U.S. fighter jet crashed in Libya

ghazi52

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
US jet crashes in Libya, both crew are safe

By DAVID RISING, Associated Press – 2 mins ago
BERLIN – A U.S. fighter jet crashed in Libya after an apparent equipment malfunction but both crewmembers were able to eject and are back safely in American hands, U.S. officials said Tuesday.
The plane crashed Monday at 2130 GMT (5:30 p.m. EDT), said Vince Crawley, a spokesman for U.S. Africa Command.
A spokesman for the Libyan opposition, Mohammed Ali, said the U.S. plane crashed about 25 miles (40 kilometers) southwest of the eastern rebel stronghold of Benghazi, Libya's second-largest city.
A Marine Corps Osprey search and rescue aircraft retrieved the pilot, while the second crew member, a weapon's officer, was recovered by rebel forces and is now in American hands, another U.S. official said in Washington. He spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak on the record.
The two were separated after ejecting from the crippled F-15E Strike Eagle jet at high altitude and drifting down to different locations, Crawley said, adding they sustained minor injuries.
The aircraft, based out of Royal Air Force Lakenheath, England, was flying out of Italy's Aviano Air Base in support of Operation Odyssey Dawn. The cause of the crash is being investigated.
The Air Force has said only that B-2, F-15 and F-16 fighters are participating in operations over Libya. The U.S. involvement in Libya is being run by Africa Command, which is based in Stuttgart, Germany.
Africa Command launched in Oct. 2008 after the Pentagon abandoned efforts to base the command on the continent after it hit resistance among African nations, and instead posted about two dozen liaison officers at African embassies.

Here back home in the states local news state that there was tech faliure .... tech my faluire my a$$ lolz that sucker was shot down fair and square funny how the US never admits to when its brids get shot down and always changes it around to being a tech faliure lolz we all know the truth .

Here back home in the states local news state that there was tech faliure .... tech my faluire my a$$ lolz that sucker was shot down fair and square funny how the US never admits to when its brids get shot down and always changes it around to being a tech faliure lolz we all know the truth .

Who or what shot it down east of Benghazi, genius? Check your map locations carefully before trying to answer this one.

No my friend genuis iam not .... but just a guess it is which is most likely true you see mr amature smart a$$ just about every US war plane that has ever crashed has been reported as a tech failure now have you don't you seem to think its a bit strange right... thought so now don't attack me again.

Are you sitting in Benghazi genius yosip? The chicken spread of eagle is testimony it got shot by a big hook.

Is this the first aircraft shot down by Libyans? or are there more?

are american pilots foolish to fly on low altitude knowing that there are anti aircraft guns..it doesn't make sense ? it must be an engine failure.

It fell near bengazi. If it was a hit, it would have blown in air, and pilots would not have bailed out.
The rebels saw the pilots and said "we are friends".
Who shot the plane then, definitely not rebels, and near bengazi not much gaddafi army present.

Back
Top Bottom