What's new

U.S. wants to widen area in Pakistan where it can operate drones

Wheres the proof that Pakistan is shielding Mullah Omar and other Al Qaeda members?

Do you log in on an internet forum expecting to see evidence of activities related to terrorism?

Considering what these bastards have done to our country, i find it hard to believe that GOP will be shielding these animals.

Afghan taliban and Pakistani taliban are two seperate entities. PA wants to act against TTP etc. but not against Afghan taliban like Sirajuddin Haqqani, Quetta Shura for it wants to retain them as strategic assets to take over Afghanistan once the US leaves.

Besides, whats the point of hiding in Pakistan when almost half of Afghanistan is under Taliban's control.

Because there the yanks are after their a$$e$.

At least i can claim that PA launched a campaign against the TTP with their meagre resources and wiped them off in Swat and South Waziristan.

Yes because TTP had no support from US or else do you think it would be so easy for PA? Don't forget that it was US that killed Baitullah Maisud.

:no::no::no:

NO WE CANT ALLOW YOU THAT !!

But in the end you will have the authority to do so over all Pakistan :frown: because we have got such a nice president! :angry:

Give up the al Qaeda and Taliban leaders and all this would go away. Pakistan is paying a frightful price for allowing al Qaeda and Mullah Omar to be safe and comfortable in their country. Pakistanis should ask their Government why Zawahiri, bin Laden and Omar are worth so much of their blood? The only possible answers are: (1) India/Kashmir and (2) love for Islamic Jihad.

Al Qaeda is of no use to Pakistan, infact it would be in Pakistan's interest for Al Qaeda to be destroyed. Al Qaeda declared war against Pakistan just as they declared war against the U.S.

Afghan Taliban and Mullah Omar had nothing to do with 9/11 attacks. U.S. blames Al Qaeda for the 9/11 attacks not Afghan Taliban.

Making too many enemies is never good, focus on one group at a time.

I made this account about two days back but seeing the stupidity of that post of yours, I could not refrain from posting.

Enough about me, come to topic.

BTW, calling another a troll won't make you any less of it.

I have been on this forum for a lot lot longer than you, i have been very constructive in my posts and tolerated my fair share of trolls with various national flags from India to Israel but frankly when you have only 2 posts and you quote me and say do i go on the internet looking for evidence let me just correct you by saying...

First rule for making an argument in a debate or presenting your opinion, you present empirical or supporting evidence to back up your analysis or conclusion.

Hell, even the president has to give facts to back up his or her decision. It is common practice, so perhaps your new to this sort of thing but we don't kindly to senseless accusations about Pakistan here... This is a Pakistani forum first.. Read the header "Pakistan Defence Forum".

stupidity
Personal attacks only further re-enforce my suspicion of your intent here.

I could not refrain from posting.
yeah posting a one liner must be hard work... her have a break, have a kit kat.

calling another a troll won't make you any less of it.

I say it like i see it, posts count for me 700+. Post count for you?... besides the mod's here don't take kindly to trolling, Pakistani or otherwise, i am sure i would have been hit with the ban hammer a long time ago if that were the case.

Which begs the question... Are you here to debate to toll quote people's posts with one liners and provocation?

First rule for making an argument in a debate or presenting your opinion, you present empirical or supporting evidence to back up your analysis or conclusion.

Hell, even the president has to give facts to back up his or her decision. It is common practice, so perhaps your new to this sort of thing but we don't kindly to senseless accusations about Pakistan here... This is a Pakistani forum first.. Read the header "Pakistan Defence Forum".

Be it as it may, at the end of the day, it IS an internet discussion forum and one cannot seriously expect to find evidence like forensics, voice samples, sattelite phone records, call details etc. here.

It would be plain stupid to do that. As regards the president etc., they for sure will not come to an internet forum to present 'evidence', will they?

P.S. It's not that I cannot reply to rest of your post. I can, but I choose not to. It's called discernment it shall give you a pretty fair idea as to what I'm here for.

One common refrain , I find here is 'Blame-Zardari-syndrome' whenever something goes wrong or the 'Praise-Kayani-syndrome' whenever something good happens.

For example on this topic of drone attacks ,many previous posters have said that as Zardari as the President,the expansion may be allowed whrereas in reality all these decisions --- Allowing drone attacks,expanding operations etc----normally come upon 'based' on the advice from the 'GHQ'.

So why blame Zardari here ??

One common refrain , I find here is 'Blame-Zardari-syndrome' whenever something goes wrong or the 'Praise-Kayani-syndrome' whenever something good happens.

