What's new

U.S. Drops Charges That Professor Shared Technology With China

its definitely many of them from what i experience as well and yes, tons of people immediate resort to personal attacks. but i've learn to ignore the most silly ones, and i have read many of your posts, you seem like an alright guy.

I have high appraisal of Chinese people, Chinese society, and Chinese culture, generally i would say i have a deep love and fascination for China and the society. Tho I may not agree with state policies of the CCP, that does not mean I am against Chinese society, Chinese culture, and most of all Chinese people. I have been personally attacked by various people here and quite frankly its quite damaging to see that some folks have a deep hatred of Japanese people when in the reality most Japanese are fascinated with China and what China has to offer (do note that i am referring to people to people processes; politics is not involved). I can count with one hand the Chinese members here in PDF whom I maintain positive rapport with , i used to consider a lot more my 'friends' but recent disagreement have disparaged my view of them. Anyways, i am speaking because I was emotionally affected by the personal insults, i will not rule out possibility of re-establishing with some of them. For the most who are chronic prejudicial , i have added them into my ignore list, even one whom i used to respect the most --- out of all of them.

See you around , buddy. Peace.

Keep in mind that your fellow Chinese on this forum support racial profiling of foreigners working/living in China.

Hahaha, dont forget you are outstanding in this forum on racially profiling the Chinese community

its definitely many of them from what i experience as well and yes, tons of people immediate resort to personal attacks. but i've learn to ignore the most silly ones, and i have read many of your posts, you seem like an alright guy.

Then you have obviously missed a lot of reading

We are. We know about those 'male enhancements' devices and supplements you bought recently.

Funny and could be very appropriate

NY Times - U.S. Drops Charges That Professor Shared Technology With China

By MATT APUZZO
SEPT. 11, 2015

WASHINGTON — When the Justice Department arrested the chairman of Temple University’s physics department this spring and accused him of sharing sensitive American-made technology with China, prosecutors had what seemed like a damning piece of evidence: schematics of sophisticated laboratory equipment sent by the professor, Xi Xiaoxing, to scientists in China.

The schematics, prosecutors said, revealed the design of a device known as a pocket heater. The equipment is used in superconductor research, and Dr. Xi had signed an agreement promising to keep its design a secret.

But months later, long after federal agents had led Dr. Xi away in handcuffs, independent experts discovered something wrong with the evidence at the heart of the Justice Department’s case: The blueprints were not for a pocket heater.

Faced with sworn statements from leading scientists, including an inventor of the pocket heater, the Justice Department on Friday afternoon dropped all charges against Dr. Xi, an American citizen.

It was an embarrassing acknowledgment that prosecutors and F.B.I. agents did not understand — and did not do enough to learn — the science at the heart of the case before bringing charges that jeopardized Dr. Xi’s career and left the impression that he was spying for China.

“I don’t expect them to understand everything I do,” Dr. Xi, 57, said in a telephone interview. “But the fact that they don’t consult with experts and then charge me? Put my family through all this? Damage my reputation? They shouldn’t do this. This is not a joke. This is not a game.”

The United States faces an onslaught from outside hackers and inside employees trying to steal government and corporate secrets. President Obama’s strategy to combat it involves aggressive espionage investigations and prosecutions, as well as increased cyberdefenses.

But Dr. Xi’s case, coming on the heels of a similar case that was dismissed a few months ago in Ohio, raises questions about whether the Justice Department, in its rush to find Chinese spies, is ensnaring innocent American citizens of Chinese ancestry.

Con't->http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/12/u...t-professor-shared-technology-with-china.html

You know he got demoted from his job. The paper did not mention this.

Update: he was reportedly fired.

I have high appraisal of Chinese people, Chinese society, and Chinese culture, generally i would say i have a deep love and fascination for China and the society. Tho I may not agree with state policies of the CCP, that does not mean I am against Chinese society, Chinese culture, and most of all Chinese people. I have been personally attacked by various people here and quite frankly its quite damaging to see that some folks have a deep hatred of Japanese people when in the reality most Japanese are fascinated with China and what China has to offer (do note that i am referring to people to people processes; politics is not involved). I can count with one hand the Chinese members here in PDF whom I maintain positive rapport with , i used to consider a lot more my 'friends' but recent disagreement have disparaged my view of them. Anyways, i am speaking because I was emotionally affected by the personal insults, i will not rule out possibility of re-establishing with some of them. For the most who are chronic prejudicial , i have added them into my ignore list, even one whom i used to respect the most --- out of all of them.

See you around , buddy. Peace.

@yoshi.oda @ post 34
Japan wins Asia-Pacific popularity poll despite mutual distrust with China, South Korea | Page 3

You know he got demoted from his job. The paper did not mention this.

Update: he was reportedly fired.

Sh*t
Guilty even proven innocent in the usa higher education
Temple U is a disgrace

I hope he can get a comparable job or better in another university but he may have to lose his privileges he has @ TU
All the best to Prof Xi

Last edited:
Sh*t
Guilty even proven innocent in the usa higher education
Temple U is a disgrace

I hope he can get a comparable job or better in another university but his may have to lose his privileges he has @ TU
All the best to Prof Xi

the university may not have a choice. smaller ones dont have the luxury to keep someone on that was under investigation even if charges are dropped. CalTec or something may be able to stand the heat but smaller lesser known ones, not so much

the university may not have a choice. smaller ones dont have the luxury to keep someone on that was under investigation even if charges are dropped. CalTec or something may be able to stand the heat but smaller lesser known ones, not so much

TU is not a small university. It has a student body size of over 37K
Of course it is not as famous as the truely "prestigious" Caltech
What is the reason for his dismissal if the charges have already been dropped?
Prof Xi is innocent until proven guilty.

images

TU is not a small university. It has a student body size of over 37K
Of course it is not as famous as the truely "prestigious" Caltech
What is the reason for his dismissal if the charges have already been dropped?
Prof Xi is innocent until proven guilty.

images

im not agreeing with what they did. im just saying. many organization cannot take on too much controversy. its just the way it is. the fault ultimately lies with those that brought the charges forth to start with.

Back
Top Bottom