What's new

U.S. to Send About 500 More Troops to Saudi Arabia

Not for much longer, and even if you decide to stay forever, you cannot win. The Taliban are there to stay, and now ISIS is gaining land too.
We went to Afghanistan to teach the Taliban a harsh lesson. Done. Whatever we did later, it was out of the hope that we would lift Afghanistan out of the Dark Ages. We were wrong. It looks like Afghanistan will remain in the dark forever. You can have it. But the point is clear, mess with US and see dire consequences.

You've lost over a trillion dollars,...
Pocket change, pal.

70k soldiers and haven't defeated the insurgents. That's a shameful defeat.
Yeah...Sure...You can go on believing that the US was 'defeated' in Afghanistan. Let me know when your Pakistan military reform itself like the Taliban because we were 'defeated'. When are you going to give up your F-16s? :lol:

We went to Afghanistan to teach the Taliban a harsh lesson.

You wasted 1 trillion USD and 70k men on just "teaching them a lesson"? That's retarded. I'd also love to know what "lesson" you taught them that somehow benefits you.

Pocket change, pal.

I wonder what that would have done for your own people....

Let me know when your Pakistan military reform itself like the Taliban because we were 'defeated'. When are you going to give up your F-16s?

A conventional army isn't the same as a guerrilla movement.

Are we going to let kaffirs and Jews take our holy land? Do we not have ghairat? Are we a baghirat people. Should we not declare jihad to defend Islam?

#jihad4Saudia

@Retired Troll
Not saying this is right or wrong, but this is what OBL didnt like either about Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia only kicked US troops out after AQ pressure.

We went to Afghanistan to teach the Taliban a harsh lesson. Done. Whatever we did later, it was out of the hope that we would lift Afghanistan out of the Dark Ages. We were wrong. It looks like Afghanistan will remain in the dark forever. You can have it. But the point is clear, mess with US and see dire consequences.

Pocket change, pal.

Yeah...Sure...You can go on believing that the US was 'defeated' in Afghanistan. Let me know when your Pakistan military reform itself like the Taliban because we were 'defeated'. When are you going to give up your F-16s? :lol:

A lesson LOL not much a lesson when you have been in Afghanistan for like close to 20 years

What 500 troops gonna do ? Guarding the King Salman ? and why KSA still need American Soldiers for ? I thought they have a formidable force of their own ?

Pocket change, pal.

American Tax payer money pal .. imagine how many people could benefit from that huge amount of money if US decide to quit Afghanistan right after Taliban were defeated in the initial stages of the invasion . Taliban were never in favor of confrontation with America, it was the AQ who wanted to bring US into Afghanistan and bring the same results like USSR . So far they succeeded in fooling America into staying in Afghanistan and slowly wasting its financial and manpower resources on a wasteful country . Admit it that America is pretty much stuck in Afghanistan :)

@gambit US lost 70k men in Afghanistan?i dont think so , i had read somewhere close to 4000
And what do u think will US leave strategic country like Afghanistan?Bagram base?

What 500 troops gonna do ? Guarding the King Salman ? and why KSA still need American Soldiers for ? I thought they have a formidable force of their own ?

American Tax payer money pal .. imagine how many people could benefit from that huge amount of money if US decide to quit Afghanistan right after Taliban were defeated in the initial stages of the invasion . Taliban were never in favor of confrontation with America, it was the AQ who wanted to bring US into Afghanistan and bring the same results like USSR . So far they succeeded in fooling America into staying in Afghanistan and slowly wasting its financial and manpower resources on a wasteful country . Admit it that America is pretty much stuck in Afghanistan :)

Add 500 to what they already have! Saudi has one of the largest US bases in the Middle East, but wants to hide it...

Add 500 to what they already have! Saudi has one of the largest US bases in the Middle East, but wants to hide it...

again , 500 or 50,000 the question remains , if KSA has one of the strongest Armies in Middle east why they want and allow US soldiers to be stationed ?

People need to chill with anti-Americanism in this forum. There is no reason for it. If you disagree about specific policy that clarify that. But, to suggest ME nations should have no cooperation/ties with the US is stupid. There is nothing in Islam prohibiting that, and keep in mind these nations aren't ruled by Islam today anyway. There is also nothing prohibiting something like this. So use more logic instead of lazy black and white approach to everything.

Saudi Arabia obviously is worried of outbreak of war in region due to increased tensions and this is considered a way to increase their security. As it may deter Iran from directly attacking KSA in the future, assuming US does not war, it can help prevent a Saudi-Iranian war. That is the whole point of it. If there is a US-Iranian war in region than there still is benefit that the US will fight side to side with KSA rather than just stay on the sideline and provide logistical/intelligence support.

again , 500 or 50,000 the question remains , if KSA has one of the strongest Armies in Middle east why they want and allow US soldiers to be stationed ?
Well, if we consider the UAE ground troop pull out from Yemen, Saudis now need more ground forces for their Yemen war. Just mentioning this as a side consideration...But its not about # of soldiers only, its also about efficiency and effectiveness and motivation and dedication. Some of these traits are common in sports right? THe # of US soldiers might be small, but it doesnt mean they arent potent. Besides, who knows if thats what will really happen. They can announce something, but who verified it? Just saying, then we can keep hearing this several times, so whose keeping count? what about PMCs? Def alot of movement and activity in the PG these days...buildups seem to be a common theme im seeing...

I agree.

Also remember Pakistan sent more soldiers to KSA within the past yr or so (if im not mistaken).

Well, if we consider the UAE ground troop pull out from Yemen, Saudis now need more ground forces for their Yemen war. Just mentioning this as a side consideration...But its not about # of soldiers only, its also about efficiency and effectiveness and motivation and dedication. Some of these traits are common in sports right? THe # of US soldiers might be small, but it doesnt mean they arent potent. Besides, who knows if thats what will really happen. They can announce something, but who verified it? Just saying, then we can keep hearing this several times, so whose keeping count? what about PMCs? Def alot of movement and activity in the PG these days...buildups seem to be a common theme im seeing...

again, 500 is just too small number to even deploy anywhere , maybe they are there for training or intelligence gathering .

I agree.

Also remember Pakistan sent more soldiers to KSA within the past yr or so (if im not mistaken).

Pakistani troops presence in KSA is strictly to protect Mecca and Medina , we refused to join Yemen out of good will , Pakistan has no intention to get into KSA Iran Proxy wars . PA also do some training in KSA along with some other classified Missions .

Lol if anything the Middle East taught the US a lesson. You can't beat people who ain't afraid to die.

We went to Afghanistan to teach the Taliban a harsh lesson.

Before going to Taliban you invited them to US as well! and again today, US is asking Imran Khan to help negotiate with Pashtoons whom you call Taliban.
BTW, what was west's beef with Taliban, Saddam and Qaddafi?

we refused to join Yemen out of good will
Who asked you to send troops to Yemen? This is a self creation of propagandists.

Back
Top Bottom