What's new

U-214 Deal, Prime Minister in Germany

There are rumors floating on the internet, mainly in Indian and Israeli forums, that U214 deal is dead; however, French are keen to sell 6 Marlin Subs to Pakistan.
Pakistan's other option is to develop Sub with Chinese :china:or Turkey (we need a Turkey flag!)

The rumors are complete nonsense. PN personal have been in Germany since 05 training on the new vessel, the deal is being ironed out, especially with regards to tech transfer.

The signing of the much-delayed U214 SSK submarine deal with German company HDW and the Pakistan-Turkey corvette program are expected in the new year. Both programs involve a high degree of technology transfer, beginning with modernization of construction facilities and indigenous construction of the warships.

http://www.defensenews.com/story.php?i=4417463

Last edited:
The rumors are complete nonsense. PN personal have been in Germany since 05 training on the new vessel, the deal is being ironed out, especially with regards to tech transfer.

waz, please provide more details if possible. It's been quiet on the U-214 front for some time now. I am sure you are on the money, defence deals are always like this.

I don't understand why people would begin to panic about this deal. At one point people were saying the F-16 Block 52 deal was dead, the Saab 2000 ERIEYE deal was also declared dead, even the MRTT IL-78 deal was not spared a premature death, and yet, we know all of these are alive and well. Heck, F-22P deal was also "dead" until we a Chinese friend posted pictures of an F-22P frigate with a Pakistani flag on it. There is no reason to think U-214 would be any different, people panic too early.

As for Indian and Isareli fora, all I have to say is, read The Art of War by Sun Tzu. We must encourage our enemy's ignorance, play on his insecurities and make him believe in the lies; it's been a part of warfare since 6th Century BC.

waz, please provide more details if possible. It's been quiet on the U-214 front for some time now. I am sure you are on the money, defence deals are always like this.

I’m afraid that is about all I can provide at this point in time. I backed it up with another source, although they didn’t state what the delay was, which I did. You should see things taking shape very soon. The bottom line is the deal is pretty much on.

same **** since 05 new yaer new yaer we are 5 years late

i advice you to stay quite and easy with the one liners..
Defence procurements of such scale takes alot of time in case of Type-214 Turkey took 5 years to finalize the deal despite any hurdles like pakistan is politically facing.

Mr. GROWLER thanx for ur advice but in future kindly dont give me any advice.

if it take turkey 5 years than it will take 10 years for us than what is the use of buying 10 year old technology. in that one decade so many technology will arrive to counter stealth submarines such as U 214 than why waste money yes it is not an easy to buy any millitary hardware of such kinds but 5 years is som much time alot of time when we know the deal is 95 percent has done than for 5 percent we have to wait for other 5 years what a pitty.

Our Ten year old U-boot technology is still better than something you can develop and build from scratch in that time :P

(no offense)

We have been building those things for more than a 100 years :whistle:

Our Ten year old U-boot technology is still better than something you can develop and build from scratch in that time :P

(no offense)

We have been building those things for more than a 100 years :whistle:

Try to understand what the guy meant from the 10 year thing. He didn't meant the U-boat to be bad, he said that if we get the U-214 after then years, then it will be outdated as of that time, meaning there would be better versions then U-214 by the time we get the U-214.

Take the example of our French Augosta 90Bs, then they were ordered and inducted, they were the best subs of its time, but time changed, now Germany has U-214s and French offering Scorpene and Marlin, which are better tech then Augosta 90Bs.

There is no doubt about German technology.

Unbeliever
Read it again carefully
Try to understand what the guy meant from the 10 year thing. He didn't meant the U-boat to be bad, he said that if we get the U-214 after then years, then it will be outdated as of that time, meaning there would be better versions then U-214 by the time we get the U-214.
There is no doubt about German technology.
No Doubt German technology is good.:smitten:
Here is no problem with U-214, Porblem is in our Parliment.

SAD SAD SAD NEWS!!!!!!!

The Hindu : News / National : Germany keen on closer defence, civil nuclear ties

Mr. Matussek took up with the government the impasse in awarding the tender for refuellers for Airbus and has professed interest in promoting the German company HDW for the coming order for submarines. “We hope we will be able to get the submarine deal. It will be easier since we shelved the deal with Pakistan,” he said.

damn the people who let this deal get shelved! it is indeed a sad day!

SAD SAD SAD NEWS!!!!!!!

The Hindu : News / National : Germany keen on closer defence, civil nuclear ties

Mr. Matussek took up with the government the impasse in awarding the tender for refuellers for Airbus and has professed interest in promoting the German company HDW for the coming order for submarines. “We hope we will be able to get the submarine deal. It will be easier since we shelved the deal with Pakistan,” he said.

damn the people who let this deal get shelved! it is indeed a sad day!

This is old news, printed many times. Nothing yet confirmed.

If it has been shelved, then we would have heard it from multiple and reliable sources.

Most probably, the German ambassador trying to impress the Indians to get the deal.

But i believe the Indians have canceled the Airbus MRTT deal, the finance guys did not gave the go ahead, in spite of IAF interest in this platform.

So if Airbus deal doesn't goes ahead, the charm in selling submarines may not be there too.

Plus IN needs something next level compared to U-214, as they are already getting Scorpenes which are quiet comparable to U-214s.

This is old news, printed many times. Nothing yet confirmed.

If it has been shelved, then we would have heard it from multiple and reliable sources.

Most probably, the German ambassador trying to impress the Indians to get the deal.

But i believe the Indians have canceled the Airbus MRTT deal, the finance guys did not gave the go ahead, in spite of IAF interest in this platform.

So if Airbus deal doesn't goes ahead, the charm in selling submarines may not be there too.

Plus IN needs something next level compared to U-214, as they are already getting Scorpenes which are quiet comparable to U-214s.

Hope,Wish,Expect!!! love the optimism Taimikhan:coffee: we always leave the defence of our country to hope,wish,expect...sometimes i feel we are to optimistic

Back
Top Bottom