What's new

Typhoon MMRCA woes

It is immoral to refuse aid just because your "prestige" is being hurt, when so many people are being helped because of aid.
It will make GoI look like fool.
However it is upto british to give aid or not, we have no say in that.
You should understand UK is also democracy, so you will hear different voices, ultimately their govt will decide what to do.

I read in an article yesterday that one of their projects in India was to introduce GPS in public transport system! :disagree:
We all know UK's track record as far as aid goes and how the govt. there has had a shoddy record in the past wrt using aid for dubious purposes! Clearly the people there are not inclined and the Govt. of India does not want it (as is clear from FM's remarks in the parliament!) I don't see any reason for this stupid aid to continue. I had heard the same kind of voices last year when DFID budget was finalized (In fact I can post some more QT videos from last year!)! It is not me but the Govt. of India which has been refusing aid and so it is not personal! Who is questioning the democratic principles here?

And your assertion that refusal of aid is immoral holds no water. Most aid giving countries do so in their own self interest (Even India). But when it leaves a bad taste (among both Indian and British populace I might add), it should be scrapped! Anyways this discussion will go nowhere. I am sure GOI would have learnt its lesson and ask the British Govt. to discontinue the aid from next fiscal onwards! We do have a say in who gives us aid. It is a free world :disagree:

Someone tell these low life idiots that GoI will pay them same amount of aid every year if they buy LCA. lol

This is hyper roona dhoona... modern way of begging!!! One ighter not selected and the whole nation went down!!! :lol:

Today Britain has become sanctuary of all those criminals who have committed different crimes in their home countries and want protection. And the loyalists of British royal family, including British government, give them all type of support if these criminals can prove themselves for any use for Britain, the nation.:pop: Today, Britain is the only place of the world where not only professional criminals but also the political criminals are getting protection, and only these people may help Britain to get progress; this is what British rulers believe now days. and as country like India is scared with this sanctuary of criminals which is intended to interfere in the internal matters of other countries, to create problems for them to fulfill different national interests of Britain, the nation, so every one is scared of them :cry: (for example, this is a Pakistan’s forum and have a look on the number of corrupt diplomats/ politicians who are wanted by Pakistan’s police but are being defended by the British government including former Pakistani president Mr P Musharraf who is charged for murder cases also? :hang2:)

Now days British rulers are picking all those nationals of different developing countries who have criminal background/ corruption cases and in return of being defended, they are ready to work for the loyalists of British royal family/ the British government.

(few days before, I tried to find out why Britain has become this big problem for the whole world that they are now in search of people of wrong background only to fulfill their different national interests? Then here we have example of this M-MRCA deal of India. Today Britian is making so much noise on MRCA as their over 4,000 jobs are threatened after losing this deal while EFT Typhoon is mainly developed by Germany ;), And their other future aircraft, F35/ JSF, is being made by US. While winner of MMRCA, the Rafale, is made by just one country, the France, including its engine so France is confident to make new technologies by themselves in future and can get progress by themselves. While these main pigs of the world, the British, are either relying on the technologies developed by US+EU, or, they are picking all those corrupts and criminals who have committed different crimes in their home countries and can be of any use for Britain, the nation, to help Britain get progress by either way. Only this type of corrupts and criminals can help Britain get progress, the belief common British nationals have got right now :hitwall:)

What about all those people commenting on the articles in british media? Everyone there is spewing venom against india

Spewing venom against India??? I don't know which articles are you talking about, but I have read article on Daily Mail [which equivalent of the "TOI" of Britain] the British people simply want that their Govt. should stop sending aid to India. Ok, first of all, there are many British people who want their Govt. should continue its aid program to India. secondly, comments in Daily Mail DOES NOT represent Britain just like comments TOI does not represent India. Thirdly, I don't see any wrong in British people's attitude over the British aid to India, since it their money they have right to raise questions against any Govt. decisions which THEY think wrong. Fourthly, I simply do not understand why are putting ALL British people in a same basket? are we ALL Indians behave in a same way?

A country smaller than many states of mighty India......... to hell with england

I think India should take the aid. The Labor MP Sadiq Khan has a point. GoI should not stop taking aid just because it is 'bad publicity'. They are basically turning off the tap for some poor people and some important programs like vaccinations. If they think the money is mismanaged, then find a way to direct it properly. Since the days of 'ministry for aid seeking' are over, why not have some NGOs handle the aid money into useful programmes. Think of it as some free funding for the thousands of projects ******* with the files because there is no funding.

This cocky attitude of 'I don't want your aid' might suit the Finance minister and the millions of netizens(who are basically well-off peopple, by the simple fact that they have access to internet), but there are people whose voice cannot be heard here and who may not even know if this affects them. So please swallow your pride and think about your countrymen.

Wait what? And Indians like to troll and call Pakistanis beggars. LMAO.

I think India should take the aid. The Labor MP Sadiq Khan has a point. GoI should not stop taking aid just because it is 'bad publicity'. They are basically turning off the tap for some poor people and some important programs like vaccinations. If they think the money is mismanaged, then find a way to direct it properly. Since the days of 'ministry for aid seeking' are over, why not have some NGOs handle the aid money into useful programmes. Think of it as some free funding for the thousands of projects ******* with the files because there is no funding.

This cocky attitude of 'I don't want your aid' might suit the Finance minister and the millions of netizens(who are basically well-off peopple, by the simple fact that they have access to internet), but there are people whose voice cannot be heard here and who may not even know if this affects them. So please swallow your pride and think about your countrymen.

Then the best way is to reduce the MRCA contract or better cancel the deal altogether and use this money for poverty eradication rather than depending on some foreign country for aid. Its said that India embarked on the Green Revolution after US tried to interfere in our food supply. Now we are self dependent on food, we could do the same on poverty eradication also.According to some sources India produces enough to feed, cloth and shelter every Indian, its not happening due to corruption and mismanagement among us. We should try to eradicate this rather than take the short cut of getting free money from abroad.

So the British have problem of India spending billions on jet fighters and not poor bcs we chose a French fighter. Thats plain hypocracy. If they were truly concerned about Indian poverty they would have never fielded EFT as a contender.

It is immoral to refuse aid just because your "prestige" is being hurt, when so many people are being helped because of aid.
It will make GoI look like fool.
However it is upto british to give aid or not, we have no say in that.
You should understand UK is also democracy, so you will hear different voices, ultimately their govt will decide what to do.

Its not the matter of prestige here. Its a matter of self respect. It seems UK would give us aid and in return ask us to keep quiet at the absurdities and innuendos they throw at us. When UK as a democracy, their people could ask to revoke aid to us, why can't I living in a much larger democracy, ask GOI to throw it right back at them, especially when they themselves consider it a peanut. Its seems to me that you are retired to the fact that they are somehow superior and we can't manage without them. I think you should know that we quiet easily can.

PS: India disperse just as much aid to other countries as we get. May be all we have to do is retain it ourselves and avoid the aspersions thrown at us.

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER(5th February 2012)

India's Finance Minister referred to the financial aid given by Britain to his country as nothing more than 'peanuts', it is claimed.

It is also claimed that Pranab Mukherjee and other Indian ministers tried to reject the money - around £280million a year - from the UK in 2011, but the British Government 'begged' them to take the money.

The Sunday Telegraph claims that the Indian government were disposed to reject the money in April last year, because of the 'negative publicity of Indian poverty' highlighted by the aid.

Chancellor of the Exchequer George Osborne, left, shakes hands with India's Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee on a visit to London in July last year

According to official transcripts, Mr Mukherjee said: 'We do not require the aid. It is a peanut in our total development exercises.'

Figures show India's economy is booming - and may eclipse Britain's economy within the next decade.

The row over aid to a booming country was exacerbated by the news last week that French firm Dassault Rafale was selected as the preferred bidder to supply 126 military jets to the Indian air force.

It was hoped the £13billion deal would be given to the UK - with Government officials claiming the £1billion of aid paid out to India over the last five years would help win the investment.

The British bid, by BAE Systems, which builds the Eurofighter Typhoon jet, was consigned to second place.

International Development Secretary Andrew Mitchell said in December that Britain’s controversial foreign aid programme was partly designed to win the bid.

The aid package is 15 times larger than the £18million France sent to India in 2009.

Asked to justify Indian aid last year, Mr Mitchell said: 'It's a very important relationship. The focus is also about seeking to sell Typhoon.'

The decision was also a setback for David Cameron, who visited India in 2010 with six Cabinet ministers and around 60 businessmen to try to establish Britain as the ‘partner of choice’ for India.

During Prime Minister's Questions in the House of Commons, Mr Cameron said he was 'disappointed' by the decision.

He said: 'We don't expect any job losses stemming from this decision and it does not rule out the Typhoon for India.'

He insisted BAE Systems was still in the hunt for the contract, despite losing the first round of bidding.

Indian officials said Dassault emerged in front because the Rafale jet was ‘much cheaper unit-wise’ than the Eurofighter.

It was reported that Dassault slashed its price demands to ensure the deal was done.

One Indian defence ministry source said: ‘The Indian air force, which is well-equipped with French fighters, is favouring the French.’ The Rafale jets will replace India’s ageing fleet of Russian MiGs.

According to financial advisers Merrill Lynch, India has 153,000 dollar-millionaires — a 20 per cent rise in a year, compared with Britain’s own paltry increase of less than 1 per cent.

Such is the economic power of India that it now gives out more foreign aid than it receives, and has handed over £3.5billion to cement relations with impoverished Africa.

Meanwhile, it invests huge sums in ambitious projects: £2billion will put the first Indian astronauts into space by 2016, and the annual defence budget tops £22billion, with a third aircraft carrier now under construction in an Indian shipyard.

British foreign aid: India tells Britain 'we don't need the peanuts you offer us' | Mail Online

Back
Top Bottom