What's new

U.S.A can take down the sold F16 whenever they want

It is pointless to buy those planes without source codes. And as i said it still negotiating. Yea thats right Turkey lvl 3 partner but investing at least 11 billion dollar to this project.

Why pointless? what special about Turkey? Is there a Turkish radar to integrate? AA missiles of Turkish origin to use? PGM? EW suit to install?

And no, the investment to the project is around 200mil, the procurement of final product is maybe of 11billlion.

Why pointless? what special about Turkey? Is there a Turkish radar to integrate? AA missiles of Turkish origin to use? PGM? EW suit to install?

And no, the investment to the project is around 200mil, the procurement of final product is maybe of 11billlion.

I know research investment is about 200 mil. but when you order 116 jets you decrease total cost. It is beneficial for all partners.
Maybe all options that you mention can happen in future. We never know. Aselsan already producing different types of radars.

Also if i pay 11 billion i want to know what the hack is going on in background.

I know research investment is about 200 mil. but when you order 116 jets you decrease total cost. It is beneficial for all partners.
Maybe all options that you mention can happen in future. We never know. Aselsan already producing different types of radars.

Also if i pay 11 billion i want to know what the hack is going on in background.

We will be paying a similar amount for our MRCA, and yet US is not giving source codes, not even for 4.5 gen tech. How come it will give you source codes for 5th gen. US does not share source codes with any country.

India's investment in PakFa will be over $30 billion, yet we are not sure if we will get all the tech or not.

We will be paying a similar amount for our MRCA, and yet US is not giving source codes, not even for 4.5 gen tech. How come it will give you source codes for 5th gen. US does not share source codes with any country.

India's investment in PakFa will be over $30 billion, yet we are not sure if we will get all the tech or not.

They gave source codes of f 16 so they can also give f 35.

We are not talking here 5 gen fighter tech transfer. Only mission computer's source codes. Do not confuse =)

It is pointless to buy those planes without source codes. And as i said it still negotiating. Yea thats right Turkey lvl 3 partner but investing at least 11 billion dollar to this project.

We are not investing 11 billion that is to buy the aircraft. Which have since jumped to 14-15 billion for our order. Also the tech transfer will be similar to what we got with the F-16. Some parts production and being a international supplier to U.S. companies for F-35 parts. F-35 like the F-16 will be assembled underlicense.

We are not investing 11 billion that is to buy the aircraft. Which have since jumped to 14-15 billion for our order. Also the tech transfer will be similar to what we got with the F-16. Some parts production and being a international supplier to U.S. companies for F-35 parts. F-35 like the F-16 will be assembled underlicense.

again

by invest i meant total amount of money that we paid for this project. Yes you are right this is not invesment for f 35 project but it is invesment for Turkey.

When you buy a car you invest your money to your car. I meant like that. whatever.

We are not talking tech transfer here. Our discussion is about source codes.

All source codes of these computers are in hands of Turkish armed forces. Otherwise we do not buy them. Same will probably happen to F-35. Still negotiating.

You mean to say, Turkey has the source code of F-16 flight computer and APG radar???? :no::no:

i don't know agp radar part but as far as i know yes Turkey has source codes of f 16 Fligt computer.

i don't know agp radar part but as far as i know yes Turkey has source codes of f 16 Fligt computer.

The only aircraft we have fully cotrol over is F-4 şimşek, isik and terminator models that all tests of domestic missile prototipes have been performed over them. The additional modifications, modernization activities of F-16 Block 40-50 planes require USA permissions. The only thing we control over F-16's are EW threat perception. It is a big uestion whether Turkey breaked the codes of F-16 or not because It is treated in wikileaks documents as well...

Besides, A new mission computer development program is on the way to moderizate F-16 Block-30's with Turkish systems and sourcecodes... All those efforts are to integrate Turkish AESA radar, AG stand off missiles/bombs, EW suits and avionics over them...

so forget to take any single source codes of F-35 as well... TF-X aircraft development program would fill this big disadvantages of TuAF after 2020.

The only aircraft we have fully cotrol over is F-4 şimşek, isik and terminator models that all tests of domestic missile prototipes have been performed over them. The additional modifications, modernization activities of F-16 Block 40-50 planes require USA permissions. The only thing we control over F-16's are EW threat perception. It is a big uestion whether Turkey breaked the codes of F-16 or not because It is treated in wikileaks documents as well...

Besides, A new mission computer development program is on the way to moderizate F-16 Block-30's with Turkish sourcecodes... In near future, All those efforts are to integrate Turkish AESA radar, AG stand off missiles, EW suits and acvionics over them...

so forget to take any single source codes of F-35 as well... TF-X aircraft development program would fill this big disadvantages of TuAF after 2020.

SO do we only have block 30 ?

As i said before F 35 is still negotiating.

Ankara`da ABD ile F 35 krizi

Last edited:
again

by invest i meant total amount of money that we paid for this project. Yes you are right this is not invesment for f 35 project but it is invesment for Turkey.

When you buy a car you invest your money to your car. I meant like that. whatever.

We are not talking tech transfer here. Our discussion is about source codes.

The source codes are limited and that may not come with the F-35. Like cabatli said only F-4s we have full access to do whatever we want on. There are still limitations on F-16s.

SO do we only have block 30 ?

As i said before F 35 is still negotiating.

Ankara`da ABD ile F 35 krizi

Possibly. Even if we say did have access to the 40 and 50s we are not at such a capability to integrate anything into these as of yet that is a upgrade to say choosing the CCIP upgrade.

We must balance being self efficient without compromising integration of the latest technologies. Only when what we produce is up to the modern standards of other countries should we look to integrate them onto a platform.

What AA missiles or AESA radars, EW, Turkey produce?

Last edited:
What AA missiles or AESA radars, EW, Turkey produce?

Aselsan has an AESA radar development program along with APAR mast radar declared by Ministery of National defence. In this source, It is officially stated that Aselsan finished development of AESA radar antenne and transistor technologies...

Page:78, B section...
http://www.ssm.gov.tr/anasayfa/kurumsal/SSM Dergisi/SSM_13_2010.pdf

About EW systems, MWS(GaN transistor technologies and UV spectrum technologies), RWR (Turkish name: RIAS), RF jammer (Turkish name: RFKS), Laser Warning system (Turkish name: LIAS), CMDS- Chaff/Flare munitions and mission computers (Turkish name:SMYB)

About AA missiles, Aselsan-Roketsan team is developing low and medium altitude SAM's. The modified versions of those missiles will be used on aircrafts as well... Ex. Iris-T, VL Mica...etc

1-3.jpg
2-3.jpg

About AG missiles, Turkish institutes have developed/developing various type of AG missiles. In near future, You would see the air lanchable version of Atmaca Block-I (70 km range) anti-shipping missiles that has been under development with a budget of 150 million $ ( since 2008 )...

screenshot008jn.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom