What's new

U-214 Deal, Prime Minister in Germany

Hope,Wish,Expect!!! love the optimism Taimikhan:coffee: we always leave the defence of our country to hope,wish,expect...sometimes i feel we are to optimistic

Well my optimism is not for the submarine, if we get it, well and good. If we don't then the optimism that now PN would realize the dire need for looking at other reliable sources, especially indigenization is my view.

PAF realized it the hard way, PN should now and look for this path. It will be difficult but doable with good reliable partners.

And the recent statement of PN Chief regarding Chinese subs, seems to me as a first step toward this goal. As we have trained human resource in Submarine building and we have been its operators for a long time, thus giving us perfect opportunity to indulge in joint projects and make something for ourselves.

This is old news, printed many times. Nothing yet confirmed.

If it has been shelved, then we would have heard it from multiple and reliable sources.

Most probably, the German ambassador trying to impress the Indians to get the deal.

But i believe the Indians have canceled the Airbus MRTT deal, the finance guys did not gave the go ahead, in spite of IAF interest in this platform.

So if Airbus deal doesn't goes ahead, the charm in selling submarines may not be there too.

Plus IN needs something next level compared to U-214, as they are already getting Scorpenes which are quiet comparable to U-214s.

Hello buddy you have compared scorpenes to u-214s. That wont be easy for some members here to digest. According to them u-214 equal to 10 scorpenes etc etc. Good to see fair comment by you. i think two things might happen. If india buys u-214 then germany wont sell pak u-214. 2nd thing might happen that germany will sell u-214 to india and pakistan both. 6 to 12 u-214 for india and 3 for pakistan. It will benefit germany.

Hello buddy you have compared scorpenes to u-214s. That wont be easy for some members here to digest. According to them u-214 equal to 10 scorpenes etc etc. Good to see fair comment by you. i think two things might happen. If india buys u-214 then germany wont sell pak u-214. 2nd thing might happen that germany will sell u-214 to india and pakistan both. 6 to 12 u-214 for india and 3 for pakistan. It will benefit germany.

Well i may be wrong in comparing them both, but as i said quite comparable, not fully, many features do match, but the real difference would be in the stealthiness. And U-214 in the export mode lacks some of the stealthiness features, which are said to be classified. Only German ones would be having those capabilities. So with such lackness, I am not sure, will it still be very superior then Scorpene or just slightly superior or may be even.

And as for selling, well time will tell, but don't think they will sell to them both. India having a higher share would never want this, they won't even want one submarine to get soled.

Winner would be one, India or Pakistan.

Plus IN needs something next level compared to U-214, as they are already getting Scorpenes which are quiet comparable to U-214s.

Other then Nuclear powered submarines their is no market at the moment or in 5 years from now that can offer a better diesel submarine then Type-214 for export.
IN contender for additional AIP submarines is Russian Lada or Amur class diesel submarines which are no way superior to type-214.

but those russian submarines still have alot of time to go through sea trials and i think PN has to make call on this now or never why they are waiting if germany have probleum than go their and have staright forward talks ratar than sitting in PN headquarters and ordering if they dont than go for alternatives if americans did not got Gotland for research i think after U 214 gotland was priority but now it is out of window

but those russian submarines still have alot of time to go through sea trials and i think PN has to make call on this now or never why they are waiting if germany have probleum than go their and have staright forward talks ratar than sitting in PN headquarters and ordering if they dont than go for alternatives if americans did not got Gotland for research i think after U 214 gotland was priority but now it is out of window

i thought we have already gone through this topic. WHY DO YOU KEEP GOING BACK TO SAME PAGE?!
again and i will repeat this for you.
Turkey started Type-214 negotiation in 2004-5 and finally signed the agreement in late 2009.
BE patent because Type-214 is coming our way.

all the members calm down and kindly respect the laws of the forum me too. the probleum is why U214 is on pending i think it was becoz of german election been on halt i heared it but i dont know what happened of election campaign of angula marcula

Back
Top Bottom