I don't understand..................... what type of airspace Yemen has?

F15 crashed : Technical error
F16 crashed : Technical error
M2K crashed: Technical error

What type of error is that?
One caused due to direct hit from man pad?

I don't understand..................... what type of airspace Yemen has?

F15 crashed : Technical error
F16 crashed : Technical error
M2K crashed: Technical error

What type of error is that?
One caused due to direct hit from man pad?

Yemeni officials said the two-seat plane was flying low when it crashed into a mountain after bombing raids in Buraiqa district, in north-west Aden – a base for Al Qaeda militants.

Families pay tribute to ‘brave’ Emirati pilots killed in Yemen | The National

إِنَّا للهِ وَإِنَّـا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعونَ

a3.jpg

a1.jpg

Obaid Al Hmoudi, father of fallen hero Mohammed Al Hmoudi, cries during his son’s funeral held in Dibba Al Hisn at the Rashed Bin Ahmed Al Qassimi Mosque.

SHARJAH // Hundreds of well-wishers and servicemen from the northernmost part of Sharjah took part in the funeral of Mohammed Al Hmoudi, the first martyr from Dibba Al Hisn.

His father and brothers could not contain their tears as the 25-year-old serviceman was laid to rest.

“Mohammed told us he would bring a Medal of Honour to the family and he did," said his father Obaid.

“He called his mother every day, and the last call was just before he died."

Father and brothers mourn as fighter pilot is laid to rest | The National

a2.jpg

The bodies of the two Emirati pilots, Zayed Al Kaabi and Mohammed Al Hmoudi, who died in Yemen, arrive at Al Bateen Airport in Abu Dhabi on Tuesday.

This is the first time these guys are in a sustained operation against forces and accidents mistakes happen. It could be the rebels but I doubt they have anything beyond basic small arms. It could be gun gas ingestion, flying into the debris of their own weapons, CFIT or a plethora of speculations upon speculations. However, considering that the aircraft has one of best ejection systems available; the cause is either catastrophic failure, pilots choosing to go down to avoid civilian casualties.. or CFIT. As the Yemini officials have said so and the operation was at night.. CFIT it is and it effects every airforce.

Target fixation and loss of positioning can get pilots to forget what landmark they were near or not; hence they lose focus for just that tiny bit and pay the ultimate price. It is a sad but clear reality of combat operations since the days of WWI. It has little to do with the calibre of the pilot and is usually a mixture of factors including visibility, pilot fatigue and the awareness of the combat control centre.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom