What's new

U.S. committed to providing best defense technology to India: Leon Panetta

Dont get too happy indians!! US has a history of using other countries for its own benefits and abandoning them once the interest is acheived. Im sure most of u would know that!!

Thanks fr the heads up mate! But I think the GoI knows what they're doing and we can see India isn't jumping wholeheartedly into bed with the US. India is forging greater friendships with almost every nation on earth and there is no way if you look at recent arms purchases you would say India is learning heavily in favour of any one nation- especially not the US.

+ let's not forget this isn't purely about politics/diplomacy, the C-130,C-17,P-8I, M777, Ah-64D Blk.III and CH-47F are all the best at what they do in their respective fields India isn't buying from the US purely to make freidns but because these tools will significantly boost India's military capabilities.

+ it now turns out the news about Javelin being refused in desired quantities is pure BS and Panetta explicitly said so in a press conference today.

+ let's not forget this isn't purely about politics/diplomacy, the C-130,C-17,P-8I, M777, Ah-64D Blk.III and CH-47F are all the best at what they do in their respective fields India isn't buying from the US purely to make freidns but because these tools will significantly boost India's military capabilities.

Partially, they offer good arms and techs, but we have several other options to get similar things as well, MMRCA or most helicopter deals showed this. The biggest advantage from the US beeing close to us is clearly political, be it the nuclear pact, the open markets with their allies, the falling restrictions and sanctions that some of their allies had against us, or even that we are the frontrunner for a permanent UNC seat today. For all these things, a closer relation to the US was the foundation and neither Russias, French or Israeli support would have gotten us so far here.
In return we say thank you by buying some of their defence stuff, creating jobs in the US, open our economy to them and opens the possibility to be on their side if China gets too strong. However, India must remain independent and follow it's own interest mainly, therefor can't bound itself to the US just like that.

Dont get too happy indians!! US has a history of using other countries for its own benefits and abandoning them once the interest is acheived. Im sure most of u would know that!!
lol :lol: Did the uncle SAM done the same trick to your guys?? :usflag: :hitwall:

Partially, they offer good arms and techs, but we have several other options to get similar things as well, MMRCA or most helicopter deals showed this. The biggest advantage from the US beeing close to us is clearly political, be it the nuclear pact, the open markets with their allies, the falling restrictions and sanctions that some of their allies had against us, or even that we are the frontrunner for a permanent UNC seat today. For all these things, a closer relation to the US was the foundation and neither Russias, French or Israeli support would have gotten us so far here.
In return we say thank you by buying some of their defence stuff, creating jobs in the US, open our economy to them and opens the possibility to be on their side if China gets too strong. However, India must remain independent and follow it's own interest mainly, therefor can't bound itself to the US just like that.

Be realistic- no one else can offer an Attack helo as advanced and survivable as the Apache, no MPA as advanced and capable as the P-8I, no Heavy lift helo as versitle and capable as the CH-47F, no Heavy lifter as advanced and versatile as the C-17, no medium lifter for Spec Ops as cabable as the C-130J in its role within the IAF.

It is simple logic- the US spends close to $100 BN/year on military R&D and close to $1 TN/year on military- they have invested so heavily in defence and reaps the results.

This information coming from a guy that lives in the US?!?

LOLWUT?
The location of the person is not of tantamount importance, the person's information is. Whether it be correct or wrong is what should be judged. If people use the same yardstick on you, every one of your arguments could be countered by just addressing your nationality.
Good Day!

Be realistic- no one else can offer an Attack helo as advanced and survivable as the Apache, no MPA as advanced and capable as the P-8I, no Heavy lift helo as versitle and capable as the CH-47F, no Heavy lifter as advanced and versatile as the C-17, no medium lifter for Spec Ops as cabable as the C-130J in its role within the IAF.

It is simple logic- the US spends close to $100 BN/year on military R&D and close to $1 TN/year on military- they have invested so heavily in defence and reaps the results.

It's better that we are keeping US arms only around transport & helicopter fleet domain & not important strategic domain such as fighter planes, naval ships & subs or any other important systems which if US decides to place sanctions on India in case of any emergency, it can seriously undermine our war-fighting capability.

The location of the person is not of tantamount importance, the person's information is. Whether it be correct or wrong is what should be judged. If people use the same yardstick on you, every one of your arguments could be countered by just addressing your nationality.
Good Day!

Actually a users location is of "tantamount" importance. This would be like me saying "Israel is the worst country ever, they are deceitful and can not be trusted." What does that say about me if I choose to live there? Do as I say, but not as I do? Logic,wins every time.

Actually a users location is of "tantamount" importance. This would be like me saying "Israel is the worst country ever, they are deceitful and can not be trusted." What does that say about me if I choose to live there? Do as I say, but not as I do? Logic,wins every time.
I could not judge your intention since it could be that you were being forced to live there. Or your economic status could be such that it prevents you from leaving such a land.
But I guess this is derailing!

Yo we have an amendment in America its called the First Amendment, it grants us free speech. We can criticize anything our country does and that would be okay maybe in Israel you have to watch your mouth but in democratic America I can call Obama a doodoo head on live television and it would be okay. Good day sir :usflag:

It's better that we are keeping US arms only around transport & helicopter fleet domain & not important strategic domain such as fighter planes, naval ships & subs or any other important systems which if US decides to place sanctions on India in case of any emergency, it can seriously undermine our war-fighting capability.

Being non aligned will never work out for us in the long run......we are being too short sighted. Our enemies put aside their differences and what we will do then? Run and back for alliances or plz help supply our miitary ammo? No, time to let bygones be bygones, being direct, honest, and put your concerns and interests forward. India and the US can take this relationship to the stars if they wish to, it depends on the will of the ppl and our govt to work that angle and build trust.

Back
Top Bottom