For example on this topic of drone attacks ,many previous posters have said that as Zardari as the President,the expansion may be allowed whrereas in reality all these decisions --- Allowing drone attacks,expanding operations etc----normally come upon 'based' on the advice from the 'GHQ'.

So why blame Zardari here ??

Why blame Zardari... Have you been keeping up with Pakistani news recently? Why did the British blame Blair and why the the yanks blame Bush?

Why blame Zardari... Have you been keeping up with Pakistani news recently? Why did the British blame Blair and why the the yanks blame Bush?

Have you been keeping up with the news at all ?

You are saying that Zardari wields more power/influence in your decision making capabilities than Kayani ?

I can safely say Blair wielded the ultimate authority in Britain ,after the Queen , and no 'General' dare question him on his foreign policy or any policy issue. Same goes for Bush.

Can you say the same for Zardari -- that he is the ultimate authority in Pakistan and his decision is the final decision ??

C'mon whom are you kidding ?

Alright folks When Pakistani Govt has rejected against any drone operating in Bulochistan why stretch the discussion.

For american counterparts Focus on al-qaeda and particularly Saudi Arabia who funded them, 9/11 had alleged Saudi and arabian terrorists while you people went an opposite way to play dirty game on behalf of zionists but gladly 9 years down the line plans failed and I'm just reading NATO has decided to run away tails between their legs from afghanistan.

Specifically for american members go back and read history from 1990-2010 in between it you'll find funds were routing from Gulf so naturally you focus should be Arabs.

Have you been keeping up with the news at all ?

You are saying that Zardari wields more power/influence in your decision making capabilities than Kayani ?

I can safely say Blair wielded the ultimate authority in Britain ,after the Queen , and no 'General' dare question him on his foreign policy or any policy issue. Same goes for Bush.

Can you say the same for Zardari -- that he is the ultimate authority in Pakistan and his decision is the final decision ??

C'mon whom are you kidding ?

Guess who is more open to receptive to uncle sam's arm twisting Z or K?... If you think zardari is just sitting pretty like HRH Queen Elizabeth then your in for a rude awakening.

This has baffled many, who is really in charge of Pakistan?

The general perception is Gen Kayani, and the civil government is just a puppet in the army hands.

It is well known that the foreign policy, the defence and finance is controlled by the army.

Also I think Pakistan can object only when it believes innocents have been killed in Drone attacks. So far the attacks have been pin point accurate and all those killed are millitants, as has been reported Daily in the Pakistan news papers... that so many millitants killed in drone attack etc etc. So the USA is in reality making Pakistan armys job easier.

Last edited:
This has baffled many, who is really in charge of Pakistan?

The general perception is Gen Kayani, and the civil government is just a puppet in the army hands.

It is well known that the foreign policy, the defence and finance is controlled by the army.

Also I think Pakistan can object only when it believes innocents have been killed in Drone attacks. So far the attacks have been pin point accurate and all those killed are millitants, as has been reported Daily in the Pakistan news papers... that so many millitants killed in drone attack etc etc. So the USA is in reality making Pakistan armys job easier.

According to wiki (regarding drone targets): "Total killed: 1,925, of which approximately 500 were civilians. (As of November 13, 2010)"

Even sources like BBC, there is mixed opinion. Drone strikes do not consider collateral damage and it seems US doesn't care about human lives, and yet they wonder why so many civilians enlist into the ranks of the terrorists. Yes, that means that civilians are dying. I see drone strikes as a legit excuse to bomb our sovereign land.

Also; Kayani seems to never mix himself into politics so obviously I assume he doesn't want to give an opinion. He could have objected, but then he would be sucked into politics.

@ The Clarifier.
The onus of protest lies with the Pakistani Army. Raise the issue make hue and cry of it, why this silence?
Till then the world would believe the operation as complete success.
And the operation should be expanded to all areas of millitancy.

Another thing that is baffling is, when members say that PA has to conduct operations against millitants with meagre resources, and on the other high lights its latest advanced weaponery???

Guess who is more open to receptive to uncle sam's arm twisting Z or K?... If you think zardari is just sitting pretty like HRH Queen Elizabeth then your in for a rude awakening.

I think HRH,Queen has more influence in UK than Zardari has in Pakistan.

Jokes apart, your very line underlines the point Im making. Zardari openly says that Drone strikes must stop,but they go on--- Uncle Sam armtwists Zardari to do more,but inexplicably the offer is rejected.

So it either suggests Zardari is not in charge or he is working in the interests of Pakistan by rejecting US demand which in turn implies you guys are unjustly blaming him for all ills.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom