What's new

U.S. Drops Charges That Professor Shared Technology With China

The prosecution failed.......and since Prosecution is part and parcel of the Justice system, the system failed.

The state charged someone that they couldn't prove.
It will only make capable chinese scientist not able to work for USA. Its good and I say again. US science will go downhill and its already happening :D China science is rising.

If they are talented, they should not be afraid to go back home and contribute to our scientific understanding. In fact, I advice our Chinese scientists to think of the consequence for working in the US.

It will only make capable chinese scientist not able to work for USA. Its good and I say again. US science will go downhill and its already happening :D China science is rising.

Preventing Chinese American scientists to get jobs or promote will only encourage them to return back to their motherland. And if they don't hunt them down, they still like to contribute to China's growth :lol: Either way works in our favor.

The prosecution failed.......and since Prosecution is part and parcel of the Justice system, the system failed.

The state charged someone that they couldn't prove.

The prosecution understood that it could not go ahead with the case. That is the proper procedure when there is lack of evidence or any procedural mistake. Yes, the system worked, since there was no malicious prosecution or a sham trial.

It is more an issue with the growing stigma of "racial profiling" on the Chinese community than legal irregularities

images

It is more an issue with the growing stigma of "racial profiling" on the Chinese community than legal irregularities
Keep in mind that your fellow Chinese on this forum support racial profiling of foreigners working/living in China.

Keep in mind that your fellow Chinese on this forum support racial profiling of foreigners working/living in China.

It is unfortunate to say this, but most of the Chinese posters here have a 'collectivist' mindset. They will , majority of them, support the Chinese individual in any scenario even if he or she was in the err. I am not saying all of the Chinese posters fall victim to this predisposition, but majority of them do.

My view is that we should call a spade a spade. No expense should be spared.

It is unfortunate to say this, but most of the Chinese posters here have a 'collectivist' mindset. They will , majority of them, support the Chinese individual in any scenario even if he or she was in the err. I am not saying all of the Chinese posters fall victim to this predisposition, but majority of them do.

My view is that we should call a spade a spade. No expense should be spared.

you're singling out the chinese, from what i have seen on this website, it's pretty much all nationalities. not every individual of course, but many. that said there is also a reverse problem, where one assumes everyone else acts the same way, is a fanboy etc. especially our friend gambit over there. every discussion i've i had with him, he assumes my position is the same as the fanboys when im merely disagreeing with one particular part of his statements.

you're singling out the chinese, from what i have seen on this website, it's pretty much all nationalities. not every individual of course, but many. that said there is also a reverse problem, where one assumes everyone else acts the same way, is a fanboy etc. especially our friend gambit over there. every discussion i've i had with him, he assumes my position is the same as the fanboys when im merely disagreeing with one particular part of his statements.

Just to clarify, I did not say 'all', i just said that most do. Then again i am basing this from my own personal experience in interacting with the Chinese members in PDF, this is just an observational analysis. Perhaps Im wrong. Anyways, i have no issue with people who may disagree with me (or for me to disagree with others), the only issue i have is when people start hitting below the belt and resort to personal insults. AND those who resort to personal insults and invective uses are "awarded" with support "likes". For example, member 1 will use a racist term referring to Japanese, instead of being corrected, other members of the same nationality will actually "cheer on" or "like" the racist comments. Just doesn't make sense at all.

For me, call out when someone makes a wrong. Correct it. Move on.

But that's just my gist on things. I guess we all are raised differently and have different perceptions of right and wrong.

Despite DOJ dropping charges, the damage is done.
Sherry Chen was charged on october, 2014, case dropped march, 2015.
Fired from Department of Weather Service september, 2015.

Exactly. The fact that eh case is dropped does mater little (probably matters for the person) because (1) the purpose is intimidation and bad publicity not really truth or justice (2) there will be more such accusations.

It is time for this professor and many others to head back home.

Hopefully, as intimidation continues, more will be coming back home.

Just to clarify, I did not say 'all', i just said that most do. Then again i am basing this from my own personal experience in interacting with the Chinese members in PDF, this is just an observational analysis. Perhaps Im wrong. Anyways, i have no issue with people who may disagree with me (or for me to disagree with others), the only issue i have is when people start hitting below the belt and resort to personal insults. AND those who resort to personal insults and invective uses are "awarded" with support "likes". For example, member 1 will use a racist term referring to Japanese, instead of being corrected, other members of the same nationality will actually "cheer on" or "like" the racist comments. Just doesn't make sense at all.

For me, call out when someone makes a wrong. Correct it. Move on.

But that's just my gist on things. I guess we all are raised differently and have different perceptions of right and wrong.

its definitely many of them from what i experience as well and yes, tons of people immediate resort to personal attacks. but i've learn to ignore the most silly ones, and i have read many of your posts, you seem like an alright guy.

Back
Top Bottom