What's new

Type 055 DDG News & Discussions

Hi , when will we see the first type 55 in service ? And has any ship been launched yet ? And also what is the estimated displacement of the type 55 ships ?

Launch later this year,commission in 2017.

Notice the short interval between launch and commissioning due to advances in bla bla。。。。。。

Normal displacement just short of 12000 tons。

Notice the short interval between launch and commissioning due to advances in bla bla。。。。。。

How sure are you that launch will occur this year? The vessel looks to be in nascent stages.

Wow . So these ships are more like cruisers than destroyers.
Thanks

Hi , when will we see the first type 55 in service ? And has any ship been launched yet ? And also what is the estimated displacement of the type 55 ships ?
10000 Ton, 13000Ton fully loaded.

China type055 DDG start building

146398125633624603.JPEG
146398125662411791.JPEG

I followed @Penguin since years, especially for China aerospace news, and I always find him constructive and talk with courtesy.

If you all don't mind to stick back to the topic, please.

Henri K.

I followed @Penguin since years, especially for China aerospace news, and I always find him constructive and talk with courtesy.

If you all don't mind to stick back to the topic, please.

Henri K.

If that little kid always Constructive and talk with courtesy.
He would not Derail Type 055 Destroyer Thread to SCS Issue.

@Deino Sir, please clean this Good thread from SCS Issue.
Thanks.

a very deadly big ship
Nice Development for China's Navy :china:

I hope Type 055 Heavy Destroyer would use Advanced Enclosed Mast/Sensor (AEM/S) System mast.

Please can members here, add some texts to the images that they post here, as its not always clear what you are trying to tell us.
Also, for those posting from Chinese websites, please could we also have a English translation as well please.
You no it makes sense. Thanks :-)

Please can members here, add some texts to the images that they post here, as its not always clear what you are trying to tell us.
Also, for those posting from Chinese websites, please could we also have a English translation as well please.
You no it makes sense. Thanks :-)

The note of the new pictures just says that the construction of the new destroyer of 10,000-ton displacement class was started at Jiangnan Shipyard in March 2016.

Back
Top Bottom