What's new

U.S. and Saudis in Growing Rift as Power Shifts

Yeah, I know death to America is just a slogan :lol:

Maybe yes, however Iranians have genuine disagreements towards the US (Rightfully so), but they have also been very careful in not instigating a physical fight with the US. Even when the US shot down an Iranian civilian air liner.

Maybe yes, however Iranians have genuine disagreements towards the US (Rightfully so), but they have also been very careful in not instigating a physical fight with the US. Even when the US shot down an Iranian civilian air liner.

Not just a jet. The US blow up their ships during Iraq-Iran war.

Brother, did you even read my whole post? All what I mentioned are facts. It has nothing to do with most of us Saudi Arabian users not being above 30 years old.
not at all it is not facts, but since you are insisting i will clear few things for you.

We are soon to become a trillion GDP economy. We are already a G-20 major economy member state
what does that have to do with my thread? i'm talking about our military size and industry not G20,
but to clear that for you, we are G20 because we sell oil which is burried under our feet not because we are indusrialised or producing any thing other than oil, our oil production is increasing therefor GDP increases as well, thanks to the comptent ARAMCO.

I don't understand all the pessimism. Did I mention that our military is strong enough to deter any attempt of any invasion from any Middle Eastern country?
Incorrect, there are other countries in the middle east who have stronger military, we don't even have/produce ammunition, i don't have to remind you that during houthi war, we ran out of ammuntion!! (i did not want to talk about that in public where foreigners can see it but since you are insisting you got it)

back in 2003 when we disagreed with the US administration and their decision of invading Iraq
Thats also incorrect, Saudi Arabia did not think invading iraq was a good idea, but there was no rift at all, the relations were excellent, bush did not try to stab us in the back like Obama doing now and we did not really mind seeing Saddam been removed eventually.

Look, USA are not stupid. They will never leave the biggest Arab economy, probably the most influential country, a strategic placed country 1.5 times the size of Iran and a country that has been a key ally for nearly 70 years out of a sudden.
why would they leave? when we give them more than ask for? they will just keep using and draining us....thats all they need.

If the Iranians attempt anything silly in the region they will be reprimanded by KSA, Turkey and the other powerful states of the Middle East or most importantly the international community.

Turkey? since when we are allies with turkey?...Ordogan is against us in egypt and supporting the muslims brothers there, our relations with turkey is bad at the moment, not to mention we never were allies with turkey. (i don't even want to talk about the international community, doesn't even worth a reply sorry)

Those Mullah's can't rule forever, you know!
No one rules for ever, we deal with what we see now, not the future, you think Al sauds will rule for ever too?....no one rules for ever, beside iran is just one problem we have of many others, we are surrounded by problems from north, east, west and south.

I don't understand your remaining post. Jordan, Yemen, Iraq are all brotherly Arab countries whom we share ancient historical ties to on every level. And we are not faultless either.

Probably because you were not even born in 1990

- few days ago you did not miss the iraqi attack on our northern borders? did you?
- did miss yemen attacks in 1996 on our southern borders including a massacre in a school? probaly you did, i'm sure you don't know at that time we were on the brink of war with the lovely Ali saleh.
- i don't think you missed houthi war in 2009?
- you did not know that sudanese among other nationalities were fighting with houthi?

these are just few examples of what you call brotherly neighbors
, i'm not going to explain more, i think my point is clear

as i said i can burry my head in the sand and tell you every thing is great and ok, all countries around us are our friends etc, but the reality is totally different and i prefer to be honest and truthful, i can't lie.

Last edited:
No Aero, you forgot their partnership when they opened their air space to the US in both of Iraq and Afghanistan? And Bush dumbed them later with the axis of evil things :lol:

2003 invasion of Iraq

Approximately 148,000 soldiers from the United States, 45,000 British soldiers, 2,000 Australian soldiers and 194 Polish soldiers from the special forces unit GROM were sent to Kuwait for the invasion.

Special Operations forces from the CIA and US Army managed to build and lead the Kurdish Peshmerga into an effective force and assault for the North. The primary bases for the invasion were in Kuwait and other Persian Gulf nations.:lol:

Source:2003 invasion of Iraq - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Egypt and Turkey helping U.S military invade Iraq

In the run-up to the invasion of Iraq in 2003 Egypt gave the Pentagon immediate access for two aircraft battle groups and accompanying aircraft through the Suez Canal and across its territory.

Source: U.S. military needs Egypt for access to critical area

Turkey has agreed to let U.S. and coalition aircraft use its airspace for military operations against Iraq.

Source:CNN.com - Turkey opens airspace to U.S. - Mar. 20, 2003

US Military Bases in the Middle East

US+military+bases+ME_1.jpg

Last edited:
not at all it is not facts, but since you are insisting i will clear few things for you.

what does that have to do with my thread? i'm talking about our military size and industry not G20,
but to clear that for you, we are G20 because we sell oil which is burried under our feet not because we are indusrialised or producing any thing other than oil, our oil production is increasing therefor GDP increases as well, thanks to the comptent ARAMCO.

Incorrect, there are other countries in the middle east who have stronger military, we don't even have/produce ammunition, i don't have to remind you that during houthi war, we ran out of ammuntion!! (i did not want to talk about that in public where foreigners can see it but since you are insisting you got it)

Thats also incorrect, Saudi Arabia did not think invading iraq was a good idea, but there was no rift at all, the relations were excellent, bush did not try to stab us in the back like Obama doing now and we did not really mind seeing Saddam been removed eventually.

why would they leave? when we give them more than ask for? they will just keep using and draining us....thats all they need.

Turkey? since when we are allies with turkey?...Ordogan is against us in egypt and supporting the muslims brothers there, our relations with turkey is bad at the moment, not to mention we never were allies with turkey. (i don't even want to talk about the international community, doesn't even worth a reply sorry)

No one rules for ever, we deal with what we see now, not the future, you think Al sauds will rule for ever too?....no one rules for ever.

Probably because you were not even born in 1990

- few days ago you did not miss the iraqi attack on our northern borders? did you?
- did miss yemen attacks in 1996 on our southern borders including a massacre in a school? probaly you did, i'm sure you don't know at that time we were on the brink of war with the lovely Ali saleh.
- i don't think you missed houthi war in 2009?
- you did not know that sudanese among other nationalities were fighting with houthi?

these are just few examples of what you call brotherly neighbors
, i'm not going to explain more, i think my point is clear

as i said i can burry my head in the sand and tell you every thing is great and ok, all countries around us are our friends etc, but the reality is totally different and i prefer to be honest and truthful, i can't lie.

Yes, all of them are facts. Well-known facts even. You have not even provided sources that tell a opposite story.

So what? Is that any different from virtually EVERY single Middle Eastern and Muslim country on earth? And no, not everything is based on our natural resources which are indeed immense. We are leading in terms of petrochemistry too. The countries natural riches are very much a part of every countries economic equation. How do you think that the West became rich in the last 500 years where they have dominated the world? How did USA become rich? By plundering the resources of richer regions, including that of the Middle East. Or discovering oil, gold etc.

I know ARAMCO. My father happens to be a long-time employee.

Who said anything about the STRONGEST military? I said that it is strong enough to deter any invader from the Middle East and that it is among the very best in the region. Both are correct. So what? You learn from your mistakes and the Houthis were totally crushed in the end. No problem.

And we don't get anything in return you say? Really? Is that what you are saying? I thought you said that you were afraid of USA "leaving us/"betraying" us" in your OP.

Regardless of the relations with Turkey, which you claim are bad - they are not, then we are not neighbors with them. So our life does not depend on it. What I tried to say, which you obviously misunderstood was, that in case the Mullah's tried anything in the region they would not only have to deal with us and the GCC but also Turkey. Nothing more. I did not even talk about the Saudi Arabian - Turkish relations that you all out of sudden started to talk about.

Yes, there was a slight rift back then - rift as in disagreements. That was a major one. Hence we did not tolerate using our land for an ground invasion - something Kuwait did.

Who said anything about the Al-Saud family? They of course will neither rule forever. That is evident.

"Iraqi attack". Some rag-tag Shia extremist Mullah organization numbering a few thousand people at most or a few hundred active people at most firing 4-5 mortars at some farm and desert lands? We could crush them within days if we wanted.

No, I don't remember that episode in 1996 but I do remember that we were allies with Ali Abdullah Saleh and that we hosted him very recently. Forgot that?

Since when are Houthis, a tiny minority in Yemen, speaking for all Yemenis?

What were Sudanese doing there? Sources? And how many are we talking about? I don't think there are more Shias in Sudan than a few thousand at most. Your point being? There are also Saudi Arabian fighters across the world.

LOL, who said that every country around us is friendly and that everything is rosy? Iraq is not a friendly state right now or should I say the Maliki regime but nor are they any terrible enemy. I am sure that relations could be restored fairly quickly if some problems/misunderstandings/disagreements were reached. Maliki himself told that.

Mullahistan are obviously neither. Rest very much so.
If you consider Sudan a neighbor then they are not very useful under Al-Bashir. But Egypt very much so. Jordan too, a great and close historic ally. All the GCC states that we border. Needless to say. Yemen same thing - close relations especially with the new regime.

Anyway it seems that you are still stuck in the days of Fahd…..

Last edited:
So @Yzd Khalifa @Arabian Legend @BLACKEAGLE - Do all Saudis look like cute little baby sheep like @al-Hasani does ? :what:

I fear for the kid....I think he might get taken advantage of in the cruel world out there - I mean just look at those puppy eyes of his & that beard that looks like its been pasted on just so that he can look a bit more masculine ! :unsure:

God Watch Over this cute Nejadi Lamb - Amen ! :)

The primary bases for the invasion were in Kuwait and other Persian Gulf nations.:lol:

Persia doesn't exist anymore. It was culturally, historically, and religiously defeated 1400 years ago. Where do Iranians at these days?

Here is what your president said about your role

And here is the mere contrast of The " Islamic " Iranian ideology of the crazed Mullahs.

These Arabian Gulf states openly admitted their role - Kuwait and Qatar - unlike Iran which was too shy and tried desperately to hide it.

Your map is a fanboy creation, congrats.
2003 invasion of Iraq

Approximately 148,000 soldiers from the United States, 45,000 British soldiers, 2,000 Australian soldiers and 194 Polish soldiers from the special forces unit GROM were sent to Kuwait for the invasion.

Special Operations forces from the CIA and US Army managed to build and lead the Kurdish Peshmerga into an effective force and assault for the North. The primary bases for the invasion were in Kuwait and other Persian Gulf nations.:lol:

Source:2003 invasion of Iraq - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Egypt and Turkey helping U.S military invade Iraq

In the run-up to the invasion of Iraq in 2003 Egypt gave the Pentagon immediate access for two aircraft battle groups and accompanying aircraft through the Suez Canal and across its territory.

Source: U.S. military needs Egypt for access to critical area

Turkey has agreed to let U.S. and coalition aircraft use its airspace for military operations against Iraq.

Source:CNN.com - Turkey opens airspace to U.S. - Mar. 20, 2003

US Military Bases in the Middle East

US+military+bases+ME_1.jpg

So @Yzd Khalifa - Ask your 'inner-being' or at least 'half-of-it' whats the cause of this 'rift' ? :P

Nothing of a rift, the media is making a meal out of it, and using blatant lies such as the statement that came out from the GiP Director in Jedddah :lol: while in fact he was out of the country.

It is nothing compared with the US-made weapons that killed tens of thousands of Iranians.

So @Yzd Khalifa @Arabian Legend @BLACKEAGLE - Do all Saudis look like cute little baby sheep like @al-Hasani does ? :what:

I fear for the kid....I think he might get taken advantage of in the cruel world out there - I mean just look at those puppy eyes of his & that beard that looks like its been pasted on just so that he can look a bit more masculine ! :unsure:

God Watch Over this cute Nejadi Lamb - Amen ! :)

:tsk:o_O:astagh:

Oh, stop it Buttstrong. I look more frightening than in reality on that little picture due to the low resolution. See the bigger picture on the "Saudi Arabia in pictures thread" on the Arab Defence forum section of the forum. Don't remember the page number.

Saudi Arabia in Pictures | Page 41

1237698_10151643063226937_569658817_n.jpg

Oh, thanks for reminding me of those sheep.:omghaha:

البرد في منطقة حريملاء - حفر الباطن
by Talal Qatar Ձ͏0͏1͏Ʒ͏, on Flickr

@Armstrong In the last 3 weeks I have been stuck sitting in my apartment doing one assignment after the other and it is very cold outside. I just went out with the garbage 2 hours ago or so (I live quite centrally in Copenhagen so there is life nearly 24/7 although not when it is too cold outside in the night) and was approached by a local trying to tell me something in Danish but I did not understand her fully so we switched over to English. Apparently her father has worked in KSA and he speaks Arabic so now I have been invited over to his house for a talk and dinner out of a sudden. Don't know what to do. Should I go?:o:o_O:what:
I hope that everything is alright with you my friend. If you ever come to KSA, Hijaz, Makkah and Jeddah to be more precise then you are officially invited. How about that.:raise:

Last edited:
@Armstrong In the last 3 weeks I have been stuck sitting in my apartment doing one assignment after the other and it is very cold outside. I just went out with the garbage 2 hours ago or so (I live quite centrally in Copenhagen so there is life nearly 24/7 although not when it is too cold outside in the night) and was approached by a local trying to tell me something in Danish but I did not understand her fully so we switched over to English. Apparently her father has worked in KSA and he speaks Arabic so now I have been invited over to his house for a talk and dinner out of a sudden. Don't know what to do. Should I go?:o:o_O:what:

Well they do say - Don't talk to strangers ! :unsure:

Within reason personally I've never really followed that advice so its up to you ! :)

I hope that everything is alright with you my friend. If you ever come to KSA, Hijaz, Makkah and Jeddah to be more precise then you are officially invited. How about that.:raise:

Thank You akhi ! :cheers:

And you if you come to Pakistan (Lahore) ! :)

Well they do say - Don't talk to strangers ! :unsure:

Within reason personally I've never really followed that advice so its up to you ! :)

Thank You akhi ! :cheers:

And you if you come to Pakistan (Lahore) ! :)

It is not really a stranger as such. Well she is actually but she lives not quite far from my apartment. Nearly a neighbor. Just 2 floors above me. Her mother is Lebanese she told. Her Arabic is not fluent so we just talked in English. Father Danish. Did not look fully Danish either by first sight. Now I know why. We have only encountered each other when we greeted each other as every polite neighbor do (LOL). Otherwise you are right - totally stranger. Better think this over before I do something stupid. I am only here for a little more than 1 year more.

Well, I sure must visit Pakistan. Especially your beautiful mountains - among the most beautiful in the world. I hear that Lahore is a very beautiful city.

@Yzd Khalifa, the evil Najdi has been to Pakistan. I have never been to South Asia.

It is not really a stranger as such. Well she is actually but she lives not quite far from my apartment. Nearly a neighbor. Just 2 floors above me. Her mother is Lebanese she told. Her Arabic is not fluent so we just talked in English. Father Danish. Did not look fully Danish either by first sight. Now I know why. We have only encountered each other when we greeted each other as every polite neighbor do (LOL). Otherwise you are right - totally stranger. Better think this over before I do something stupid. I am only here for 1 more year.

Oh my god you fancy her ! :azn:

Well, I sure must visit Pakistan. Especially your beautiful mountains - among the most beautiful in the world. I hear that Lahore is a very beautiful city.

Indeed it is ! :smokin:

@Yzd Khalifa, the evil Najdi has been to Pakistan. I have never been to South Asia.

@Yzd Khalifa is as 'evil' as Winnie the Pooh bear ! :lol:

Oh my god you fancy her ! :azn:

Indeed it is ! :smokin:

@Yzd Khalifa is as 'evil' as Winnie the Pooh bear ! :lol:

LOL. She is good looking and seems friendly but I leave such things for marriage.

That is good. You live in a beautiful city then.:dance3:

Who is "Winnie the Pooh bear"?

Oh, of course @Yzd Khalifa is a friendly chap but he disappointed me greatly when he said that he wanted to eat a Najdi sheep long ago. I still remember that and hold a slight grudge against him for that sole reason. And also because he is a Najdi. That bunch can never be trusted.:nono:

Back
Top Bottom