What's new

U.S. warships stay in Philippines amid transgender murder probe

Killed 16 innocent people but the soldier only punishment was locked up in the prison? He should be executed by his murderous action not to be well feed with recreational time in US prison.
Sheet i'd rather end it than to live behind bars for the rest of my life. Death penalty is more humane and easy way out imho.

This soldier's action does not reflect the whole army.

Or rather, one soldier's action does not reflect the whole nation. Sadly, the Chinese and anyone who have animosity towards the Americans think otherwise...

I remember reading in the comment section of news about the Manila hostage fiasco that some Chinese calling every single Filipinos as savages and even calling for the deaths of 10 to 100 Filipinos for every HK tourist killed.

Hell, I also remember one particular member here in PK Defence named "Martin" (he is using different username in other website) posting comments in the comment section in news links about the Taiwan fisherman murder that Taiwan must take over Luzon and exterminate every Filipino living on Luzon

Last edited:
Or rather, one soldier's action does not reflect the whole nation. Sadly, the Chinese and anyone who have animosity towards the Americans think otherwise...

I remember reading in the comment section of news about the Manila hostage fiasco that some Chinese calling every single Filipinos and even calling for 10 to 100 Filipinos for every HK tourist killed.

Hell I also remember one particular member here in PK Defence named "Martin" (he is using different username in other website) posting comments in the comment section in news links about the Taiwan fisherman murder that Taiwan must take over Luzon and exterminate every Filipino living on Luzon

I try to ignore these type of Chinese as they don't really represent the whole of China though sometimes they go under your skin which is usually their intent. I mean this is an opinion based forum, we see a lot of knowledgeable people and there are tons of trolls also.

I try to ignore these type of Chinese as they don't really represent the whole of China though sometimes they go under your skin which is usually their intent. I mean this is an opinion based forum, we see a lot of knowledgeable people and there are tons of trolls also.

But we are talking China here - it can be either trolls, ultra-nationalist netizens, or the 50-cent posters.

But we are talking China here - it can be either trolls, ultra-nationalist netizens, or the 50-cent posters.

I don't know if you've noticed, and I am not sure how, but a few Chinese in the past and one just recently (i can't find his/her thread) lost their way and wandered in these forums and when they post something, even in broken English, they are usually well mannered and very respectful compared to a few regulars here who suspiciously speak very fluent English.

MANILA (1st UPDATE) - The German fiance of slain transgender Jennifer Laude is planning to go to the Philippines to attend Laude's funeral.

Laude's family has been waiting for Marc Sueselbeck's confirmation that he will be able to fly to Olongapo before deciding when she will be laid to rest.

Sueselbeck said his employer has allowed him to take a leave from work to be with Laude's family.

He said he will discuss with the family their next steps in finding justice for Jennifer.

Sueselbeck earlier said he had long been planning to take Laude with him to Germany. He said he had no problems with Laude being a transgender woman.

Laude was found dead at a lodge in Olongapo City last Saturday, October 11. Her body was found less than an hour after she checked into a room with a male foreigner.

Based on the initial investigation of the Olongapo police, Laude's neck was pressed down on the toilet seat, while her head was being shoved into the toilet bowl.

Two used condoms were also found in the garbage can inside the hotel room.

A suspect, identified as Private First Class Joseph Scott Pemberton, is currently being investigated for the killing.

:woot: what was "she" doing with a GI when "she" was enganged already?

Sure the US Marine is involved in the murder case but remember, Gabriela and Bagong Alyansang Makabayan (Bayan) are two of the the leftist groups in the Philippines that is seemingly quiet when it comes to other issues that doesn't involve the US.
----------------
US ‘harboring a criminal’ by keeping soldier during Laude slay probe—Gabriela
Tarra Quismundo |Philippine Daily Inquirer
7:07 pm | Tuesday, October 14th, 2014

MANILA, Philippines—In keeping custody of a murder suspect, the United States is “harboring” a criminal.

Noting a case all too familiar, Gabriela Women’s Alliance chair emerita Liza Maza had this to say about the continuing stay of US Marine Private First Class Joseph Scott Pemberton in American custody as Philippine authorities started investigating his alleged involvement in the death of Filipino transgender Jeffrey Laude at in Olongapo City on Saturday.

“It looks like the US is harboring the criminal. Just like before,” Maza told the Philippine Daily Inquirer when reached by phone on Tuesday.

“They know who he is, but no arrest has been made. Police are saying that investigation is ongoing, but I think that is all hogwash. This is a mockery of our justice system, of our investigation process,” she said on Tuesday.

Maza and her coalition of women’s groups, were active in calls for justice in the rape case that Filipino woman “Nicole” filed in 2005 against US Marine Lance Corporal Daniel Smith and three others.

Smith was not detained during the trial process, but was briefly held at the Makati City jail after being found guilty on Dec. 4, 2006. Through agreements between then Foreign Affairs Secretary Alberto Romulo and US Ambassador to the Philippines Kristie Kenney, he was whisked to the US Embassy late at night on Dec. 29, 2006 and held there while his conviction was on appeal.

In resolving a petition questioning the detention arrangement, the Supreme Court upheld the VFA as constitutional but ruled that agreements between Romulo and Kenney handing over Smith’s custody to the US Embassy after his conviction was “not in accordance” with the treaty.

The court then ordered Romulo to negotiate the detention arrangement with the US, observing status quo while talks were ongoing. Smith was, however, never returned to Philippine custody as he was eventually acquitted in April 2009, after the woman recanted her accusations. He was immediately flown back home.

“This early, I could already see what’s going to happen. This very much looks familiar,” said Maza.

She said the Olongapo murder was worse than the “Nicole” rape case as it involved the loss of life.

“Someone died here… Under the VFA (Visiting Forces Agreement), the Philippine government may ask for custody. Our government is really inutile,” said Maza.

The VFA is a Philippine-US pact that lays down terms covering the conduct of American forces while in the Philippines.

Section 1 (a) of the pact’s Article V, which lays down provisions on criminal jurisdiction, grants the Philippines “jurisdiction over United States personnel with respect to offenses committed within the Philippines and punishable under the law of the Philippines…”

But Section 6 of the same article states that custody will remain with US authorities “if they so request, from the commission of the offense until completion of all judicial proceedings.”

Bagong Alyansang Makabayan (Bayan) Secretary-General Renato Reyes Jr. meanwhile warned that more of such cases involving visiting American servicemen might happen with the implementation of the Philippine-US Enhanced Defense Cooperation Agreement (EDCA).

EDCA is an agreement allowing greater US access to Philippine military facilities. Bayan, which believes the pact would allow the return of American bases here, is among petitioners questioning the constitutionality of the pact.

“EDCA will definitely multiply such cases since US troops will be allowed to base in our country. Their permanent presence will make our countrymen more vulnerable to abuse,” said Reyes.

Read more: US ‘harboring a criminal’ by keeping soldier during Laude slay probe—Gabriela | Inquirer Global Nation

---------
Yet when it comes to China doing something, Bayan group and Gabriela are suspiciously quite.

To solve this, I think the United States Navy should hand over the aforementioned suspect to the Philippines for investigation. This individual had sex with the transgendered Filipino , twice, apparently, as there were 2 used condoms. Then afterwards, strangled the transgendered person on the toilet seat naked. Then left the scene.

Disgusting.

Yes, tourists and immigrants may commit crimes, as do soldiers. The difference is, when a tourist/immigrant commits crimes, local law enforcement deals with them accordingly and the local courts sentence them as if they were just a local - no preferential treatment given. A foreign soldier, however, is subject to the laws of their originating nation, not local law.

The question for Filipinos is this - who has hurt more Filipinos? Has a Chinese soldier, in all of history, harmed a single Filipino who was not a participant in expeditionary warfare against China? You say that the Chinese are "taking your islands" - who took your ENTIRE NATION for 50 years? Those islands are disputed anyways, is Manila disputed too? I truly don't understand why Filipinos have a problem with Chinese when its not Chinese you should be worried about, its your regime and its failure to secure true Filipino independence.

MANILA (1st UPDATE) - The German fiance of slain transgender Jennifer Laude is planning to go to the Philippines to attend Laude's funeral.

Laude's family has been waiting for Marc Sueselbeck's confirmation that he will be able to fly to Olongapo before deciding when she will be laid to rest.

Sueselbeck said his employer has allowed him to take a leave from work to be with Laude's family.

He said he will discuss with the family their next steps in finding justice for Jennifer.

Sueselbeck earlier said he had long been planning to take Laude with him to Germany. He said he had no problems with Laude being a transgender woman.

Laude was found dead at a lodge in Olongapo City last Saturday, October 11. Her body was found less than an hour after she checked into a room with a male foreigner.

Based on the initial investigation of the Olongapo police, Laude's neck was pressed down on the toilet seat, while her head was being shoved into the toilet bowl.

Two used condoms were also found in the garbage can inside the hotel room.

A suspect, identified as Private First Class Joseph Scott Pemberton, is currently being investigated for the killing.

