What's new

UAE firm introduced armed drone at Dubai air show

Ababeel

Reaction score
Country
Maldives

Emirati group Adcom Systems introduced an armed drone at the Dubai Airshow on Thursday, developed at a time when many military powers continue to import the unmanned aircraft increasingly used in warfare.

The MALE (Medium Altitude Long Endurance) plane should begin testing in early December and be available to customers in February, Ali al-Dhaheri, the president of the Abu Dhabi-based company, told AFP.

The device, known as United 40, can carry eight 60-kilometre (37-miles) range “Nemrod” missiles in its fuselage. Those are also developed by Adcom and are to be tested in January.

Adcom Systems, a conglomerate of 37 companies, mainly manufactures drones used for air force training.

Dhaheri stressed that the technology for the United 40 was developed by his company.

“All systems are ours. We are a leading innovator in aerodynamics,” he said.

Drones under development by European defense firms are using technology purchased from Israel.

Dassault Aviation of France and Britain’s BAE Systems are jointly working on a drone project, while the European aerospace and defense group EADS is still working on its drone Talarion.

The UAE model, which took five years to develop, has a wingspan of 17.5 meters, a maximum payload of 400 kilogram’s, and carries 300 liters of fuel, of which 260 liters are in the wings, Dhaheri said.

photo_1321563668444-1-0.jpg

united-40_rrp_web.jpg

Actually this is United-40 UCAV. Top 2 pictures are of Yabhon Reconaissance UAV.

Wow go UAE go. Show the world that we can do it. Not just a drone but a missile also. Our developments sure will make Israel unhappy :D

Very Well! Feel Really Proud on you.... ,Gud work:yahoo:

I hope Saudi Arabia and UAE along with US are NOT using weapons against Iran, it would be unacceptables definitely.

Happi to hear any good work done by UAE in aerodynamics...Arabs are pretty smart too....:)

I hope Saudi Arabia and UAE along with US are NOT using weapons against Iran, it would be unacceptables definitely.

If they don't give a reason to use these weapons against them then no harm will befall them it is as simple as that. We don't want war in the region while EVERYONE around us is looking for it from Iran to Israel to the US.

If they don't give a reason to use these weapons against them then no harm will befall them it is as simple as that. We don't want war in the region while EVERYONE around us is looking for it from Iran to Israel to the US.

Depends the GCC if war with Iran would have an edge however Iran could really damage the gulf states, really Isreal and the USA :cheesy: really Isreal actually prefers SA to iran why because Saudi's see Iran as a bigger threat not to mention SA is quiet on the issue of Israel, common enemy both SA and Israel have now, lolz USA wants SA into a conflict is the stupidest thing I've heard that means oil prices would sky rocket.

Depends the GCC if war with Iran would have an edge however Iran could really damage the gulf states, really Isreal and the USA :cheesy: really Isreal actually prefers SA to iran why because Saudi's see Iran as a bigger threat not to mention SA is quiet on the issue of Israel, common enemy both SA and Israel have now, lolz USA wants SA into a conflict is the stupidest thing I've heard that means oil prices would sky rocket.

Why you trolling? You exposed your deep hatred for Saudi Arabia because they are Anti-Zionist earlier so you come here to troll and spread propaganda. Yes very Neutral indeed.

Yes, Arabs should be smart enought to resist US pressure to kill each other in the region. I don't want to see Arabs against Iran, it would be unacceptable definitely. I know a bit you are Anti-Iranian for some reasons ......and NeutralCitizen is Anti-Pakistan, Anti-Arabs, Anti-Russia, Anti Egyptian himself.

Let's chill and communicate to clear misconception.

Why you trolling? You exposed your deep hatred for Saudi Arabia because they are Anti-Zionist earlier so you come here to troll and spread propaganda. Yes very Neutral indeed.

First I get accused of being an Anti Russian no I'm Anti Zionist, Next Saudi hater next anti Pakistan etc etc, what was trolling about it when it's true ? what propaganda due tell.

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

Yes, Arabs should be smart enought to resist US pressure to kill each other in the region. I don't want to see Arabs against Iran, it would be unacceptable definitely. I know a bit you are Anti-Iranian for some reasons ......and NeutralCitizen is Anti-Pakistan, Anti-Arabs, Anti-Russia, Anti Egyptian himself.

Let's chill and communicate to clear misconception.

LOLZ I was accused of being a zionist when I'm an Anti Zionist I get accused of being anti Russia and Anti Pakistani when I'm just stating the facts I'm not anti anything unless it's Zionism :azn:

Back
Top Bottom