What's new

Type 055 DDG News & Discussions

The versatile VLS used by both Type 052D and Type 055 are larger and more advanced than the MK-41, it is technologically comparable to the coming MK-57, but still bigger than the MK-57 in term of dimension.

Just look how many cells the future USN warships have when they are using the MK-57.

DDG-1000: 80 VLS cells
ABIII: 96 VLS cells
are your vls cold start or hot launch? the mk-57 is module that can facilitate any missile in the usn arsenal including the upcoming lrasm.

also if your vls is better than the mk-41 then why is it bigger than the mk-57, yes i know your vls is for a lot of missiles some of them being large but so does the mk-57?

People will assume Chinese destroyer despite much bigger carries less silo than peer USN ship consider inferior or bad design. But Chinese designer has in mind giving bigger dimension of per silo for more room for upgrade and less restriction in terms of design and operation.
yes i do know china has vls cruise missiles, thanks for reminding me

are your vls cold start or hot launch? the mk-57 is module that can facilitate any missile in the usn arsenal including the upcoming lrasm.

also if your vls is better than the mk-41 then why is it bigger than the mk-57, yes i know your vls is for a lot of missiles some of them being large but so does the mk-57?

The Type 052D and the coming Type 055 can use for both hot launch and cold launch, it is universal.

The bigger cell will allow you to pack more miniaturized missiles inside.

They (rumor on internet) say "This is the 055 (over 90% alike) ... what we can see "

220959fkkx9ng9979guhhl.jpg
222151v8t4sn4jzylzlyz4.jpg

just like the US sparrow have you got any miniaturised missiles in mind for use

In a tv program the commentators said 052D can house 4 small missiles per VLS cell (mid spec). And 055 large spec VLS cell can house up to 8 for a theoretical max missile count of 1024 (if the rumor of 128 cell is true)

I know the type 55 will be succeeded by the type 55a, but are there designs yet for more advanced future destroyers/cruisers? Or is the type 55a "it"?

I know the type 55 will be succeeded by the type 55a, but are there designs yet for more advanced future destroyers/cruisers? Or is the type 55a "it"?

research does not stop simply because you finished one project.

obviously they are looking at future ships as well, you build one design(current), have another on paper(next gen), and a third in research(future design)

Hi , when will we see the first type 55 in service ? And has any ship been launched yet ? And also what is the estimated displacement of the type 55 ships ?

Back
Top Bottom