:woot: what was "she" doing with a GI when "she" was enganged already?
This is very unfortunate incident. I hope, there would be proper justice be given to Jerry a.k.a. Jennifer. It seems to me that that this young, ignorant, marine was expecting his hotel room companion to be a woman and got a different surprise. If Jennifer had been up front with the marine before entering his hotel room, she would probably still be alive right now. A little honesty goes a long way.

Sure the US Marine is involved in the murder case but remember, Gabriela and Bagong Alyansang Makabayan (Bayan) are two of the the leftist groups in the Philippines that is seemingly quiet when it comes to other issues that doesn't involve the US.

Yet when it comes to China doing something, Bayan group and Gabriela are suspiciously quite.
This what made me also disappointed. Some leftist group is now using this very isolated case of sex murder into political.

Last edited:
Yes, tourists and immigrants may commit crimes, as do soldiers. The difference is, when a tourist/immigrant commits crimes, local law enforcement deals with them accordingly and the local courts sentence them as if they were just a local - no preferential treatment given. A foreign soldier, however, is subject to the laws of their originating nation, not local law.

The question for Filipinos is this - who has hurt more Filipinos? Has a Chinese soldier, in all of history, harmed a single Filipino who was not a participant in expeditionary warfare against China? You say that the Chinese are "taking your islands" - who took your ENTIRE NATION for 50 years? Those islands are disputed anyways, is Manila disputed too? I truly don't understand why Filipinos have a problem with Chinese when its not Chinese you should be worried about, its your regime and its failure to secure true Filipino independence.

Chinese troops to seize Zhongye Island back from the Philippines in 2014
POSTED BY CHANKAIYEE2 ⋅ JANUARY 11, 2014

Chinese troops to seize Zhongye Island back from the Philippines in 2014 | China Daily Mail

China’s salami-slicing cabbage strategy to seize PH islands and reefs
Rodel Rodis |
3:14 pm | Monday, June 3rd, 2013

China’s salami-slicing cabbage strategy to seize PH islands and reefs | Inquirer Global Nation

China Threatens War vs. Vietnam and the Phillipines

China Threatens War vs. Vietnam and the Phillipines « Prophecy Updates and Commentary

China ship blasts Pinoy fishermen with water cannon
By Alexis Romero (The Philippine Star) | Updated February 25, 2014 - 12:00am

China ship blasts Pinoy fishermen with water cannon | Headlines, News, The Philippine Star | philstar.com

Philippines: At the Receiving End of Beijing’s Banana-Stick Policy

Philippines: At the Receiving End of Beijing’s Banana-Stick Policy by Amruta Karambelkar

Chinese troops to seize Zhongye Island back from the Philippines in 2014
POSTED BY CHANKAIYEE2 ⋅ JANUARY 11, 2014

Chinese troops to seize Zhongye Island back from the Philippines in 2014 | China Daily Mail

China’s salami-slicing cabbage strategy to seize PH islands and reefs
Rodel Rodis |
3:14 pm | Monday, June 3rd, 2013

China’s salami-slicing cabbage strategy to seize PH islands and reefs | Inquirer Global Nation

China Threatens War vs. Vietnam and the Phillipines
China Threatens War vs. Vietnam and the Phillipines « Prophecy Updates and Commentary

China ship blasts Pinoy fishermen with water cannon
By Alexis Romero (The Philippine Star) | Updated February 25, 2014 - 12:00am

China ship blasts Pinoy fishermen with water cannon | Headlines, News, The Philippine Star | philstar.com

Philippines: At the Receiving End of Beijing’s Banana-Stick Policy

Philippines: At the Receiving End of Beijing’s Banana-Stick Policy by Amruta Karambelkar

Do these islands belong to you, or your regime? What benefit has the islands brought to you? Did it prevent your regime from selling out your independence?

Do these islands belong to you, or your regime? What benefit has the islands brought to you? Did it prevent your regime from selling out your independence?

16978-01.jpg

Old Map Showing Spratlys as Part of the Philippines

Sabah, Palawan and the Spratlys were given to the Sulu Sultanate by the Brunei Sultanate in the 1400's.

Sulu Sultanate Rejects China's Claim Over Spratlys

Sulu Sultanate rejects China claim over Spratlys | Global Balita

historically, the proprietary rights over the Spratlys, Sabah, the Sulu archipelago, and Palawan and parts of Mindanao belong to the Sultanate of Sulu and Sabah even long before the Spaniards came to the Philippines.

images

Our indisputable proof of ownership...our small barangay in Pag-asa Island.

We are the FIRST to occupy the islands after Japanese renounce their ownership. Taiwan occupies Taiping Island only because the Taiwanese used force to removed our People there(and that's illegal under international law)

Back
Top Bottom